Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
THE CITY OF GOD.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:27 am
THE CITY OF GOD.

[Working link March 28th 2016. Please notify us of broken links.]  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:06 am
This feeds my aversion to all things pagan, lol.

Extra-biblical examples of their pagan gods proving useless, yet people still hold on to them (but what's really repulsive is that Christian people today are still participating in the festivities honoring Janus, Juno [their "Queen of Heaven"], Jove/Jupiter etc...); pagans wouldn't show Christians mercy like Christians showed them mercy, yet they call us evil; their practices of war paint a stark contrast to YHWH's laws (i.e. violate the virgins vs. spare the virgins). burning_eyes

However, it is comforting to know that I share the views of early Christians even down to their views on burial, suicide, and ungodly entertainment. With each passing day, I'm further convinced that pagan practices—their descendants included—and all evils committed against fellow mankind are done to "violate" or "dishonor" YHWH's image. Since we're all made in his image, I see it as Satan taking billions of animated voodoo dolls that look like YHWH, and convincing them to do evil things to themselves, or dressing them up dishonorably, in order to spite YHWH through his own creations. Straight-up vandalism. evil

Though I think people aren't always cognizant of this when they do it, even fellow Christians. That's what makes suicide and sexual immorality all the more un-Christian: you're taking it upon yourself to violate/dishonor his image. A slightly different analogy: there are seven billion copies of you running around the face of the planet, engaging in things you'd never do, things you find disgusting, tarnishing your reputation. I understand his wrath. People get all up in a tizzy because of ONE person stealing their identity, imagine 7 billion people wearing your mask/badge, identifying as you, doing things in your name that you don't approve of. Ugggh, I feel such aggravation just imagining it, like "how dare you; if you're going to be my clone, act like it". This makes his "patience" with humanity all the more amazing.

Oh and this:

Quote:
CH. 30 - For why in your calamities do you complain of Christianity, unless because you desire to enjoy your luxurious license unrestrained, and to lead an abandoned and profligate life without the interruption of any uneasiness or disaster?

Chapter 35 - [...] some who shall not eternally dwell in the lot of the saints. Of these, some are not now recognized; others declare themselves, and do not hesitate to make common cause with our enemies in murmuring against God, whose sacramental badge they wear. These men you may to-day see thronging the churches with us, to-morrow crowding the theatres with the godless.

The existence and hypocrisy of Fake Christians. Keeping one foot in the world and another foot "in the church", when in reality their heart is actually more loyal/in agreement with the things of this world, talking against what YHWH has clearly established as his wish/will/desire for humanity. emotion_donotwant

This might come off as "ranty", so I feel like I should say, "I harbor no hate for pagans"; I know they're deceived by the devil, just like I was at one point. I'm angry that his lies are even there in the first place, but grateful that there is a way out.

Dear Satan,

You suck at ruling the earth.
Congrats on your fail job at being
"god of this age" & "prince of this world".

Sincerely,

your Ex-lover

lol emotion_awesome

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items