Submit

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:27 pm
Really would love to start reading a new book series, suggestions please?
I enjoy fantasy, suspense, romance and drama.
Please and Thank you (:  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:09 am
Have you read any Dean Koontz books, he is a great author of suspense. I just finished his book Intensity, and it was really good  

Violet-Shay

Shy Dabbler

16,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:47 pm
Violet-Shay
Have you read any Dean Koontz books, he is a great author of suspense. I just finished his book Intensity, and it was really good

No I haven't, however I see his name pass by a lot at the library (I work at a library ^^) He's very popular because I'm always shelving his books over and over. C: Perhaps I'll check out one of his books myself.
Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:54 pm
Happiness

Have you ever read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? If you haven't read it, you should really read it.

Now. Go do it. (Best. Book. Evar.)

" This life is yours.
Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well.
Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly.
Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature.
Take the power to control your own life.
No one else can do it for you.
Take the power to make your life happy. "
- Susan Polis Schutz

Subtle Antiquity

Dangerous Gaian

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:57 pm
Buttercream Belle
Happiness

Have you ever read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? If you haven't read it, you should really read it.

Now. Go do it. (Best. Book. Evar.)

" This life is yours.
- Susan Polis Schutz

No I haven't. Is it a Sci-Fi?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:58 pm
Silver Koneko

Happiness

It is actually a Science Fiction.

" This life is yours.
- Susan Polis Schutz

Subtle Antiquity

Dangerous Gaian

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:01 pm
Buttercream Belle
Silver Koneko

Happiness

It is actually a Science Fiction.

" This life is yours.
- Susan Polis Schutz

Assumed so based on the title. Not a big fan of science fiction, however can you give me a base summary of the book to see if it sparks my interest.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:03 pm
A Gaia friend of mine recommended a book to me the other day and I'm about to order it because I'm so fascinated by the synopsis.
It's called The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James. And here's the synopsis for you:
Sarah Piper's lonely, threadbare existence changes when her temporary agency sends her to assist a ghost hunter. Alistair Gellis-rich, handsome, scarred by World War I, and obsessed with ghosts- have been summoned to investigate the spirit of nineteen-year-old maid Maddy Clare, who is haunting the barn where she committed suicide. Since Maddy hated men in life, it is Sarah's task to confront her in death. Soon Sarah is caught up in a desperate struggle. For Maddy's ghost is real, she's angry, and she has powers that defy all reason. Can Sarah and Alistair's assistant, the rough, unsettling Matthew Ryder, discover who Maddy was, where she came from, and what is driving her desire for vengeance-before she destroys them all?

Clasela
Crew

Subtle Antiquity

Dangerous Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:12 pm
Silver Koneko

Happiness

Well, the book starts with Arthur Dent, and he wakes up hearing a bunch of noise, discovering that his house is getting ready to be torn down to get ready to build a freeway bypass. So he went outside and lied down in front of the bulldozers, and the foreman couldn't convince him to move.

Arthur also has a friend called Ford Prefect. But Arthur doesn't know that his friend is really a space alien trying to write a book(The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) on space and time. He does this because, well, he claims, "The World Is About To End!"

The Beginning is basically the start of everything. Ford and Arthur are consulted by the intergalactic people's, and they go through space and travel, trying to stop the end of the world. c: (I'm horrible...At Summaries.)

Also, another nice book is The Last Invisible Boy, By Evan Kuhlman.

Here's a link to the trailer:
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQqZZLwhHI

" This life is yours.
- Susan Polis Schutz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:18 pm
Buttercream Belle
Silver Koneko

Happiness

Well, the book starts with Arthur Dent, and he wakes up hearing a bunch of noise, discovering that his house is getting ready to be torn down to get ready to build a freeway bypass. So he went outside and lied down in front of the bulldozers, and the foreman couldn't convince him to move.

Arthur also has a friend called Ford Prefect. But Arthur doesn't know that his friend is really a space alien trying to write a book(The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) on space and time. He does this because, well, he claims, "The World Is About To End!"

The Beginning is basically the start of everything. Ford and Arthur are consulted by the intergalactic people's, and they go through space and travel, trying to stop the end of the world. c: (I'm horrible...At Summaries.)

Also, another nice book is The Last Invisible Boy, By Evan Kuhlman.

Here's a link to the trailer:
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQqZZLwhHI

" This life is yours.
- Susan Polis Schutz

Ooh, sounds very intriguing. C:  

Silver Koneko

Desirable Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200

Subtle Antiquity

Dangerous Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:20 pm
Silver Koneko

Happiness

It can get a little random at times, but it is wonderful. I was looking for the correct Synopsis for the book since i don't own it, but i found this:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371724/plotsummary

Not the Synopsis, but the plot summary, which is like, the next big thing.

And The Last Invisible Boy is a bit of a book for youngsters, but i still love it. It's a great, emotional and silly book. Awesome if you just wanna smile and have a nice read.

" This life is yours.
- Susan Polis Schutz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:48 am
Piers Anthony does a lot of great, deep stuff with interesting romantic situations. Many are considered science fiction but its not like they are chalk full of techno-babble, they are actually very enthralling, down-to-earth, and humorous! Piers Anthony explores a lot of the uncomfortableness of life and sex. Well, imo 4laugh Everyone has their own tastes!

I'd recommend the Biography of a Space Tyrant series or possibly the Mode series. But he also has some great stuff I haven't even read yet. Xanth is just hilarious, you can tell he had a fabulous time writing it, its so silly sometimes XD! My bf keeps swearing by his Incarnations of Immortality series.

Hm, mb try On A Pale Horse. Its a good choice for new Piers Anthony readers. heart

If you want a huge theological book that will have ya questioning your own ethical beliefs Marion Zimmer Bradley's Mists of Avalon will have ya reading for awhile! Its like 900+ pages! So well done and so thorough. Its her take on the Arthurian legend.

Hm, well that's all I can think of right now that you might really like. Let me know if you actually read any and what you think emotion_yatta And if ya find anything cool recommend it to me ^_^ I've been looking for something new to get into lately too. Cheers and happy reading!

HimeFiveCents

Overcharged Smoker

JulietRawR666

Invisible Loiterer

12,100 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:56 am
The Morganville Vampires (there's over 10 books in the series.)
It's about this town that has both humans and vampires co-existing. There's a university in the town and the students that go there don't know about the vampires. Crazy stuff happens, I quite like it...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:15 pm
honestly, any of the books from the author of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series is fantastic

i've just got done reading Animal Farm by George Orwell which was good but it's a metaphor about politics and russia

House of Leaves is a good one, though it's kind of a psychological horror rather than sci-fi

the Warriors series is a cat-based series on cats who own territory and fight over the land and whatever and it's great, i recommend that one as well

Through the Looking Glass is an alice-in-wonderland-type book that's definitely fantasy, and it's a series but that's the only one i've read

ummm i can't think of any others but i'll post them here if you need anymore uvu

craigsllst

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

VeraTara

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:54 am
Iron Fey series is pretty, it's a fantasy book with fairies, the sidhe.

18. ✿ - - - Books

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games