which one?
  Hunger Games
  Twilight
  Harry Potter pwns!
View Results

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:34 pm
Eh...Twilight for me. At least it was intending to be all romance-y (and totally delivered it, no matter how stupid the story was) while to me (I haven't read the books) it seems like the Hunger Games was going for the dystopian idea, but ended up like a lukewarm plate of spaghetti. It honestly sounds like a great idea for a story but from what I've mostly heard, it doesn't quite deliver all of the 'oomph' one would expect from a story like it.

I omitted my opinions of Harry Potter for the obvious reason of: it would have won with no contest, I grew up awaiting each and every book and was never left disappointed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:38 am
in my opinion twilight isn't that bad, if you just read it for the romance. LOL.
if you make me choose between the two i would choose hunger games. there's a little bit more thrill and detail to it than twilight.

EarlsGarden

Newbie Hunter

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:47 pm
Hunger Games as a book was all right, though the movie was not worth the ticket paid.
Edward has herpes. I have no interest in romance, either, which that series relies on. The rest of it seems to be filler, really. I could not get past the first page (Windy burned it after he saw me slam it shut and read a random page in the middle), and the movie dragged.
Harry Potter was good, though I have only seen the movies all helter-skelter. I saw the last one first. All the local libraries have all of their books and DVDs checked out...pain in the rear.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:06 pm
I read all three and they all have up's and downs. Hunger Games was intense and dramatic; out of the three it had the most original concept. Even if the last book felt rushed. Harry Potter had amazing characters and rich history; but it was one of those book series that I think got more credit then it needed. Twilight had horrible characters but I enjoyed it for it's stupid stuff and the Volturi were not that bad.

In the end they all have up's and down's but I like them all. I read the whole Harry Potter series and watched the movies and I'm re-reading Hunger games for the 3rd time.  

Penkari

ChiffaniChan

Aged Gaian

8,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:34 pm
I loved all 3 hunger games books, I can't say that about most other series where the last few books the writing get sloppy and the plot get bad. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:27 pm
I've never read Twilight and will never force myself through it either.
About the hunger games: It could be an OK book, maybe even a good book, if I didn't like the way the author wrote. I'm not a fan of the language she uses. But then again, the reason for that is because it's a teenage book, and I don't fancy those because of the easy and "modernized" language.

The story was somewhat good from time to time. I must admit, while being in the arena, both of the times, I didn't quite want to stop reading. But the whole "revolution" thing was quite bad, and I had hoped for more, considering they made the book a movie.

Keep in mind that I read all the books on swedish, and even though the translations are very good, there are still some differences in the overall language and attitude.  

Dora The Exploded

Dangerous Explorer

6,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
18. ✿ - - - Books

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers