• Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:17 am
Message Archive:
--------------------------
StrayKit
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:23 am
i'm actually very happy to see a wiccan thread in here that's on discussion and has details on the religion itself for people who don't know ^_^

nicely done with the praentheses in the title too
-------------------------
Rainbowpop26
Posted: Monday Jul 23, 2012 3:28 am
Thanks!
I tried. I want to help people understand at the very least.
My life would've been a lot easier as a teenager if I had someone to explain it to me.
Straykit
Posted: Monday Jul 23, 2012 3:31 am
i had to look up everything on my own and get books on it to know what it was about, but my friends enjoy hearing about it. actually, this next weekend is what's known as Goddess Fest where a lot of new age things and such are sold. and there's music, and dancing, and alters set up publically you can to an pray or leave offerings at...it's really nice
Rainbowpop26
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:35 am
Me too and my mom found out and flipped out on me and called me a devil worshipper .
That sounds so awesome! I wish we'd have something like that around here. I've never actually been around other Wiccans irl.
---------------------------
StrayKit
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:40 am
my mom was iffy, my dad still doesn't understand it or is comfortable with it, but they're accepting of it at least
it's really nice, they're all very calm and generally very happy individuals
sterek
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:56 pm
I follow the basic Wiccan principles, but while I do practice magick (I tend to call it witchcraft, and I don't stick to Wicca-specific elements; I integrate elements of angel magic, shamanism, hoodoo, etc.), I haven't celebrated Wiccan holidays since I was 12, and I don't openly identify as Wiccan. So perhaps I am, like you, a solitary eclectic Wiccan. I've been told that not being part of a Coven doesn't make me (us?) a "real" Wiccan, to which I say ******** it, because I hate anything organized anyway.
Rainbowpop26
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:05 pm
That's OK! You are who you are. I very rarely practice magick myself because I lack the concentration needed to do it properly.
I hate it when people say things like that. I believe that that is 100% hurtful therefore it goes against the Rede....so either they aren't true Wiccans or they aren't very good ones.
Keep your head up and do what feels best for you. Don't let anyone get you down. It is my belief that Religion is a very personal thing. It should be what someone feels comfortable with, only shared when appropriate with people one trusts, and never ever forced on others. I only wish other people felt the same way. Just because you don't do something a certain way doesn't make you any less Pagan than you really are. Pagan is a very blanket term... regardless of if you are Wiccan or not Pagan would be a good way to describe it. <3 Maybe I should change the title of this thread to Pagan and Wiccan lol.
------------------------
Gigi Deveraux
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:58 pm
Thank you for this. I have a friend who's a solitary practitioner and would like to help me, but she has trouble explaining things.
------------------------
AvalonsAngel
Posted: Thur Jul 26, 2012 12:27 pm
Awesome thread .. and it's great to see that so many voted that they were Wiccan. I figured we'd be the minority. This makes me happy!
Blessed Be all,
Story (a.k.a. - AvalonsAngel)
CheshireSmilez
Posted: Thur Jul 26, 2012 5:12 pm
You beat me to the punch, I was just coming on to create a Wiccan thread. sweatdrop
MercyWild
Posted: Thur Jul 26, 2012 10:08 pm
Not a Wiccan, but I am a Pagan, a Hedge Witch to be more precise, hopefully we have enough in common that I will be welcome here.
What plans do you have for celebrating the upcoming festival (Sabbat) Lughnasadh?
My husband and I picked up a nice bottle of mead at a farmers market last weekend. I am thinking of pairing it with a meal of fresh garden vegetables (tomato slices, cucumber, and carrots) roasted corn on the cob and a sweet beer bread with homemade strawberry jam. Possibly some fish, if my husband catches any that day.
For my ritual, I am inviting my circle sister to join me, and we will likely do a rite that is a combination of our own individual rituals from years past.
KayaTesagi
Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:57 am
I'm on hold for learning Wicca. It's hard learning online by myself
Rainbowpop26
Posted: Sun Aug 5, 2012 2:39 pm
@CheshireSmilez -
<3 Feel free to post relevant discussion topics or information...that goes for everyone... post what you have learned as well... we can all benefit from each others knowledge.
I'm sorry you guys I totally missed all of your post...lifes been odd lately...
Glad to see I'm not alone at least <3

