Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[PRP] It's like hitting a puppy, only cuter (Solia, Poke) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:21 pm
Solia was just glad that Poka wasn't mad with her. She needed to watch her words more carefully in any event but it was nice to not have to fret for once. Still it was hard to miss the ghouls agitation towards the talk of fog. Solia made a mental note to avoid it. It had been a rather all around unpleasant experience. Bringing it up in the future could means less than welcomed results.

But hey, dragon lore! That seemed safe enough to discuss. As Poke went into detail about what she liked, it was Solia's turn to laugh a bit. "It's alright. I understood. I can't stop your nature. All I would hope is that you tried to keep the humans alive. Not focus on... One of them. When you focus on one of them it gets... Hard. Humans aren't just fragile in body." They couldn't handle the strange. They were not all like her and the hunters.

"But you like fighting, breaking things, and treasure? Sounds very classic dragon to me! Oh, can you do a variation of berating fi- wait no questions. Sorry."

Trying to not ask for info was hard.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:14 pm
The dragoness nodded with Solia's explanation, inwardly impressed at just how calm and accepting the girl was of her nature. Although, she was right about her own kind...

"I have had...experiences in the past that have turned me against hunting humans." Poke appeared grim at this point. "Though regardless of other dragons taste in humans, it is very frowned upon to hurt them...Although..."

She began to pace back and forth, her mind going over the information she had. Briefly she waved a hand at the girl when she apologized for asking a question. "No harm done. But I'll need to be careful too, I wont ask of you any sensitive information about the hunters. It's only fair. However there is one thing that worries me..."

She looked back at Solia. "Feel free not to answer if it will contain sensitive info, but your entire existence make me wonder about our own laws and if they're being upheld. Because it stands to reason that if humans didn't feel a need to fight, they wouldn't have you around..."

"So my question is thus...can you tell me how many humans are actually being killed?"  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:32 pm
The grim expression had Solia frowning. She hadn’t meant to upset the ghoul. The pacing just made Solia’s concern worsen. At no questions? Solia nodded her head. It was all fair and logical really. “You can ask me.. some things. I don’t mind answering. It’s just really… in depth things I might not know or can’t say. I’ll try to be honest if I can. I mean-“ she held out her weapon a bit, “-I want to find out more about him. So that means at some point I’ll have to give as many questions as I take if that makes sense. A trade off.”

At the question Solia shook her head. “It’s not sensitive info as far as I know. But our own laws? Do you mean.. human laws? The rules we hunters must follow?” She wasn’t sure how to answer but-
“More then there should be. Even if it’s not directly done by your kind, that is, halloweeners in general, imagine… Imagine someone growing up tormented by seeing things no one else could see. Imagine being hounded, everyday by shadows and being unable to see them. Living everyday worried that the feeling behind you is going to kill you. People… People aren’t strong all the time. Sometimes they give up because they feel like it’s the only way out. Other times, people get scared of other people. They become distrustful, hurtful, and it kills a person from the inside. I don’t know how many die from the influence but-“ She shook her head.

“Killing a person… It’s not always direct.”  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:08 pm
A trade off. Poke understood trade offs. She liked the idea of trading something for something else. A chance to increase her own wealth by exchanging goods. But this time it was trading information. A dangerous game, one that both of them would have to be careful in save they don't reveal the wrong information.

But her concerns on that would have to wait. She listened intently to Solia, each word seeming to bore a hole in her conciseness. Disbelief was shown on her face briefly, to be replaced by shock.

"Jacking hell..." She growled once the hunter had finished. "thats not..." Her tail began to lash back and forth as a sign of her agitation. She looked the other way, appearing conflicted. "I always thought scaring was a safe zone. Something that could be done without hurting the human involved. Just a quick fright, then they're left alone to recover..." What she was being told made sense, but she didn't want to believe it.

She shook her head. "What I meant by 'our laws', were the ones placed on us, halloween. Even though we need human fear to survive, we have strict regulations that must be followed. Killing humans is forbidden, hurting them is forbidden. Hell even talking to them can get you in trouble."

"But what you're saying is, thats not the case, and humans are being scared beyond what should be allowed...."

She clenched her fists, moving close to a wall. "It' so...aggravating..UGH!" It came out to smash against the wood, the timber cracking under the pressure. "I don't get it! They feed us this bullshit about rules and regulations, and here there are monsters going all out. What the jack is going on..." Her growling intensified. "Why wont they tell s anything?!"

iStoleYurVamps

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:50 pm
At Poke’s agitation, Solia inched back, Drawing her weapon just a little bit closer. She’d defend herself if she had to. “I- I’m sorry.” It came out a whisper. She hadn’t wanted to make it sound bad but.. that was the reality of things. “It’s… difficult. Us hunters… we’re probably good cases to what happens when the shadows take things too far. I’ve met one who lost his home to fire started by um.. Others I assume would have similar stories. I’m afraid I don’t know your laws intimately. It’s not on my level yet.” Shuffling, she leaned against a wall.

