Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rachel Zara

Shy Millionaire

5,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:29 am
I'm a 16 year old girl, and I was walking to my friend's house after school the other day, and some guy stopped and offered me a ride. First he passed me in the opposite direction and slowed down and beeped at me, but I figured it was just someone I knew saying hi or something. But then he went out of his way to turn around and pull over to ask if I wanted a ride, and I realized that it was a complete stranger. I said no and he drove away without a problem, but later when I was telling my friend what happened, and she told me that there was apparently a story on the news about some creep who's been prowling around town, trying to pick up kids. The description of him matched exactly the guy that I saw.
I know it was an isolated incident, and it most likely won't happen again, it just kind of sucks not feeling safe in your own neighborhood >.> I have to walk down that road alone all the time and I'm kind of paranoid now.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:20 am
It happens, but you did the right thing saying no and nothing else happen.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Jin-is-supreme

Tipsy Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:38 am
Whew that is scary. Did you report the incident? Police should increase patrol in that area for everyone's safety.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:05 am
I'm sad to say this happens quite often in the town next to my Rez! I agree with reporting it and giving a detailed description of the guy if at all possible especially if its a reoccurring thing in your neighborhood. These men don't need to think they can do this and get away with it. They need to be busted down on before they decide they won't take no for an answer anymore. Be careful walking home alone, please. I'm only so worried because of how often this happens where I live! Make a big deal about this because there is nothing little about girls being accosted on the street. We should be able to walk in our own town without some creep tailing us.  

HimeFiveCents

Overcharged Smoker

Rachel Zara

Shy Millionaire

5,800 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:18 pm
Loshka

Dagera

I didn't report it, because I didn't think much of it really at first, until my friend told me that it had been on the news. Does it make my report less valid if I waited a few days before saying anything? Because it happened Thursday, so the guy could be long gone for all I know.
It unfortunately is a reoccurring thing in our neighborhood; I've heard stories like this from lots of other girls my age, but it never happened to me till just now.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:04 pm
Rachel Zara
Loshka

Dagera

I didn't report it, because I didn't think much of it really at first, until my friend told me that it had been on the news. Does it make my report less valid if I waited a few days before saying anything? Because it happened Thursday, so the guy could be long gone for all I know.
It unfortunately is a reoccurring thing in our neighborhood; I've heard stories like this from lots of other girls my age, but it never happened to me till just now.

Waiting a few days isn't as helpful as an immediate report, but it is still very useful. Letting law enforcement know areas where the creeper has been lets them map out his comfort zone and better predict where he could try to strike next.

He could be long gone, but as you said before its a reoccurring thing. It could be worth it to notify someone of what you experienced. You could also tell school official if it makes you more comfortable.  

Jin-is-supreme

Tipsy Humorist

Marnomy

Pure-hearted Pumpkin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:03 pm
Other than what everyone else has said ...
I think it'd be best if you carried some pepper spray or some sort of weapon on you.
I'm sure everyone here (as well as your family) would feel better if you were at least armed if something were to happen to you!
biggrin Please be safe~!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:15 pm
Hope you notified the police >.<

It reminds me of the time that me and my friends were walking back home from the park (we lived across the street from each other). Then my friend looks behind her and tells us to pick up the pace. I am clueless as to why, till I actually start hearing somebody calling out to us "HEY! Wait up! Come here!" I look behind us and see a shirtless and very overweight man.
Let's just say we ran home like a bunch of scared children... we also figured out later that he was a child molester.. dodged a bullet there.

Anyway yeah stuff like that does happen, and that guy that is making you feel unsafe should be caught soon.  

RyuShikyo Yagari

Blessed Giver

7,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

NightAngels

Beloved Explorer

14,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:19 pm
ohmygosh well I'm so glad you are okay. : ( ... that is really creepy, you did the right thing saying no. And I agree with the girls above maybe a report will help police patrol your neighborhood, so that you and the rest can be safe. and so that they can catch him for good. >: (

EDIT: I also agree with Mornomy, you could carry pepper spray or a pocket knife. I carry a pocket knife with me in my purse.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:26 pm
i've yet to have this happen around here, but the GM-in-training at the local theme park is a creep, so i want to learn how to use a blade, and have a hidden blade on me...one that sheathes in the back and under clothes, maybe?
no one likes him, no one sensible. there's a group of girls that are wishy washy around him, and it's horrible. makes me wonder if there's a permit to have a hidden blade on one's self at all times or something...

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:40 am
That is scary!!! I if I were you, I would report the incident and hopefully, the patrol would be increased. But since you're thinking that he's long gone than keep looking for him and if you ever see him again luring people away [Or trying to anyway] then report him ASAP!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:15 pm
If you ever see him again, try to discreetly write down the license plate number so the police can track him easier. I suggest that you carry a small notepad and pencil in your pocket to do so.  

Princesse Poison

Sweetest Muse

34,215 Points
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items