@MercyMild-
Of course you are welcome here!
That sounds lovely. Unfortunately I am not great at ritual. I just talk to my deities every day. I didn't do anything special this year... I have to start thinking up better ways to celebrate the Sabbats... I skip them a lot... I know that's horrible
Chreiya
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:10 am
I almost became Wiccan once when I was lost, after leaving christianity... but I found it wasn't for me. It just doesn't feel right.
Rainbowpop26
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:44 am
@Chreiya - Yea, its not for everyone... but then again no one religion is right for everyone that is why their are many different ones.
If you don't mind me asking..what did you wind up choosing religion-wise? You don't have to answer me if you don't want to I'm just curious.
Chreiya
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:02 am
Well, yes... I feel that people are free to choose their own religion (or lack of one.)
As for me, I am a Spiritual Satanist. I feel as if Satan/Enki and the Daemons/Annunaki are my family, my friends... every other "religion" Ive tried just feels so inhuman, alien, and unnatural.
Rainbowpop26
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:08 am
Oh that's pretty neat. I think most Satanists are misunderstood myself...but the ones that take things too far make all of them look bad (kinda like obsessive "Christians" make Christians look bad)...the bad apple spoils the bunch kinda thing... I've been pondering doing some reading about it but I've yet to get around to it. You should make a thread if you feel comfortable enough to, afterall this is the religion subforum. Maybe you will meet other people who are interested too.
Chreiya
Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:18 am
I think we're the most misunderstood ones in the bunch, personally
"Take things too far"? Such as?
I'll see about making a thread. Was going to, anyhow.
Rainbowpop26
Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:23 am
You know...the ones that murder other human beings and such (children too)...I can't agree with those types of things at all . I think everyone has a right to what makes them happy as long as it doesn't take away the happiness or lives of others. I've heard of quite a few ritual murders supposedly...though it could just be hearsay too so I really don't know. Could have been people blaming them for stuff they didn't really do.
Chreiya
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:27 am
*facepalm*
and again
*facepalm*
Those... are not Satanists.
Never have been, never will be.
------------------------
Rainbowpop26
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:35 am
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you...of course they aren't that's why I said "Christians" in quotation marks in my previous posts...there are people who claim to be "Wiccan" also that are horrible people that make the real ones look bad...why people do stuff like that under a guise of a religion is beyond me...I just want to tell them to admit to being assholes and liking screwing with other people's lives instead of hiding behind a religion to do it...
I hope you aren't mad at me I'm really sorry... *Pulls foot from mouth*
-----------------------
Chreiya
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:43 am
Some people just have more of a tendency toward such behavior, more than others... and like to slander the name of any said religion while performing as such.
It's such a shame that people still believe the occult to be "evil" or some sort. Evil and good honestly... are just cultural concepts.
I am mad... but it's definitely not at you. A lot of people don't know any better, and it's understandable given the misinformation out there.
-----------------------
anticupid16
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:36 am
I'm glad to see such a nice and accepting thread! I myself am a solitary eclectic, and I would love to pick your brain!
----------------------
Rainbowpop26
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:11 am
Feel free
I really need to add more posts to this... I should have added reserved posts for this occasion Darn...Oh well I'll just post the page numbers of new posts of information on in the first posts! That should take care of it!
Anyone have any suggestions on what I should post next?
----------------------
anticupid16
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:23 pm
Well, I'm sure anyone who would love to learn more would love to know some books and websites to check out! I've got a few suggestions myself:
Wicca for Beginners by Thea Sabin really explains the spiritual side of Wicca, the different traditions, and arguments for the purpose of each tradition. I've given my copy to a friend who was interested, and it's in most common book stores.
Gigi Deveraux
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:43 pm
Could you explain about the Sabbats?
Rainbowpop26
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:23 pm
I'll get right on both of these things. They may take me a day or two to type up (because of the tablet) but I will post them ASAP
Gigi Deveraux
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:58 pm
Ooh, thanks! *settles in to study*
anticupid16
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:41 am
Did everyone have a good Mabon?
MercyWild
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:16 pm
We had a pleasant Mabon at my house. My house we made beer bread and a beef roast with tomato, squash, zucchini and onion from the garden along with a nice spiced red wine.
For our ritual we were able to have a great little bonfire (the first one at our new house).
Salmenella
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:00 pm
You're a Neo-Eclectic Pagan. Wicca is a initiation sex based religion. Initiates are oath bound to not discuss their rituals and the name of the Lord and Lady to those who are not in the coven. Doesn't mean that your religion is not legit, it's just the wrong name for it. I wouldn't call myself Christian while I worshiped Vishnu, just as you can't be Wiccan and not know the name of the Lord and Lady (that is only found within the coven) and are eclectic.
Anyways I follow the Roman Way. Roman Reconstructionist/ Religio Romana.
Aeariel Aerothriel
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:20 am
I am not a Wiccan, but there are things you believe that I believe ad well. Harm none is one of my own personal beliefs, I believe that things come back to you 9 fold, however, I serve Christ...in retrospect, though, if I had been a Wiccan, I guess my deities would have been Oberon and Titania. They are the ones I have the greatest fascination with...also, Odin and Freya. Thank you for allowing a Christ Follower to comment.
------------------------
Kitten Morris
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:33 pm
Oh goody, this shall be Kitten's new little home.
Kitten would just call herself a witch. She follows the Wiccan Reed as law and she practices magick, herbalism and loves to help anyone in need of healing in their life or a hug. Kitten gives free hugs.
-----------------------
follower of triple moons
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:19 pm
I'm Wiccan and I'm a single practitioner. I want to join a coven,but there are none in my area and my mother is in denial and my dad though I was a devil worshiper too. My strong points are various forms of future telling and herbs. I have yet to formally celebrate a holiday because of my mother, but I'm working on it. Any helpful hints or words of wisdom?
------------------------
Rainbowpop26
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:32 pm
@follower of triple moons
Hmm, I've never been able to join a coven because there are none close to me that I know of either.
All you can do when it comes to your parents is take a deep breath and say okay. If you can get them to accept you then that's great if not then its something you will have to live with unfortunately .
Hmm, if you would like to formally celebrate a holiday and they have no idea what dates the holidays are on do everyday things in a way that is special to you. Cook a special dish, quietly light a candle, spend time outside in nature (you could even do your rituals outside if you can find a quiet secluded place I used to go outside to do my rituals when I lived with my mother... I had a huge back yard and she never bothered me. One year I was living with a ton of people so for yule I took a candle outside and sat on the ground got a few fallen branches and surrounded the bottom of it and just talked to the Goddess in place of a "yule log". With holidays that fall fairly close to other major well known holidays celebrate them as what they are to you rather than everyone else. You can still dress up on Halloween this year... dress as something spiritually meaningful like a Fairy or your spirit animal.
<3 I hope some of the suggestions help you somehow. Get creative.
-----------------------------------
StrayKit
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:38 pm
i need to stop being busy and come in here more TT.TT

to follower of triple moons: formal celebration of a holiday are honestly how you chose to do it. true some people do rituals or specific practices for that particular holiday that mean something spacific to what it represents, but others don't. i tend to burn a candle and meditate on the change signified by it, when i have the time anyways which i'm sorry to say i didn't this past holiday as my plate was rather full for the day. if your parents are hesitant to let or acknowlege your practice as well then while you live there, do what you can and what is still comfortable to both of them. RainbowPop gave some gtreat advice too and i hope it helps you. oh, and if you can't manage to find a comen that you are comfortable with or just can't find one around you, then don't push it. being a solitary practitioner is also perfectly fine and there are a number of people who do that

to Salmenella - that's not entirely true, there a various branches that fall under paganism just as there are many that fall under christianity. you are right that some groups can be more sexual in nature, but not all of them are, and yes there are a number of covens who worship one particular god and goddess. but, they can either be a historical pair, simply refered to as the god and goddess(for which there are a number of names you can use), or simply refer to them as The Ancient Ones. wicca is one of many pranches falling under the umprella of paganism so yes, a person can be wiccan but not be initiated into a coven and follow the rules set within it. many discuss and share remadies, spells, and helpful tips with friends who are also practitioners if they are comfortable with it. as i already said, there are a large number of solitary practitioners yet they don't belong to a coven but are still wiccan themselves. just as a person can be a christian and yet not attend church. there is not only one set way to call yourself a wiccan, just as there's no one set way to call yourself any other religious affiliate. if i have misunderstood what you meant than i apologize but i wanted to try and explain this the best i could
---------------------------------
calidreamer11
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:45 pm
Hello every one I'm a wiccan i do not belong to a coven and i rarely practice but i do follow the reed i do agree that if just because your not in a coven means you dont belive is like saying a cathlioc who dosent go to church dosent belive in god you dont need a group to belive in what your heart belives to be right.

blessed be
--------------------------------
iSicily
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:15 pm
Hi, I've been trying to study wicca for around 8 years now, thanks to my late Aunt. Wicca is one religion where I can cope and figure out how to cool down and maybe help resolve my conflicts without a huge mess (and with permission of course.)
I have Ellen Dugan's "Elements of Magick" and another book from my mother. I have't gotten any chances and I'm too moody for using magick, in whcih if I used htem it will turn out sloppy and as said: a mess.
I was scared about talking about Wicca, especially on the internet since there are VERY close-midned people (and nobody can change them) but when I found htis, I felt a bit more releived. I remember when I was young and very open, but then I grew sort of pessimistic and close-minded until my Aunt introduced me to Wicca. In a form, Wicca helped me become a tiny bit wiser and more open minded.
At this moment, I am 18 and ah alf now, born on the Beltane, May 1 (I beleive that is the ending of the Beltane feast.) I am a very solitary witch as most of us are, I do enjoy being around nature. No, i am not part of any Coven and I may consider joining one much later when I have grown more.
I am wondering, are there any garden witches here? I'd like some advice since I want to start a garden dedicated to my Aunt after I graduate and finish college or Technical school.

- Blessed be.
----------------------------------
Gigi Deveraux
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:25 pm
Beltane baby? Hee! I was born on Ostara!
----------------------------------
Gigi Deveraux
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:32 pm
Coming over from someone's journal thread to post it here.
Wicca =/= Devil worship. It's simply not Christianity, period. For that matter, you might as well be narrow-minded enough to say Hinduism, Jainism, Shinto, ancestor worship, and a whole slew of other beliefs are Devil worship.
Interestingly enough, the Catholic Church contradicts itself. On the one hand, the Pope (I privately call him Benny the Gestapo, or Nazinger) says popular cults are a path to the true Church, while Catholic doctrine says such cults (especially of La Santa Muerte, basically Holy Death) are idolatry...
It's "idolatry"? Oh, like those plaster saints in their niches aren't? Oh, no, wait, they've been vetted by the Inquisition!
Ugh...
On Thurdsay, come hell or high water (or most likely both, if hurricane/nor'easter Sandy hits us), I will make an altar in the Mexican tradition for the Day of the Dead, November 2nd. I will make an offering to the soul of my dear Grandma, and hopefully she'll leave me some sign of WTF it is I need to do to get my life back on track.
I was going to keep it hidden from my parents, they're hardliner Catholics who think just about everything is of the Devil, but you know what? ******** THEM. I'd like to see my mother take down the picture of my father's Mamita, just to see what he says about it.
-------------------------------
TheAnneh
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:37 pm
Oooh, I'm happy this thread is here. Hi everyone, I'm an atheist wiccan. I'm getting back into my practice now after a long time. I miss it quite a bit.
I lost like half my altar in my move, though, so I have to find some things to complete it. ;-;
-------------------------------
Gigi Deveraux
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:33 pm
Would using an LED battery-powered "candle" constitute cheating?
------------------------------
StrayKit
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:04 am
well the LED candle would take away the addition of the element fire but aside from that i don't think it's really a big deal...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:39 pm
-Whimsical Stardust-

I'm so Glad to see this thread here ♥ I'm not a Wiccan, I'm an Eclectic Pagan, but many of my beliefs concur with Wiccans ♥ heheh.

Thank you for all the information you posted, I'm sure it'll be helpful for those who want to know more.  

Fauho

Blessed Vampire

II Lioness II

Malevolent Firestarter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:07 am
★★☆

Thank you for the information provided here. I've been interested in the Pagan/Wiccan path for a while, but have only just recently begun the tedious research process. It can be very confusing for a newbie to grasp some of the basic concepts that seasoned practitioners take for granted. I appreciate the resources you've provided here.

"Live each day as if you're
the protagonist of the Earth."

32. ✿ - - - Religious Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas