Submit

luna-spiritu-solis

Invisible Prophet

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:03 am
My mother is getting married for the third time this coming May, and my older sister and I have been asked to sing at her wedding. Here's the problem.

1: My sister and I can't stand our mom and only want her getting married so she will move out of state
2: My mother is religious and likes christian music and her fiance likes country. We can't find a happy balance for a music selection
3: We don't have very much time within our schedules to practice so we need songs that aren't going to be to difficult to learn.

Please help? Any advice on the situation or song suggestions would be very much appreciated neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:23 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

How is number one the problem if you are going to sing at the wedding anyways? I thought after reading that you would want advice on how to say no, but I guess you can bear to stand her for a while huh?

I don't like either of those genres, but I would suggest find a Christian song and it it in a country like accent.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:28 pm
If you want to sing at her wedding, you should ask your mom what songs she would like.
So, you don't need to search for a song.
Since your mom is the one willing you to sing, I don't think it matters if it is not a country song that would fit her fiance preferences.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:33 pm
little aishi chan
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

How is number one the problem if you are going to sing at the wedding anyways? I thought after reading that you would want advice on how to say no, but I guess you can bear to stand her for a while huh?

I don't like either of those genres, but I would suggest find a Christian song and it it in a country like accent.

It comes down to me being willing to put up with her and all of her nonsense until she leaves with her new boy-toy. -_-

Thanks, but that doesn't help me much. I need specific songs.  

luna-spiritu-solis

Invisible Prophet

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

luna-spiritu-solis

Invisible Prophet

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:35 pm
XxAriaxX
If you want to sing at her wedding, you should ask your mom what songs she would like.
Since your mom is the one willing you to sing, I don't think it matters if it is not a country song that would fit her fiance preferences.

I asked her what songs she wanted when she first asked me but all I got was "It doesn't matter as long as it's appropriate, at least one country song, and you think I'll like it". So.... that doesn't give me very many guide lines. I mean... I know a whole list of what she doesn't like but I can't figure out what songs she would like :/ idk... Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try asking her again.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:51 pm
luna-spiritu-solis
XxAriaxX

I asked her what songs she wanted when she first asked me but all I got was "It doesn't matter as long as it's appropriate, at least one country song, and you think I'll like it". So.... that doesn't give me very many guide lines. I mean... I know a whole list of what she doesn't like but I can't figure out what songs she would like :/ idk... Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try asking her again.
hmm You can always try to google love Country song or Wedding country songs and find the song on youtube to listen to it...  

Miss_XxAriaxX

luna-spiritu-solis

Invisible Prophet

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:47 am
XxAriaxX
luna-spiritu-solis
XxAriaxX

hmm You can always try to google love Country song or Wedding country songs and find the song on youtube to listen to it...

I can try that. I suppose it's hard for me to find something because I'm trying to find some songs that would be appropriate for a daughter to be singing to her mother but I suppose it really doesn't matter as long as it's a love song. Thanks for the suggestion.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games