Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 28. ✿ - - - Video Games
So what's your favorite underground/unknown video game?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:36 pm
By unknown/underground, I mean that pretty much everyone you talk to has never heard of it.
Final Fantasy, Warcraft, Mario, Legends of Zelda, etc. are non-examples.
My favorite game series, Sengoku BASARA, which is by CAPCOM, is underground here in the US. Over in Japan, it's a big thing. One of the characters was actually used in some political ad.
...though I've seen SenBasa ads on Gaia (for the movie that recently got released in the US) emotion_kirakira

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:14 pm
Sakura wars so long my love.......its such an amazing game....but they don't want to release the other 4 games to the U.S.  

fifimaru

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:09 pm
User Image

Can I say the Suikoden series? It never really made it big here in America, but it is pretty big in Japan. Sure, 6 of the games came out, but there is talk of more in Japan that might not come out here.

Another one is called Mischief Makers for the N64. It was really fun from what I played. (It was my friends)

Post style by PhallenPixie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:17 pm
If you consider Ar Tonelico or Hyper dimension Neptunia underground than probably one of those.  

Violet-Shay

Shy Dabbler

16,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

Sweet Peppermint Tea

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:07 am
yum_tea Eh, probably Bangai-O. It's an older game for the (sadly defunct and underappreciated) Dreamcast. It's a multi-directional shooter that is pretty much a total bullet hell. Either that or another Dreamcast game, Jet Grind Radio. JGR is a rather innovative game about street-tagging, rollerblading gangs under assault by an evil corporation; it didn't really take off in the U.S., but it's now a cult classic. I think it was rereleased on XBox Live, but I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:15 pm
Rubai Sora
User Image

Can I say the Suikoden series? It never really made it big here in America, but it is pretty big in Japan. Sure, 6 of the games came out, but there is talk of more in Japan that might not come out here.

Another one is called Mischief Makers for the N64. It was really fun from what I played. (It was my friends)

Mischief Makers was a really fun game. 3nodding Shaking things was fun, especially when other objects could be combined into one using the Clancer Pots.  

Commander Sigma

Mega Man-Lover

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:29 pm
Super Fightin Prototype
Mischief Makers was a really fun game. 3nodding Shaking things was fun, especially when other objects could be combined into one using the Clancer Pots.

User Image

That was fun..... I really want to get a copy for myself.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 am
Klonoa games were good. Hardly anyone I know has heard of them.  

Hatchet_90

Dedicated Friend

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:19 pm
Theresia? I've never seen it or heard of it myself until I found it in the store. I've only told it to two people and they're both unfamiliar with it.

It's a horror survival and hidden object game. The art is beautiful and it relies on your imagination to scare you more than anything. Between the music and creepy themes. Lots of blood and bodies in the room. Lots of traps from seemingly innocent things. Just moving a chair can trigger something sharp to hurt you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:39 pm
I really like Yume Nikki and .flow. Maybe they're not underground games, but I haven't met many people who knew what they were.  

Rosa Imperatrix

Beloved Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hero 100

Seiphira

Mystical Dreamer

15,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:32 pm
I like Dark Cloud the original one. It was sort of a hit, but there are others who have no idea what I'm talking about when I mention Toan and Xiao.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:26 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Spyro and 102 Dalmation puppies to the rescue!

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
28. ✿ - - - Video Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items