Kitten Magana

Precious Treasure

12,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:39 pm
User Image

Alright, so this is basically a post that Kitten thought should be up for everyone to rant about those things kids do (their's or everyone elses') that make them go crazy. This is a safe haven to rant, so please no screaming at others for saying something you don't agree with.

As for Kitten, she has a four year old son who acts like an angst, homicidal teenager. He never has been good and only people who deal with him for an hour or less think he's wonderful. As of recently though, he's not even nice around those people. Despite trying to teach him etiquette, manners and love - all he picked up was love for nature (as in plants and the sky, nothing else). Everyone now hates my child and won't even be around me because of him. He cusses, bites, hits, runs around like a maniac and destroys anything in his sight. If you tell him to calm down, he tells you off in the most vulgar and abusive way possible. He picked this all up from his father when we were living together and nothing has fixed it so far. Even ignoring his bad behavior and trying to be calm and loving gets you a kick in the face, literally. He drop kicked my little sister's dog the other day off the trampoline, broke it's ribs and back leg and LAUGHED. Totally horrified how evil he is and his doctor says it's completely normal for a boy his age while everyone else with kids his age are shaking their heads and say he's possessed. I'm starting to agree with them. He's already been to therapy two different times and they cleared him as normal, loving and not psychotic. Story of Kitten's every day life for the last three years.

Note: Kitten loves the little guy to bits and tries to be as nice as inhumanly possible to him 24/7 despite his behavior towards the world, so it's not one of those "I hate my child's actions, but am not doing anything about it" rants. She is trying to fix the years of damage, it's just hard as can be with no support from anyone and being a single parent. cat_sweatdrop

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:06 pm
Looks like he imitates the bad side of his father...

When people educate their kids, I observe them and one thing that I think it works is to recompense the child when he does something right and punish him when he is wrong and make sure he understood what he did wrong...
Also, you must look mad ... because some kids won't take you seriously.

Punishment may sound harsh but they are various ways without physical ABUSE like some parents would do... Like sit down + face the wall... You can't play. You can't have a cookie...

I saw on TV that (for more grown up children 6 years+). There's a big poster with task written on it, and when the child does it well, they put a sticker on...
Stuff like that...
Maybe try to google how to deal with difficult child...
XD I find google useful for many things hehe...  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Angelic_Highlights

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:24 am
My daughter has behavior issues but nowhere near your little one. It is obvious he learnt it all from your ex and sadly trying to change that for the better now will be extremely hard.

With my daughter what we have done is get a reward chart for being good, listening, not hitting [she has not hit since], not hurting the animals [again not done again just once], being kind to her brother, doing home work you know the general things.

She gets a star if she does it all right and at the end of the week as long as she has got 6 stars out of 7 one for each day basically she gets the reward for being good for each thing normally we do the rewards as

barbie dress from ebay
classic hot chocolate marshmellows
sweets
a new dvd
choose the desert
choose dinner
extremely glittery bubble bath
new bath bomb from lush

and it works! takes time though but it really does work!!! the dvd and stuff is for when she has done good for the month and she slowly is building up a barbie dvd collection.

-------

Now sadly they will not check children for ADHD or ADD until there at least 6 to 8 unless the school refers them. It very well might be worth getting him checked and see what happens.

Is he in nursery yet? reception class? my daughter started at 4 years old and if he is has the school said anything about the violence and such as if they have push for them to refer him to the hospital to be checked over.

Other than that LOTS AND LOTS OF PRAISE it works wonders than telling them off.

===

now onto my daughter biggrin

She can be a utter SOD! but then can be a complete ANGEL. I have put a stop on her going shopping with my parents because she messes about and my dad cannot handle it, he never is strict or even close to strict and sadly she knows this and she ran away from him in a huge super store he then panicked bigtime and almost had a breakdown. Now she knows we will not accept this behavior as she has not been with them on her own now for 6 months.

She is a handful at the moment and that is because she doesnt start her new school til the 19th and believe me it cannot come fast enough she is bored and not getting enough stimulation at school there being hit from every angle and it tires them out so all they want is home, cartoons, homework and bed and then it is bliss.

But as she is not there she is acting out so school would definately help your little one.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:28 am
My 13 month old son Jace is a hitter. He will walk up to you, give you kisses, and then start wacking you in the face! And when you tell him to stop or pop him on the butt he screams bloody murder and hits you harder. I don't know what to do. The doctor, too, told me this was normal.  

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

i syrxo i

Friendly Bloodsucker

9,650 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:02 pm
my 2 year old is out of controle D:
hes exstreemly loud and hyper.
he dosnt talk much. so its just high pitched screams. all the time. whether hes happy excited sad or just plain mad.
hes also a hitter. he thinks its funny to hit his father. and no matter how many times we "look mad" and say "david thats not nice! you dont hit" he gives us a smirk and continues to do it. another thing he dose is roll his eyes. god only knows were he picked that up from. hes learned the words "no. and mine" the newest words in his vary limited vocabulary. and the last thing that he dose that is terribly annoying is that whenever he has something he should and you day "dave give that here" hell say "no mine" and proceed to throw said object across the room..  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:07 pm
Oh goodness, I wouldn't know how to deal with that.  

Mord Alushar

33. ✿ - - - Parenting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff