Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Precarious Problem

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:28 pm
Ok, so I'm bi, or so I think. ( I've kind of gone from les to bi to asexual over the last few years back and forth). Well, my Mom still assumes that i'm straight, and I have not come out to her. I have never been in a relationship ( for obvious reasons XD).

Lately, some guy in one of my classes has took an interest in me. My Mom thinks he's an okay guy, even though she knows he is a druggie. This leads me to believe that she is desperate for me to get a boyfriend. ( don't worry I don't have anything against druggies, trust me...).

Surprise, surprise...I'm not interested, I don't think. <********. I want to be in a relationship, but I dont know if i even like this guy yet. And i am feeling pressured into making a decision.

Also, I really don't like how he smokes.

How do you handle this, if you cant just pull, "Im gay" out of your asss?
I just want more time

Its not like this hasnt happened to me before. Before, i just ran away from the situation. Now, I am not sure I want to do this.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:41 pm
"I'm just not that into him." ?

I'm not really understanding why you need to have a reason not to date this guy.
Edit: Or why you'd be expected to make a decision right away.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:58 pm
Sigh, maybe it because I want to please my mother,as she insists that i date him. It is inevitable that he will ask me out soon , and i dont know how to postpone the situation. Also, I don't think its right to just reject him, right?
Taeryyn
"I'm just not that into him." ?

I'm not really understanding why you need to have a reason not to date this guy.
Edit: Or why you'd be expected to make a decision right away.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:02 pm
Xx_LunaJade_xX
Sigh, maybe it because I want to please my mother,as she insists that i date him. It is inevitable that he will ask me out soon , and i dont know how to postpone the situation. Also, I don't think its right to just reject him, right?

What's not right is to get involved with someone when you don't even really like them. It's not fair to them, and you aren't doing yourself any favours, either.

I can understand wanting to make one's family happy, but leading the guy on is not the right way to handle the situation. If you're not interested (or just aren't interested yet), say so, both to your mother, and to the guy.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:06 pm
Alright, Thanks for your help... smile
Taeryyn
Xx_LunaJade_xX

What's not right is to get involved with someone when you don't even really like them. It's not fair to them, and you aren't doing yourself any favours, either.

I can understand wanting to make one's family happy, but leading the guy on is not the right way to handle the situation. If you're not interested (or just aren't interested yet), say so, both to your mother, and to the guy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:41 pm
Best answer for this hun would to tell your mother how you feel. You need to tell her eitherwise you're only gonna have your mom breathing down your back. The guy doesn't see like a decent guy anyways. I'm not much of a guy who likes my guys to do drugs, thats just me. But It sounds like in your mind, you're telling yourself that you can do better than him.  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rezal_Zioun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:04 pm
Say "I dont like him enough to date him. Also he smokes and that bothers me alot."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:20 pm
Yea, you guys are right. Its not going to be much of a problem to tell my mother, but more of one telling him. I hate hurting people, and I don't want to appear... judgmental?  

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

Ravyns Darkness

Precious Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:04 am
If you don't like someone, you don't like someone. I tried to avoid hurting someone that said they liked me by telling them that I'd try to be their friend and see how that went and maybe things would turn out for the better. So I basically wasted a few weeks trying to get to know this person who, at the end of it all, didn't even seem to really like me/know me. So, long story short, it's probably just best to hurt the person now and let them move on than hurt them later when their hopes are up.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 pm
Don't date him, simply because you don't want to. It has nothing to do with your sexuality. And if your mom is so infatuated with him, tell her to date him just to get that point accross. I think it's absurd that a parent would pressure their kid to date anyone they don't want to.

Ezra

Fashionable Businesswoman

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Alverus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:16 pm
You're pressured to date someone? That's new.
I thought people would be smarter at deciding on these types of situations.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:52 pm
Xx_LunaJade_xX

You have every right to reject him if you're not interested. It's hardly anyone else's job to tell you who to go out with.
emotion_omnomnom
Also, Ezra brought up another excellent point. emotion_c8  

lenon01

Dangerous Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash