Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Really angry what happened at work this weekend.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dylanseke

Devoted Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:18 am
On Fridays I work one-to-one with a special needs student. I work 11-1 with him. Now I have been asked to change my hours to 1-3. OK sounds simple. BUT the reason I've been asked to change my hours is because a colleague on Friday just walked out and went home, and sent an email to our boss saying he won't work with me. SO instead of him changing his hours, I've been told to change mine - even though it means the lad I work with changing his hours too so I work with him 1-3 instead of 11-1 and routine is really important to the lad, change is very difficult for him. I would have quit but I know this boy needs me as his support worker it would unsettle him to have someone new. So I am really angry and hurt and confused about what to do right now. I just wish the world would leave me alone to be myself. What harm am I doing anyone else by having a same-sex partner??? But they're doing harm by their response to it. First I was angry now I'm hurt. And I wish it was true guys don't cry. So, venting here.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:18 pm
Dylanuke
What harm am I doing anyone else by having a same-sex partner???

If I can get a legit answer to this, I'd give that person 100 bucks. >_<

There is no harm. None.

Can you email your boss and explain the needs of your student and see if this other person can change their hours?

Are they not wanting to work with you because you're gay?

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Dylanseke

Devoted Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:22 pm
Lady Kayura

Yes, it's because I'm gay. I have tried to explain about the special needs of my student but so far no, we have to change our hours to suit the guy who walked out and went home! I just think its so unfair.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:38 pm
you do know you can sue? cause where i'm from thats a hate crime 3nodding  

shadow_hellchild9756

Unforgiving Lunatic

5,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Raleigh_Ronin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:53 pm
shadow_the_hedghog9756
you do know you can sue? cause where i'm from thats a hate crime 3nodding
Its not a hate crime. Its a d**k move but its no where near a hate crime according to us law.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:33 pm
He lives in the U.K....Don't you? And, sorry to hear that....  

Rainbow Neko Fairy

Clean Smoker

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:56 pm
If I were your boss, I'd give that guy a piece of my mind. "So, you want me to change his hours because he's gay and you don't want to work with gay people. That's BS. You're fired." Your boss sounds like he's just trying to negotiate with this guy to shut him up. And I thought I was a push-over. I've been told I'm a pretty loving person, but injustice is and always has been a berserk button for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:19 pm
I know this was posted last month but if it's one to one and you two work with the kid at different times then what's the problem? why do you need to change what time you work with the kid?

Or am I completely wrong?
Forgive my ignorance on the subject I'm just not sure how this works.  

Lovely Morningstar

Dylanseke

Devoted Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:31 pm
Lovely Morningstar

Hi
i work with the special needs boy one-on-one but the other guy is there working at the same time in the same space on different stuff. Well, at least he did til he walked out..

Dylan  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:04 am
Dylanseke
Lovely Morningstar

Hi
i work with the special needs boy one-on-one but the other guy is there working at the same time in the same space on different stuff. Well, at least he did til he walked out..

Dylan

Ah okay thanks for clearing that up 8D  

Lovely Morningstar

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas