Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:00 pm
[Yippee! My sub-forum suggestion finally came through!]
Lately I've been saving up, collecting and storing items for my partner and my first home. It's mostly kitchen and bathroom inventory at the moment,
but just by looking at what I've brought I've discovered that my decorating style is somewhat a cross between Country French and Shabby Chic.
I'm in love with the kitchen below - I know my future kitchen will never be as grand, but I hope to take some aspects like the colour scheme from it.
User Image

So I ask of you all, what is your decorating style?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:29 pm
I've spent most of my life living in the woods in a log cabin. Being surrounded by that nature all the time has really influenced me! So I really love natural, rich interior design. I like bringing nature indoors with wood, stone. I love rich textures like (faux) fur shaggy carpets and stone fire places. Thick, flannel sheets and cast iron lamps. <33

EG:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Labtech Abi

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:46 pm
Labtech Abi

I really adore the natural texture in that interior; it has a certain rustic charm that gives it character.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:36 pm
I'm a huge fan of 'synthetic nature' meaning that I'd like all the foresty plants and whatnot without having to deal with the bugs. Anyway, basically I like a lot of fake trees, faux furs, bamboo mats, and flowers(very few being real). For a second, I was building a collection of things along that nature and then I realized that I also love dessert themes. So I bought some candles that look like truffles, and other candles I would be okay with burning, that smell like baked goods. So my idea was to make major purchases for my room, like my bed and dressers, all brown or tan colors, I even plan on painting the giant dollhouse/bookshelf my mom had made for me when I was a child, those colors, and then I would just swap out decor every now and again. Dessert one quarter of the year, nature another, and keep going back and forth, but after buying a picnic basket, I'm thinking I can merge the two things if I build my collection well enough. If things go well, my room would look like something out Hansel and Gretles nightmares. xD (gingerbread cottage in the woods FTW) and if not, I'll just make the dollhouse my ginger-cottage and the rest of my room can be the forest. We'll see.

These are the colors I want in my room. I couldn't find pictures that looked like what I expect the finished product to look like.  

The Likely Culprit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:50 am
my main thing is comfort. and purple.
i might actually have a few rooms that are Japanese-style, too, so no shoes or socks owo
for one of my classes in school, we had to take a quiz on this. i'll have to look and see if i can find it again...
EDIT: www.hgtv.com is full of this kind of stuff. their TV channel (HGTV[HD]) is as well~

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:38 pm
User Image

Hmmm I don't really know. Something modern I guess,I'll see if I can find a picture....

Maybe something like this. I gotta have my blue. I would like the rooms to be bright and pretty and have a lot of space!

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:42 pm
My style as it is evolving is hard to describe. I guess "eclectic" would cover it best: I'm taking elements of Mid-century Modern (Danish, Scandinavian, and American), "Granny Chic," and whimsical art & accessories. I like clean lines with fun touches and hand crafted things.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:51 pm
My colors would be red and black or Black and blue. darkish colors as for style i am not quit sure....  

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50

Harleys Sexual Blood

Shirtless Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:36 pm
♢ ♣ ♤ ♥arley uinn♥ ♤ ♣ ♢

, . ' ,

➜➜➜➜ I'm still a child inside so I love all the outrageous bold and bright colours. My favourite room would be a classy but still fun black and red sort of style. Like this maybe~
                  User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 am
I love Tuscan decor. Stone, marble, iron, copper... It seems to borrow some historical Renaissance elements while also having an industrial touch.

As for colors, browns, purples, and pinks with brown or purple undertones go beautifully together. I also like deep browns, dark reds (like burgundy), merlot, and olive green together. It reminds me of a vineyard. :] For a brighter more girlish room, I like pale pink, light gray, and white together. I also have a friend who had a black, gray, white, and eggplant purple room which was surprisingly pretty and calm.

Plush furniture like tufted headboards are nice and I really love ruffles and lace also. Delicate floral prints are beautiful too.

Something like this:

Demonic Incandescence

Dapper Dabbler

9,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:50 pm
The public rooms would be minimalist, any children's rooms cozy, private rooms Gothic-inspired. The public rooms would be a neutral color, the children's rooms currently undecided, the private black/red, with some other darker colors mixed in.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:26 am
Sleek, innovative and classic or modern and wild like a party.  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Account_Removed03

Wealthy Businesswoman

10,175 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:00 am
Well I want my house is like the japanese style but a little modernized as well. just like my gaia house even though its still working in progess  
06. ✿ - - - Home, Garden & Appliances

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games