“When I grew up I could see them and.. well. My parents thought I was cursed. They had me go through a lot of things. Things that made it hard to just live a normal life. I mean, I tried, but it was always hard. To be honest not all the shadows were bad. Sometimes they tried to help me. Sometimes I think they wanted to be kind. But the thing was… no matter what happened, I could see them, no one else could. It made me different and for us humans… different is not good.”

She tried to smile, ignoring her own memories. Trying to ignore Poke’s anger, though she was slightly edging away. “I want people to be able to live without going through what I did. I’m not sure how but.. I want to try. Israfel sometimes talks about a cycle. A cycle that if we keep fighting, we’ll just create more like me, cause more strife, more pain- he.. he said that the first step we’d have to take is to leave the cycle. That is what it means to understand.” She tried to sound hopeful, but fear ebbed into her voice. Poke had struck out, and now she wasn’t able to read the dragon so easily anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:52 am
At first she did not hear the whispered apology, her mind feeding off her own anger at what was happening. But she heard Solia's story, and once she looked back she realized her folly in letting her emotions take control. It was obvious by the hunters stance and how she held her weapon close that she had frightened her.

"....s**t..." Her body lost all tension as the dragon stood there feeling utterly stupid. She had had no intention of hurting Solia in her moment of anger, but then the hunter would have no idea of her intentions. She proably thought she was about to eat or something.

Her fins pressed to the side of her head, and the dragoness slumped to the ground with a sigh. Best to look as non threatening as possible.

"I'm...I'm sorry." She held up her hands, palms facing the hunter as a sign she meant no harm. "I didn't mean to scare you like that. I was just taking my anger out on the wall." The irony of her words was not lost on the dragon either. It was her frigging job to cause fear, and here she was saying sorry for it. Although when she looked at the hunter, hearing the fear in her voice, it was easy for her to feel bad.

"If it's any reassurance, I've never struck out at someone just because I'm pissed. Thats not how I roll. I may punch walls and break items, but nothing too extreme." She looked to the ground, her tail curling around her body. "You have nothing to fear from me. Really."

Her hand came around to scratch the back of her head. "It just bugs me...hearing about all these 'shadows' and what they're doing. Are they special kinds of Halloweeners, or maybe even horsemen?" She looked up at Solia once more, her gaze containing no anger. "I'm just...annoyed that you had to put up with so such crap. To be labeled cursed cause you see things sounds so utterly stupid.... It's not like you summoned them or anything...."  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:14 am
An apology, Solia inched back, Israfel telling her to be wary but- he didn’t feel a sharp spike of fear, the hints to an attack. “I… It’s okay. We just met and it’s understandable that we’re wary of each other. It’s all from preconceived notions that have until recently been proven true. You mean no harm, but I cannot know this, just and neither can you. Our trust is built on new ground, and all trust take time and effort to create a solid foundation after all.” She took a deep breath, looking around her.

It was nice to talk about this with one of them. To hear them and just.. listen. To talk. Israfel liked it too. Talking was a step from the cycle. It was the first step. “Humans… It’s neither here nor there. I think it’s a bit of.. lost in transition. The shadows, er, halloweeners don’t quite realize what they are doing when they are near someone who can see them. Just as those who see them don’t quite know what they are seeing. I got past my issues… but I don’t know. There are a lot of unanswered questions. I want to try and find a way where no one must suffer for the happiness of all. There doesn’t need to be sacrifice or suffering for peace. Just time and a willingness to try and understand. To talk. To give and take in equal fair and balanced measure. But, it’s a bit of an impossible dream really.”  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:37 am
Well, at least she hadn't run off or attacked her, so that was something. Poke sat back, listing to the girl speak of hope and peace and all goody good things. Which wasn't bad. Just as long as everything didn't become rainbows and unicorns and gag worthy glitter.

Though she wasn't sure how to respond to Solia. Was it that simple, to just blame everything on a misunderstanding? She doubted it, but hey, it wouldn't hurt to go along with this.

"It's only impossible if you let it be." The dragon said eventually. "If you're willing to try, then thats a step forward to making it possible. I'm sure there are others out there who want to make peace with humans." At this she paused, looked around a bit, then coughed. "Like me I guess but I'm still no pushover. But there are whole originations out there that strive to protect them."

"But hey, I'm all for no sacrifices or suffering."  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:01 pm
Poke’s words had Solia nodding her head enthusiasm. Yes, nothing was impossible, she’d just have to work a bit harder for it. She missed a bit of the cough but- “I’m glad. That’s… the first time I’ve heard about them really. So it’s something I’ll have to look into on my side. If I can. Ah-“ She held up her coat a bit. “The bane of being so new. None of the fun facts. But it’s something for me to figure out. I- Thank you. For talking with me like this.” She held out her hand.

“I’ve stayed a bit long in one place. They’ll wonder if I’m not wandering so… Until we meet again Poke.”  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:20 pm
With a grin, Poke took the hand that was offered and shook it gently. "You're welcome. It was nice to chat for once, I'm all for fights but, not to the death or anything. Until we meet again" With those words, she turned around, walking through the doorway in hopes she could backtrack her steps.

Five minutes later, if Solia was still in the house, she would hear these words...

HOW THE JACK DO I GET OUT OF THIS PLACE?!  

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers