Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
L o o k . H e r e . D a m n i t ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the idea?
  I would join.
  I would read.
  I would do neither.
  I'm interested, but I'd like to change/suggest some things. [ Pm me or comment here, please ]
  Other [ Again, pm me or comment here. ]
View Results

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:46 pm
GUYS!!!!!!

What up, my peeps? Doing swell, I see. Hopefully, many you guys are happy of my recent return to rping as much as I am to be rping again. Iv'e been rping in WhyNot for years so a major hiatus always feels so alien.

Anyways! That is surely not why I made this thread!

I HAVE IDEAS, FOR BUDDHA'S SAKE, MANN!!!!
*The crowd goes wild*

Or just one idea.
*The crowd quiets*

Dude, whatever.

ANYWAYS!!!! [ I'm making full use of caps lock, aren't I? ]

I am a beach bum. I surf. I party. I go to the beach. Every day. All day. The ocean is my life.
So, why haven't I made an rp about it?

Cause I'm a stupid ********, that's why.

So I want to make a surfing rp. Yes.
The plot would be about a group of high schoolers born and raised as locals on some island ( to be made up, of course ) and are known as surfing champs. They are experts in the water and are a group that is very well known. They are all friends, buddies, and appear to the rest of the locals as celebrities since the island is so small.

But in reality, they are more than that. These group of youths are mystical beings, blessed by the sea gods. One might say they are mermaids. Or demi gods. Or whatever. These youths are secretly not human, so the locals don't blink an eye to them and think they are just regular, talented teenagers.

Anyways! There are a couple newcomers to the island who've come to live there ( with their families or whatever reason ). Their first encounter with the surfers are intimidating, but the surfers have taken interest in these newcomers, whether they surf or not. They show these newcomers the ropes of the island, cool hang out places, hole in the wall restaurants, hot surf spots, awesome people, parties, and short cuts. But the surfers' intentions for assimilating these newcomers are not all sincere. They look to transform these newcomers into being one of them, whether they like to or not.
Will the newcomers come to accept this, or will they reject being turned into sea monsters?

Yeah. That's the gist of it.

Advice, comments, thoughts, ideas and interest is greatly welcomed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:52 pm
I get to be one of the newcomers and I am not afraid to stick a shiv in someone for the spot 'cause I'm all hardcore like that and stuff.

Anyways, that's pretty good as-is.

Luciiraptar

Dapper Lover

4,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

LizzieTheRose

Beloved Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:53 pm
My thoughts said in one short video. But anyways, I might actually join that.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:02 pm
I think it's a cool idea. I would like to have a try at being an unsuspecting newcomer, but I'd be happy with being either. whee  

ReaperInBlack

Celebrating Reveler

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:03 pm
Sounds interesting. You should definitely go for it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:09 pm
Yeah!

Thanks for the interest, guys. Surfing is my soul, so it gives me a warm feeling to see people interested.

I haven't seen a surfing based rp or hawaiin themed rp in WhyNot so I wanted to make something new and something I'm comfortable with. Your characters don't even have to be surfers, they co uld be locals or the such. I'm still getting ideas sorted, so...Yeah!

Any suggestions? I'm open to any ideas and plot twists.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:11 pm
Oh, and vote if you're interested! I want a gist of the head count before I end up making the beast.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:58 pm
Im deff gonna join this one i love surfing  

IchigoK25

Unbeatable Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200

aeirwen

aeirwen

Beloved Cutie-Pie

10,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:15 am
Sounds interesting, but I was wondering if there was a reason why the surfers want the new comers to become one of them.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:08 am
Ah, as for that. The island doesn't get much fresh meat. The surfer's are bored of life on the island. Newcomers interest them and adding them to the group would spice things up.
Besides, being sea monsters and magical beings, their breed is dying out. They need to expand somehow cat_3nodding

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

aeirwen

aeirwen

Beloved Cutie-Pie

10,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:42 am
Ah, so I see. Thank you. smile  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*