Submit

Kumiko Fujiwa

Fluffy Lovergirl

13,225 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 am
Hello. I'm new to the guild, and thi morning, something bad happened to my mother and I. My mother is a lesbian and my father... Well he's a bad bad man. Anyway, my mother and I have been running from my father for when I was two years old. We ended up living in Colorado because of my grandmother's drug issue. (Sadly I almost got the drug into me by her careless behavior) I'm 15 years old, and I've been living in Colorado for 8 years now. Thing's have been getting worse as the day goes on. I'm currently failing three to four of my classes, and just this morning, my mom got something in the mail. It was the food stamps people. They said we owe over a thousand dollar's. With my mother's pay check, she can't make any of it up. We wont be able to have Thanksgiving, nor Christmas because of it. I'm working part time at the closest place we can find. I want to help my mother, but she keeps putting stress on me because of my grades. I understand school should come first, but I don't want my mother to sit there and do nothing about these thing's when I can help her. I have no idea what to do. I'm trying to help my mom and at the same time get my school work done. Please help.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:20 pm
Kumiko Fujiwa

You should tell your mom that you are doing your best that you are working part-time to help both of you financially.

I know people that work and study. To compensate the time that they spent working to study, they won't have time to ''play'' , hang out with friends ...

They just work and study. Sounds depressing, but this is how they do.
Some people can manage their time well, study well, to have time to have fun with friends.

Depends on your own ability to learn.
When you don't understand something at school, you should ask the professor, so like that you can get better grades because you understand better the material.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

lunaofmars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:19 pm
Yup, sit down with your mom and talk to her. Be yourself. You're doing your best the way you know how.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:14 pm
Hey sweetie! I hope you have been able to solve your problem but here is my input..

My dad works like crazy and my mom can't speak english. We are a family of six and my dad and I are the only ones who work. I work two jobs (minimum wadge jobs.. one in the morning and one in the evening). But we never have enough money in the house. It is hard but I am going to go to school too... I have always been the alpha male in my family. I am sure it has everything to do with your mind set! You have to understand that this is only temporary and that you will get through it!! I tell myself everyday that what I am doing is right and is exactly what I have to do!! You have to be strong and yes it is freakin' tough! and yes I want to quit and just go.... I am old enough to just turn around and get an apartment and with my two jobs I can handle the bills but I am too strong to just leave my family. My mom says it has something to do with my pride (she says its a bad thing... and she always yells at me for caring too much lol).

But I will tell you that you have to take pride in who you are and what you are doing! You are helping your mother!! Yes, you are only 15 so leaving for you is not an option, but if you see it as an option you will the second you turn 18! Don't!! Instead study!

Yep lol everything I just said made you go wtf when I said study haha (didn't it hahaha). The thing is all of this is temporary if you study! If you don't you will end up like me. Two poor paying jobs, not enough hours in the day to work how much you need to pay for the bills and school. Because when you are my age you will see that school is the only thing that will pull you out of this temporary line of difficulty. When you study hard and do well you can get a career that will let you forget how hard all this is!

I would be happy to help you with your studies and mental support if you would like me too. Feel free to pm me if you run into any questions or just need someone who understand hear you out.

Good luck!!  

999 Sutcliff_Grell 666

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces