Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply Past History - where the dead threads go (request if you want)
To anyone willing to help save tineirme

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Aura-Muse-

Enduring Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:41 pm
http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/don-t-close-tinierme-you-re-taking-away-our-friendships-memories-please-reconsider

i know it's only something small, and most likely, they won't even pay any mind to this, but i just feel as if i gotta do something to help, I love Tm too much to see it go down. I know, shun me, say it's stupid, do whatever, I just, it's better then doing nothing at all. Please, to any one, Please sign cry  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:21 pm
Money is the only thing that would save TinierMe, so what you'd be looking to start is a donation pool, but I doubt you'd make enough to make them reconsider sadly.  

Papillon Flora

Fashionable Shopper

-Aura-Muse-

Enduring Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:36 pm
*sigh* i know, there's someone on tm that's actually working on something like that, i just felt like i needed to try and do something  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:56 am
Jessica Halifax
Money is the only thing that would save TinierMe, so what you'd be looking to start is a donation pool, but I doubt you'd make enough to make them reconsider sadly.

Money won't even save TM. It's a combination of money and legal issues. They were walking a very fine line in terms of legality, and there wasn't enough profit in it for the risks they were taking. No amount of petitions or donations will change that.  

Kahtrilla

Dapper Genius

Mizuno Aoi

Invisible Shoujo

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:06 am
Kahtrilla
Jessica Halifax

Money won't even save TM. It's a combination of money and legal issues. They were walking a very fine line in terms of legality, and there wasn't enough profit in it for the risks they were taking. No amount of petitions or donations will change that.

Legal issues how? I've nor heard nothing of the sort. In fact the most popular rumor I've heard going around is that GCREST/CyberAgent got a new CEO and is pulling out of the U.S. Market (Pico World is also closing in December).  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:09 am
I know I'm being pessimistic, but TM is dead to me now.
All these petitions just seem ... old.

LDSK

Wry Operator

19,375 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Wry Dealer 500

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 pm
Mizuno Aoi
Kahtrilla
Jessica Halifax

Legal issues how? I've nor heard nothing of the sort. In fact the most popular rumor I've heard going around is that GCREST/CyberAgent got a new CEO and is pulling out of the U.S. Market (Pico World is also closing in December).

This is the explanation I'm leaning on. I heard it from one of the TM sponsors, which gave me more reason to believe this was the reason.
It's nice that people are trying, but it's just not coming back. Even then, lets say someone actually has the money to buy TM. Why would GCrest want to give up their site, TM name, items, etc? Especially when they're still using assets and creating new ones for @Games. They'd have to have some sort of partnership, which I doubt is something they're looking for or are interested in. As far as I understood, they're just not interested in the US market anymore. We don't spend money the same way people do in Japan.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:26 am
Indeed. I got a peak at GCREST's quarterly earnings and they reported +18% increase in income. Not like running sites over here seemed to actually cost them anything with profits like that.

Hell, I wonder how much of that was profit from TM and Pico World?

Guess I'll see sometime next quarter if they make more or less after dropping the U.S. market.  

Mizuno Aoi

Invisible Shoujo

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Timid 100

Miss Hate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:58 am
Jessica Halifax

Yes, they are short on funding the site
The best bet is if a larger company would invest in TM  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:08 pm
http://www.giveforward.com/tiniermefundraiser

http://twitter.com/SELFY_TinierMe/statuses/46355292677611520

http://wn.com/tinierme-donation

http://www.change.org/petitions/tinierme-com-stop-raising-prices-on-gachas

http://stuffpoint.com/tinierme/forum/415-dont-close-tinierme-/  

AUSPi

Atachii

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:31 pm
Veiss Wynd
We don't spend money the same way people do in Japan.

^
I think it's that.  
Past History - where the dead threads go (request if you want)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games