Submit

Faerelle

Gaian

6,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 pm
Apparently, I can't get things off the ground. Simply because I can't feel passionate. And I have trouble keeping them up because I'm weak willed. I'm hindered by minor setbacks that send me into a flood of uncontrollable tears.
I really hate days when I feel like a sinking ship, since out feels permanent. Not to mention, I suffer from social anxiety disorder, and just tell myself I hate people because I an afraid they'll hate me.
/rant
I envy others' confidence and resilience and their "it's my life" mentality that they're respected for, and want some of my own.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:33 pm
Manta-bee

You said that you suffer from social anxiety disorder.
I think you should start by decreasing your disorder until you get rid of it completely.

Have you sought for professional help like counselor, psychologist?  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Faerelle

Gaian

6,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 pm
XxAriaxX
Manta-bee

I think you should start by decreasing your disorder until you get rid of it completely.

I've been doing research online and in books, was I can't afford one at the moment. The problem could be impatience, as I am upset things aren't happening fast enough.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:47 pm
Manta-bee
XxAriaxX
Manta-bee

I've been doing research online and in books, was I can't afford one at the moment. The problem could be impatience, as I am upset things aren't happening fast enough.
It is something I experienced too : impatience. I never had a professional diagnostic, but in moment in my life there was times I hit depression and suffered from slight social anxiety disorder.

It turn out that I watched a video on social anxiety disorder and it helped me out. I don't have the link of the video anymore and... it's in french so I don't think it can be helpful.

I did like you did. Search online... read many stuff... but I also had friends.. I talked with the ones that were willing to help me. I also talked with my mom...
I also posted my issues on Gaia. The combination of advices I received, helped me out.

You know it takes time and effort to improve any situation. So, be patient, continue to work on it and one day , you'll really get rid of it.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:46 am
Um.. hoo boy.. Okay, I know this feeling, I stupidly turned to drugs. Don't.

I'm lucky, I have free counselling where I live, and.. I use it to death. I gained my attitude through my art. I did it under a pseudonym. It helps to put yourself out in a way where it's not directly you.

I have a second thing, for relationships, but it's out there.. not sure if you're in one, so I'll hold mine judgement.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:13 am
For me, most of my confidence in what I'm doing is a charade. As long as I pretend like I know what I'm doing things tend to work for me.

Strength came through a severe depression due to issues with others. Then realizing that I was still in control after I got away from them and watching someone else have things a bit harder than myself. I would hope you don't have to go through the same.

The main thing is realizing your position. Knowing that you're in control of where your life is headed because it is. Your choices completely influence your life.  

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

yuintakie_yuki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:03 am
my problem is kind of the same
i always lack confidence
but sometimes i force myself to do it
i mean go for it immediately before i stop and think about it

furthermore
this helps me abit, kind of, or at least im making myself believe this helps but
i make a chant/mantra to myself
like for instance
i want to do something properly
i say to myself i can do it, i am great, i am awzum
something positive to boost myself up^^  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items