Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Discussion about A-sexuality

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yaoiboy116

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 am
Is anyone familiar with this sexual orientation? Does anyone recognize themselves as being A-sexual? I do and I don't know much about how other people view this or even how I myself view it but it is a real thing and needs to be recognized.
If anyone can enlighten me or just want to chat about it post and I will reply smile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:54 pm
I have a friend who is a-sexual. And you are correct, it needs to be recoginized. I mysekf am bi-sexual and transgender  

hawkmaster91

yaoiboy116

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:26 am
Hey, thanks for replying smile
where are you and your friend from? If you don't mind my asking  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:56 pm
I consider myself Pomosexual (not defining myself by any general sexual orientation), but I most closely resemble asexuality.
But honestly, I don't know what the hell I am. And I regularly get depressed over it...  

Luneth Moon

Timid Fox

12,400 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100

yaoiboy116

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:45 am
Silver Artisticus Moon
I consider myself Pomosexual (not defining myself by any general sexual orientation), but I most closely resemble asexuality.
But honestly, I don't know what the hell I am. And I regularly get depressed over it...

Hmm, well everyone is different and will experience or view their sexuality differently. For me, for example. I thought I was gay because I didn't feel physical attraction to the opposite gender but when I experimented with someone of the same gender I didn't feel attracted to them either. When I am physically close to someone whom I consider a significant other I physically feel nauseous. And it could be anything. I feel sick to my stomach if I so much as hold their hand, or kiss them or anything and so for me, what makes sense is A-sexuality.

Like I said, for everyone its different so perhaps you just need to reflect on experiences you may have had with people and try to figure it out. If you can't there is no need to be depressed about it, just stop worrying about it. I've learned in my gender studies course at the university I attend that there is no need to identify yourself as something specific. E.G. male/female/gay/straight/pansexual or anything else. Society makes us feel that we need a label but in truth we don't.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:15 am
yaoiboy116
Silver Artisticus Moon

Hmm, well everyone is different and will experience or view their sexuality differently. For me, for example. I thought I was gay because I didn't feel physical attraction to the opposite gender but when I experimented with someone of the same gender I didn't feel attracted to them either. When I am physically close to someone whom I consider a significant other I physically feel nauseous. And it could be anything. I feel sick to my stomach if I so much as hold their hand, or kiss them or anything and so for me, what makes sense is A-sexuality.

Like I said, for everyone its different so perhaps you just need to reflect on experiences you may have had with people and try to figure it out. If you can't there is no need to be depressed about it, just stop worrying about it. I've learned in my gender studies course at the university I attend that there is no need to identify yourself as something specific. E.G. male/female/gay/straight/pansexual or anything else. Society makes us feel that we need a label but in truth we don't.

Not going with any label is why I define myself as pom. Even though it sounds weird with Pomosexual being a label one uses to not be labeled...
But yeah, I used to be gay. I had a wonderful boyfriend and was happy but then just one day completely out of the blue all romantic and sexual attractions just...died. It was depressing because of the people who were hurt because of it. Right now my ex and I are the closest of friends, but I think he just saves face when around me. I mean, I hurt him really bad when we had that long talk that made us "just friends." He doesn't show it, but I know him like others don't, we shared everything with each other. It's just that pain I know he's hiding that in turn hurts me knowing I caused that suffering.
One of my biggest fears is losing everyone close to me, which sometimes even made me not want to get close, and that emotional bomb didn't help.  

Luneth Moon

Timid Fox

12,400 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100

DrAshFjorde

Barking Strawberry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:21 pm
What exactly is a-sexual? I have been told I am a-sexual because I do not gravitate towards liking males or females and act rather androgynous most of the time (with a bit of transgender tendencies thrown into the mix).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:54 am
Hey, I don't wanna be nosy, but I'm gonna ask some prying questions. I understand if you don't want to answer my questions but I hope you do. Anyway, when you say 'asexual' I think of a person having no physical attraction to any sex whatsoever. I was just wondering, if you ever feel the desire to have a companionship how will that work? Or will you never have that desire to have a companion because you're not attracted to either sex?
Thanks  

Harmony8910

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gaian 50

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:42 am
yaoiboy116

I am definitely familiar with this, as I used to uh.. be labeled that by my friends. Of course they did it jokingly
but it kind of grew on once I did my research and really.. it was how I used to be(if I followed the description).
Here's a question! Do you know what aromantic is? It's kind of off-topic but I can see it helping people(who reply)
who aren't familiar with this.

EDIT: I really also like what Milady Alluca said in this thread
It's the 8th post down.

This is just part of her post.
Quote:
I feel that asexuality is difficult to explain because I think it's one of those things that is different for all those that feel they affiliate with it.

Another edit: Sorry xD didn't read your reply to someone else but I just did, my bad! I'll still keep
the thread post up, although there is some negativity as well as people getting off-topic  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:50 pm
Well asexuality is to sexuality as atheism is to releigion. Meaning lack there of. Asexuals feel no sexual drive what so ever was my understanding of it.  

cajunantichrist

Rainbow Shrapnel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:28 am
I've been drifting further and further into asexuality for years now. I consistently find women to be the more ascetically pleasing gender, but there are many times when looking at a beautiful women becomes the sexual equivalent of looking at a pretty tree (no offense to dendrophiles).

It makes me feel so isolated, so broken. Sexuality is such a huge part of oneself, and lacking any sexual desire makes for feel like there's a huge chunk that I'm missing. I feel like there's this massive gap between myself and the vast majority of humankind.

It certainly doesn't help that I'm married, or that I used to have a nearly insatiable sex-drive. I feel like there's this person that I should be, that I used to be, and now I'm a failure because I'm not that person anymore.

It's probably because of my medications. But I suppose this chemical castration is better than suicide.

sweatdrop Well that got a lot more depressing than I'd intended.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:08 pm
I have a friend that's actually asexual, and I didn't understand it until pretty recently now that my libido has seemingly been demolished

We actually watched a documentary together about it, and I was disgusted that even when a group of asexuals has went to the LGBT parade and tried to hand out information on it, a lot of people were really rude to them :/
It definitely does need to be recognized...and more accepted

These Grim Secrets

miaerin326

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:43 pm
cat_biggrin I do  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:40 am
I'm very new to this website, but I'm also quite relieved to have found this topic. I looked through the guilds here to find one with asexuality anywhere in the description, but couldn't find any that weren't dead. I personally identify as asexual and genderqueer, and I've been heavily involved with LGBTQ activism at my college campus for the past year. I got my school's GSA to start including asexuality as an orientation as one of my first acts there, because I believe it is incredibly important to let everyone know that there are certain lesser-known labels that, while not currently having a very high visibility, are still ways in which people are born. I went a full nineteen years of my life having never heard of asexuality, and I was very confused and frustrated at times as a result. I know the suicide rates for gender and sexual minorities are already through the roof, and I believe that simply informing people of the different categories they might fall under could potentially save lives down the road when they realize they aren't the only ones who feel the way they feel. If anyone has any questions about it, I'd be glad to answer them, of course, but for the time being, I simply wanted to say that yes, I do identify as asexual, as do an estimated 1% of the world population, and I've been doing my best to increase awareness of asexuality in general since starting college. So thank you for addressing the issue.  

Linda Stone

Enigmatised

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:59 am
I thought I was asexual for the longest time. I knew I liked girls, but not sexually. I don't know if it was being repressed or I genuinely was asexual, but these days I'm definitely not. Hormones play havoc with your feelings. It was like a switch flipped on and I magically understood what 'hot' meant. XD But yeah because of having considered myself asexual for a long time, I still feel like it's a small part of myself.  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games