Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Finally going to a therapist

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NuSith

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:41 pm
Hi, I'm Seth a FtM trans.
For the longest time I thought all the gender therapists in my state were too far away to see on a regular, but I was searching around the net and found one had an office in the next city over where i plan to move in the spring.
I called and set up an appointment with her. I'm so happy I'm getting this going.
I'm 28 so you can see I'm a bit bummed I was never able to move on this earlier in life.
My mom already said she's happy for me and my roommate is taking me to my first appointment. I'm still nervous though.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:33 am
Congrats smile
I'm hoping to see the only one in the province as soon as my papers come through - hopefully Jan at the latest for that  

FauxZombie

NuSith

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:26 am
FauxZombie
Congrats smile
I'm hoping to see the only one in the province as soon as my papers come through - hopefully Jan at the latest for that

Best of luck to you bro.
It sucks living out in the middle of nowhere. I was sure I had to wait a few more years and move to a city to get this done.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:47 am
NuSith
FauxZombie
Congrats smile

Best of luck to you bro.
It sucks living out in the middle of nowhere. I was sure I had to wait a few more years and move to a city to get this done.
Some times having to put in the gas is worth it to make something that you want to happen - happen  

FauxZombie

NuSith

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:17 pm
FauxZombie
NuSith
FauxZombie
Congrats smile

Best of luck to you bro.
Some times having to put in the gas is worth it to make something that you want to happen - happen

My main issue was I don't drive and don't havea car, and the roommate works a lot. But I found the therapist in the next town over. We go there a lot any way, pretty much once a week any way, and going to move there.
But yeah I was willing to go up to 80 miles if I could swing it. It's worth it and somthing I've wanted since I figured it all out and did the research. I'm so eager to go and start this. I even talked to my sister in law about it last night. She was going to pay for a few of my sessions as an X-mas gift.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:05 am
I whent to my first therapy session today, and because I have lived as a male for so long or identiied as male since i was kid, my doctor feels comfortable already talking about doctors and treatment. I go back next friday for a letter of protection, incase anyone bothers me for useing the men's room and whatnot, and to talk over my goals and treatments.
I'm so happy right now. I'm not all alone either. a recent friend I made at a comicbook con came out as trans not too long ago, and he is calling doctors today and starting all his transitioning at the same time.
I'm going to my parents in a few hours to fill them in. My mom was expecting all this to come much later. I had told her 3 months or 3 sessions at the least before doctors and treatment even came up, but for me it was one session. So I have to prepare my parents for all this.  

NuSith

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:22 am
Congrats on the successful first session smile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:22 pm
Good luck~
I'm going to a therapist soon too..but for different reasons.  

Ravyn457

Shameless Nerd

16,100 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items