Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitor Count
  +1
View Results

pay me in tea

Shy Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:50 pm
Welcome to my journal (that I'll probably forget about in a couple of weeks); my posts will hopefully lean more to the positive side and discussion is encouraged

I'm an Alice in Wonderland nut, and I'm addicted to tea. So, prepare yourselves for posts about either of those topics as well as: language study, business study, video games, writing, rants, and more.

Now, for those who need them I'm planning on having trigger warnings above all my entries if they're necessary based on the content in the post. If I need to add one please let me know and I'll tack that on straight away!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:59 pm
Self-Introduction

Username: spinning in tea cups
Name: Jade
DOB - Age: 19/10/1990 - 22
Occupation: Student - studying Japanese, Chinese, French, and Business

Hobbies: Reading, writing, playing video games, studying languages, talking to people, translating

Likes: anime/manga, tea, RP, kaomoji, Alice in Wonderland, stuff
Dislikes: fighting, rude people, curry, dust, pride with no basis, Twilight, Fifty Shades of Grey, dry highlighters

(。・ω・。)ノョ━ロ━シ━ク━━♪  

pay me in tea

Shy Dabbler

pay me in tea

Shy Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:19 pm
TW: anxiety

Entry One
06/11/2012

Short first entry? Sounds good to me! ヽ(゜▽゜)ノ

I'm currently attempting NaNoWriMo, and I'm having quite a bit of fun with it. My novel, currently, is a mess and I always seem to start one scene before jumping ahead to another, but it works for me and I'm quite happy doing that as long as I get the word count up
Yesterday wasn't a good writing day, due to class, a driving test, and an anxiety attack after I lost my mobile at the local shopping complex. Personally, I had thought I'd left in the car by accident, but after spending twenty minutes at a pay phone trying to contact my family who weren't answering their phones apparently not. Also, 'trying to contact my family', read: 'crying and panicking and trying to avoid everyone possible'.
Thankfully, all of that got sorted and I got to curl up at home afterwards and calm myself down.

Today is the horse races in my town! To tell the truth, I'm not really interested, but because of them my town gets a half day off work. I'd be getting a half day off class, but I'm not going today (゚ω゚;A)
After yesterday, I just didn't feel like going and talking to people today, so yeah. On the plus side, I've finished the booklet we're working on in class (barring the assignments I know we're going to do tomorrow), and I'm going to have time to catch up on my word count for NaNo!

My parents are putting new grass in the backyard, so for the past few days everyone's been digging and making a complete mess of the backyard. It's kind of interesting to see how it's gone from semi-clean to a giant mess of dirt and rocks. I'm helping out this afternoon, maybe... mainly because I'll probably get guilted into it because I haven't helped at all while they've been doing this lol It's November though, I have to write~~ I should probably help OTL

Anywho, I'm off to write some more! I'm aiming for 10,000 words today, so I have to really get into it for a while. く( ̄△ ̄)ノガンバリマース!!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:20 pm
Entry Two
07/11/2012

So I made it to 10,001 words on NaNo last night! Success! I'm aiming to add 3,000 to that tonight, though I'll probably only end up adding the daily 1,667 I need to stay on track. It was kind of late when I reached 10k, though I'm sure a lot of people would say it was early in the night... the thing is, though, that I wake up at 6am or earlier every day so staying up late just doesn't work for me lol

I keep reading stuff about the presidential election online, and even though I'm not American I kind of find myself somewhat interested in the goings on. Well, maybe 3% interested? Machines being tampered with, supervisors changing votes, and all of that... the underhandedness of a lot of it is interesting. Other than that, my only opinion is if Romney gets voted in then my friends will just have to come visit me in Australia, cause I'm not going to America. Oh well. Edit: So apparently Obama won... alrighty then.

Class was interesting enough today, we had three projects to write and I finished all of them in five pages of text before 12pm which meant I got to go home early so I had Subway for lunch

Now I'm just waiting for a friend to reply to an RP we started last night; it's supposed to be a mix of reality and magic, but so far nothing magical has come in yet... maybe something will soon though. I've missed RPing, I haven't done it in such a long time.

Anyway, back to NaNo for now! (* ̄▽ ̄)ノ~~マタネー♪

pay me in tea

Shy Dabbler

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:22 pm
spinning in tea cups
Wow you are learning so many languages ^^! What do you like about business ?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:34 pm
XxAriaxX
The course I'm taking is pretty much just Business Administration, and I'm just taking it in order to get a better job emotion_sweatdrop It's been interesting though, it's only a three day a week course so I also get plenty of time off lol  

pay me in tea

Shy Dabbler

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:48 pm
spinning in tea cups
XxAriaxX
The course I'm taking is pretty much just Business Administration, and I'm just taking it in order to get a better job emotion_sweatdrop It's been interesting though, it's only a three day a week course so I also get plenty of time off lol
Ah... I am studying in pure sciences and... it is sometimes hard... I am taking Microeconomic as a elective course. Many people said it is easy, but I didn't find it easy.

