Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
PDA's

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:10 pm
No, not Personal Date Arrangers. I'm talking about Personal Displays of Affection. Or, sucking face in public. What do you guys think? Personally, I love it and wholesomely support it. Seeing two people kissing on the bus, subway, on the street...I just think it's cute. For me it's a real pick-me-up when I'm feeling down. It gives me happy feelings (no, I'm not being dirty) that I can express to my partners. It helps me to appreciate how much I love my partners and how grateful I am to be able to have people close to me that I can express it in the same way.

I know...some people think it's disgusting. Even just seeking two people who are obviously intimate with each other to express their attraction for each other. I just don't get that.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:27 pm
Depends where it's being performed. If you're at the grocery and two love doves are macking it in the middle of isle or line chances are I won't be very appreciative or kind.

I think if people are doing it out of the way of other people and are mindful not to get carried away I'm too bothered.

I'm not a particularly affectionate person myself but that doesn't mean others shouldn't be allowed to show their love for one another.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:32 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao
Depends where it's being performed. If you're at the grocery and two love doves are macking it in the middle of isle or line chances are I won't be very appreciative or kind.

I think if people are doing it out of the way of other people and are mindful not to get carried away I'm too bothered.

I'm not a particularly affectionate person myself but that doesn't mean others shouldn't be allowed to show their love for one another.

Yeah...I agree...if they're not akin to a road block...I don't see that a lot though. It just shakes my head when, say, they're on a bus and getting really cuddly...I mean...not like raping each other's mouths...then I just giggle and shake my head at other's discomfort.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:45 pm
I find the over-the-top displays to be kind of annoying, but other than that, I don't really care what other people do. I don't like or dislike seeing it.

Exception: Elderly couples. I don't know why, but seeing two people who are still lovey-dovey in their senior years just strikes me as sweet.

For myself, I absolutely do not enjoy being very affectionate in public. I'm a pretty reserved person, and it makes me uncomfortable.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:18 pm
I'm a rather introverted person myself, but my girlfriend likes holding my hand in public.

The idea of PDA is a hit and miss for me. Majority of the time, it disgusts me though.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:36 pm
Depends on what kind of affection it is. Holding hands, cuddling, and little kisses? I think that's fine. It's even cute, most of the time.

What I don't like is when people decide to have a full-blown make-out session right next to me. I knew a couple who did that in high school, and I remembered being constantly annoyed with them. I also saw another couple in the bus station once who were pretty much having sex with their clothes on, and I didn't much like that.

Impy Kun

Dapper Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:11 pm
kissing? yeah sure, whatever.
hugging? i've bear-hugged my friends in public, go on ahead.
holding hands? yeah, sure! go nuts.
and anything else, like spinning people around? it's entertaining to watch, so please go right on ahead.

but please, no going full-on makeout sessions. i don't need to see that, thanks.
also one guy started running his hand up his girlfriend's shirt in public (the back, thank god). i just... no. save it for the bedroom or wherever, buddy.

/omgi'msuchanoldlady  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:47 pm
it's ok to a certain point for me i mean when they are just kissing and not really like makeing any noise while doing so then it's ok but when they start to like try to literitly suck each others faces off or are just punching eachothers face with their lips then thats when i hate it i mean seriously what the ******** are you doing!?! it's kissing not a battle to the death with your lips!! and also in movies they start off doing that really really really slow kiss that is like............*about to kiss*.......<..........>...............*still about to kiss*..<......>........*finally aboutto kiss* <...> *kiss* <> AND THEN!! *EAT EACH OTHERS FACE!!!* <#(*%&(#$>  

shadow_hellchild9756

Unforgiving Lunatic

5,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:39 am
shadow_the_hedghog9756
it's ok to a certain point for me i mean when they are just kissing and not really like makeing any noise while doing so then it's ok but when they start to like try to literitly suck each others faces off or are just punching eachothers face with their lips then thats when i hate it i mean seriously what the ******** are you doing!?! it's kissing not a battle to the death with your lips!! and also in movies they start off doing that really really really slow kiss that is like............*about to kiss*.......<..........>...............*still about to kiss*..<......>........*finally aboutto kiss* <...> *kiss* <> AND THEN!! *EAT EACH OTHERS FACE!!!* <#(*%&(#$>

Yeah...mouth raping is SUCH a turn off for me.

Love this! Hehehe *snort* Never seen it yet. But I'd LOVE to do commentary to it while it's happening!
Quote:
they start off doing that really really really slow kiss that is like............*about to kiss*.......<..........>...............*still about to kiss*..<......>........*finally aboutto kiss* <...> *kiss* <> AND THEN!! *EAT EACH OTHERS FACE!!!*

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games