User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kay so I work at McDonald's and it is only on day a week, four days out of a month and so my paychecks at their highest are ninety six bucks. I use to work a lot when I first got hired but at the start of this year they cut backl my hours saying it was because I didn't know an actual position. I was always in the lobby and half the time was just standing around in the kitchen because there was nothing to do and I was not getting trained because I had not mastered the lobby and then my manager told me that they did perform an SOC on me which is like a little test they give you about the position you have been working at. I have seen them been given to my other co workers on the drive tru and though but no one has ever given me one I can honestly say. They didn't even pull out the paper to show me to back up their comments.

Anyways! So my parents are hassling me into finding a new job and I said that after this job I was not going into fast food again. Any workplace that tells you to clean a wall if there is nothing to do......like seriously?

But I have made over two hundred working in fast food and I know it can happen again if I just work more days but with this job I don't see it happening not even before the holidays. How I am suppose to pay for Xmas is beyond me.

Now to the point of this. There is a McDonald's closer to me that is now hiring and I would like to give it a shot. I would most likely just be a transfer seeing as I already work at a MD in a different location.

But I don't know what to tell them when I go in, I haven't even decided the day when I am going in because if they should call me they wouldn't get me because my phone has been turned off and I can't get it back on until Thursday this week. I mean I guess there is always the house phone.

But how do I let them know I want to work there without excessively badmouthing my current job? I know honesty is key and hell they will surely call my workplace anyways and I don't know what my managers will say.

The only thing I can think of is that this
But again what do I tell the manager when I go in?

I think I actually do want to stick to looking for a retail job.