Like, I thought maybe I should change my field of study because there are stuff I dislike in science.
However, I know nothing about Business and administration so I was afraid to try.

So, I finally could register to microeconomics, it is interesting but hard... It's like learning something completely new, where some things doesn't make sense but with time it kinda does.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:55 pm
XxAriaxX
Ah... I am studying in pure sciences and... it is sometimes hard... I am taking Microeconomic as a elective course. Many people said it is easy, but I didn't find it easy.

Like, I thought maybe I should change my field of study because there are stuff I dislike in science.
However, I know nothing about Business and administration so I was afraid to try.

So, I finally could register to microeconomics, it is interesting but hard... It's like learning something completely new, where some things doesn't make sense but with time it kinda does.
Is the stuff you dislike in science ruining the rest of the course for you? sad

Oh gosh, I couldn't imagine studying microeconomics, I'm not good with economics at all. We have to learn a bit of accounting in my Business Admin course, but I'm not all too fond of numbers lol

I'm glad you find it interesting though, and challenging subjects are usually fun to study in my opinion, but then I'm a bit of an odd person in that way lol  

pay me in tea

Shy Dabbler

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:26 pm
spinning in tea cups
XxAriaxX

Is the stuff you dislike in science ruining the rest of the course for you? sad

Oh gosh, I couldn't imagine studying microeconomics, I'm not good with economics at all. We have to learn a bit of accounting in my Business Admin course, but I'm not all too fond of numbers lol

I'm glad you find it interesting though, and challenging subjects are usually fun to study in my opinion, but then I'm a bit of an odd person in that way lol
It doesn't ruin anything. It just makes me feel bored, like I often hear other students says Oh I looooove this course or I miss this course.... I never feel that way in my sciences classes. I just do my best that's all.

The thing is that in interviews for job, I notice that they like when you are passionate in what you do etc... and so I don't think I have a good future in science if I am so annoyed and bored..
That's why I kept thinking what should I study else, is there something I am more passionate about, but I haven't found one yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:32 am
Entry Three
08/11/2012

Today was pretty boring, really. I hurt my knee on Tuesday (it's now Thursday), and it's been steadily getting worse until this morning I couldn't even straighten it anymore. (。>0<。)

So, I mainly stuck to inside the house today and making cups of tea. I did start watching Nikita though. Why have I never gotten into this show before? It's brilliant, attractive, females being badass! Oh Nikita, and Alex, let me love you! (♥°▽°♥)大好き♡****

When I first heard of Nikita, I thought 'oh, whatever, probably some Mary-Sue bull where every guy falls for her or something', but no! It's amazing! Oh my god! It's shows like this that make me so sad that they're so rare.

Because of my TV show watching, however, I didn't reach my word goal for NaNo today, nor did I yesterday. I'm going to have to catch up, but tomorrow I'm going out of town with my family. When am I going to catch this up? I want that 50% off Scrivener! Argh!

Anywho! I'm off to write, and then sleep, and then write some more, and then traveling~~

(^o^)ノ < おやすみー  

pay me in tea

Shy Dabbler

pay me in tea

Shy Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:26 am
Entry Four
09/11/2012

I am currently 4,025 words behind on NaNo. ( ;∀;) Hopefully I'll catch up tonight, because I really don't want to continue on this track.

On the other hand, I went to Newcastle today And even though my knee hurt the entire time, I still managed to have a pretty good day. I bought a new teapot and a new tea cup!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OWLS! Aren't they cute? I also bought some Oolong tea, because, other than one cup a couple of months ago, I haven't had any since I came home from Japan. Ah, tea, how I love you~~

I'm going to get my hair cut tomorrow! I'm thinking about a pixie cut, but I don't know... maybe?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:31 pm
Entry Five
10/11/2012

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I GOT A HAIRCUT! AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH MORE THAN MY LONG HAIR!

I spent all day being a bit nervous about it, but when it came time to getting it done I was much more calm than the hairdresser (who I went to school with, surprisingly enough). At first she asked multiple times if I was sure, or if I didn't want to go to short slowly through multiple weeks, but after a while she caved and I got my hair cut short~~

Dad didn't believe I would do it, the git. But I have and it's amazing. I wish my fringe was a little smaller, but I'm really quite happy with how I have it emotion_bigheart

Time to play Sims and write some more! Yay!  

pay me in tea

Shy Dabbler

12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces