Submit

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:42 am
now since i keep on posting about it im sure you guys all know im a waitress. well ive decided to make a thread about the weird stuff ive been given as tips, or not given, idk. its just an off topic thread about tipping and silly work related stories, feel free to add to it

i had a woman give me $5 in change once

i also had a woman give me a quarter but im taking it as a compliment since she never tips whenever she comes in

and so far the strangest thing ive been given... a tampon coupon. the people werent very happy that their meal took more than 10 minutes while we had a freaking huge party of 50 plus people that took up most of the resteraunt so instead of leaving me money that i can use they left me a coupon... for tampons...

im also very amazed at the amount of people who ask me what the difference is between the 1/2lbs cheeseburger and the 1/4lbs cheeseburger is.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:26 am
confused

Perhaps the coupon was them trying to be rude. And the $5 person...I dunno maybe they really liked ur service but only had change lol. Or they had lots of change they wanted to get rid of.

Clients at the clinic are pretty retarded sometimes lol.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:36 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
confused

Perhaps the coupon was them trying to be rude. And the $5 person...I dunno maybe they really liked ur service but only had change lol. Or they had lots of change they wanted to get rid of.

Clients at the clinic are pretty retarded sometimes lol.

i assume it was them just trying to be rude, which was one of the reasons it pissed me off so much at the time. but oh well.

i had one table last night that was very rude to me the entire time they were there. im sure they will call and complain about me. they asked if we had this one type of drink and since i didnt know since we only just got our beer in a couple weeks ago i went to the back and checked. i told them we did not have it then the wife bitched saying it was on the menu so we had to have it have it. i told her agian that we didnt. then they ordered a pizza with banana peppers and i told them we might be out since the truck hadnt come in yet and she told me that since it was on the menu that we had it rolleyes thats pretty much what they were like the entire time they were there.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:10 pm
I used to work at a craft store, mostly on the fabric table. I LOVED working there, but I had a few people that left me scratching my head.

A woman came in and wanted 'enough fabric to make a table-cloth.'

How large was her table? "Table sized." lol

Another girl wanted to make a three-tiered tulle skirt, where the bottom layer was 18 inches, the middle was 15 and the shortest was 12. The tulle we sold was 18 inches wide.

She told me she wanted a yard. lol I made eye contact with her boyfriend, begging for help after telling her that wouldn't be enough and he mouthed, "No way."

She bought a yard and left.  

Latrans

Devoted Inquisitor

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 pm
Welz...I had a client call my clinic and ask if it was okay for her dog to make love with it's girlfriend (a teddy bear) this soon after surgery.

But what I hate most is people who come in, don't want to pay a PENNY, but want to know what's wrong with their pet, and for us to fix it. eek No, I'm not psychic, your dog needs xrays, and then, the drugs that will likely be needed to save his life WILL cost money. And then they try to bargain with us. burning_eyes
Like, when I go buy my groceries, I don't bargain the price of a loaf of bread with the cashier!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:57 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Like, when I go buy my groceries, I don't bargain the price of a loaf of bread with the cashier!

There are people that will argue the price of stuff (mostly produce, dairy and meat). Generally because they can't read (pound versus each) or connect the dots (the milk dated two days away is a couple dollars off; the jug you dug out for a date two weeks away is regular price - 'but the other one is that much less' - yeah, we just want to try and sell as much of it as we can, which means we mark down closer-dated product to make it more appealing)  

~ Aki - Fairy ~

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:21 pm
Latrans
I used to work at a craft store, mostly on the fabric table. I LOVED working there, but I had a few people that left me scratching my head.

A woman came in and wanted 'enough fabric to make a table-cloth.'

How large was her table? "Table sized." lol

Another girl wanted to make a three-tiered tulle skirt, where the bottom layer was 18 inches, the middle was 15 and the shortest was 12. The tulle we sold was 18 inches wide.

She told me she wanted a yard. lol I made eye contact with her boyfriend, begging for help after telling her that wouldn't be enough and he mouthed, "No way."

She bought a yard and left.

im constantly having people asking me how many slices come in a 16in pizza because they are really hungry and want to know how much pizza they will be getting in the 16in pizza. i have to sit there and explain to at least 3 people a night that it doenst matter how many slices we put in the pizza, that a 16in will still be a 16in pizza

i always get wierd looks when i go in the fabric store and buy pretty things of fleece and when the cutting person asks what im making i just tell them i plan on giving to my rats. but i have run into a couple rat and ferret people who worked there who understood  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:42 pm
Shanna66
im constantly having people asking me how many slices come in a 16in pizza because they are really hungry and want to know how much pizza they will be getting in the 16in pizza. i have to sit there and explain to at least 3 people a night that it doenst matter how many slices we put in the pizza, that a 16in will still be a 16in pizza

People don't grasp sizing concepts; they just know they want this many slices now, and this many for leftovers. Unless the pizza slicer is horribly random about it (pizza a's slices are 3inches of crust, pizza b's are 1inch of crust, pizza c's are 5inches of crust), there's probably a standard/average size for the slices, and thus a standard/average for how many slices you'd get with a specific size of pizza.  

~ Aki - Fairy ~

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:54 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

My weirdest story actually got published on Not Always Right! lol

Here it is!

Basically, the woman was just really weird. First, she was shocked that she couldn't just keep her wild-caught lizard in a tank in her garage without providing any lights. She said, "Oh... So you mean, I can't just keep it out there in the dark?" No...

And then she asked a bunch of weird questions, including if she could just feed it dog food. Well, you can read it on there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:50 am
Celestial Fireflies
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

Here it is!

Basically, the woman was just really weird. First, she was shocked that she couldn't just keep her wild-caught lizard in a tank in her garage without providing any lights. She said, "Oh... So you mean, I can't just keep it out there in the dark?" No...

And then she asked a bunch of weird questions, including if she could just feed it dog food. Well, you can read it on there.

lol she wanted you to give her a set dsate to set it free? im just speechless  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:11 pm
Shanna66
Celestial Fireflies
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

Here it is!

lol she wanted you to give her a set dsate to set it free? im just speechless

Yes! And she wanted to know when it's "expiration date" would be. ??!! I was almost scared it was some sort of corporate secret shopper type person because who does that.  
Off- Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games