Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking
THANKSGIVING!!!! What's on your table this year?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Besides the classic turkey, pie, and carnberry stuffs, what is on your table this year? I'm pretty sure my parents are making cake again this year. My mom is also trying to make a sweet potato pie but me? I'kll be going to McDonald's later because I'm that much of a picky eater that I don't like any kind of Thanksgiving food. emotion_puke

I also need to go to the store and get more soda and some candy too!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:59 am
Besides a lot of pie and big turkey, there's baked sweet potatoes and greens. YUMMEH~!
McDonalds?! TT - TT But McDonald's is so terrible ...
I'll take a roast turkey over chicken nuggets any day. > u <

Marnomy

Pure-hearted Pumpkin

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:24 am
Marnomy
Besides a lot of pie and big turkey, there's baked sweet potatoes and greens. YUMMEH~!
McDonalds?! TT - TT But McDonald's is so terrible ...
I'll take a roast turkey over chicken nuggets any day. > u <

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vice versa for me ^.^ I saw the turkey my dad made and while it looks good, I don't like the smell or the gravy. Blah! Besides I had chicken nuggets yesterday, I'm getting two sandwiches and fries. mrgreen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:38 pm
Well, we don't celebrate thanksgiving here, but for dinner I made my family a watercress salad with mango dressing, stuffed sweet chilli peppers, and ham, mushroom and mascarpone pizza. <3
Which is out of the norm since I really don't go all out when it comes to salads.  

Lozzieful

Tipsy Lunatic

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:15 pm
In addition to turkey, stuffing, potatoes and the like, we also have lots of polish dishes at our thanksgiving, like kielbasa (polish sausage and sour krout), perogies (a dumpling/pasta filled with cheese, potatoes, meat or fruit), and kolaches (a cookie/pie crust filled with fruit)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:17 pm
My mom made turkey, greenbean casserole, mash potatoes, gravy, stuffing, bread, corn break, buttermilk biscuits, and pecan pie, and corn ^_^  

NightAngels

Beloved Explorer

14,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Conversationalist 100

KayaTesagi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:09 pm
What I saw was rolls, corn, turkey, ham, chitlings (pig intestins...my grandma, uncle, and younger cousin eat it...it stinks so much scream ), pumpkin pie (i think), cakes, macroroni, something with eggs (mind gone blanket to what it is, cranberries...and i think that was it..i dont know if there was more or not. i didnt bother really looking around since i dont eat much  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 am
User ImageUser Image

I just had mcdonald's for supper Cx
Well, since i've an atheist family, we don't celebrate thanks giving.
However i get jelly just by looking at those yummilicious baked turkey P:

User ImageUser Image  

eneroella

Darling

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:16 pm
Last time I checked Thanksgiving wasn't a religious holiday so much as a secular one. You don't need to worship anything to appreciate and be grateful for what you have.

This year we went to my Mother In Laws house. We had the standards but we also had cider baked ham, butter dips ( basically bread sticks that are baked in a ton of melted butter).  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:28 pm
User ImageUser Image

Is that so.
Then i must have been made believe thanksgiving's somewhat a joint festive season holiday together with christmas.
Mine's an asian family, i believe any other asian family does not celebrate thanksgiving.
Apart from christians.

User ImageUser Image  

eneroella

Darling

Zariah Khi

Lavish Dabbler

13,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:19 pm
I don't know much about thanksgiving we don't do that here in our country. All I know is that its a pretty big celebration in the US and they always have roasted turkey. sweatdrop

Anyway, Christmas is our main holiday here. And instead of turkey we have ham. Christmas spirit and festivities usually starts as early as September and finally ends on January, thats why it is said that we have the "Longest Christmas season". blaugh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:02 am
Thanksgiving was meant to be a day at the end of the growing season to come together as a community and give thanks for a bountiful harvest, the foods that would help them get through the cold winter months to come.

Any religious affiliation is projected onto it by the individual. In other words a Christian would be thanking God for a good harvest, a Pagan may thank their patron deity, an Atheists can simply be grateful for a good year. Its a personal perception of who/what to be thankful to.  

MercyWild

Blessed Seeker

7,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Samantha Disney

Super Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:20 am
We had turkey, ham and the original fixin's for it. I really missed making my pumpkin pie cheesecake this year, but had a rough week that week.

Hope you had a good holiday!  
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff