Cookies!!
  I cannot wait!
  I don't bake but I eats!
  Bah humbug.
View Results

DyraBlack

Misleading Mystic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:54 pm
It's that time of year again and I was wondering if there were any other ladies out there putting together their baking lists for the holidays. whee

Normally I make chocolate covered peanutbutter balls and shortbread cookies. This year I'm thinking of adding the following:

White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Maple Fudge
Lemon Squares

Any favourites to suggest? What's going on your list?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:38 am
heart heart Shortbread cookies are so good. I always buy em whenever they are on sale during the holidays. Idk how to make em but i really wanna learn so i can have em all year round :3

Im a picky eater so I dont eat many things but I do like trying stuff.

I brought some gingerbread stuff and cooked it but it was too spicy. So the brand i got is lame. :/

Ima bake sugar cookies and maybe either brownies or cupcakes. Mom probably make me help with other things like making rolls and stuff or frosting her cakes.  

KayaTesagi

DyraBlack

Misleading Mystic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:26 pm
KayaTesagi
heart heart Shortbread cookies are so good. I always buy em whenever they are on sale during the holidays. Idk how to make em but i really wanna learn so i can have em all year round :3

The trick to shortbread cookies is chilling the dough before baking. Plus make sure your oven doesn't get too hot if you're making multiple batches as shortbread likes to burn.

Take the cookies out before you think they are done (they shouldn't be browned like chocolate chip cookies). Makes for lovely butteriness. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:51 pm
Baking!
emotion_dowant

I'll be baking my famous (amongst family and friends) carrot cake, apple tarts with creme fraiche, Russian wedding cookies, and wing-shaped shortbread cookies (I got this neat cookie cutter that makes cookies you can place on the rim of a mug/cup).
If I have time and ingredients, I may bake myself a cake for my birthday.

User Image

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

IzarArgi

Sparkly Gem

11,475 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Friendly Flashback 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:09 pm
I am going to be baking gingerbread, white chocolate chip, and peanut butter cookies. I am thinking about also making some mint chocolate fudge. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:15 pm
Hmm I like making cakes. I love a old fashion German cake any day so wonderful! Also hopefully peanut butter cookies.  

Mei Xiaojie

Hopeful Bookworm

KayaTesagi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:19 pm
DyraBlack
KayaTesagi

The trick to shortbread cookies is chilling the dough before baking. Plus make sure your oven doesn't get too hot if you're making multiple batches as shortbread likes to burn.

Take the cookies out before you think they are done (they shouldn't be browned like chocolate chip cookies). Makes for lovely butteriness. 3nodding

so is it normal cookie dough or do i gotta find shortbreak cookie dough?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:28 pm
v i n d e m i a m

Where did you get that cookie cutter?? It's fantastic!  

DyraBlack

Misleading Mystic

DyraBlack

Misleading Mystic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:32 pm
KayaTesagi

I use the Joy of Baking recipe and have had great success.
Shortbread Cookies:

2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon (2 grams) salt

1 cup (2 sticks) (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature

1/2 cup (60 grams) powdered (confectioners or icing) sugar

1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract

Instructions:
In a separate bowl whisk the flour with the salt. Set aside.

In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and beat until smooth (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract. Gently stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated. Flatten the dough into a disk shape, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill the dough for at least an hour or until firm.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) with the rack in the middle of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough into a 1/4 inch (.6 cm) thick circle. Cut into rounds or other shapes using a lightly floured cookie cutter. Place on the prepared baking sheets and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. (This will firm up the dough so the cookies will maintain their shape when baked.) Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, or until cookies are very lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:51 pm
I usually help my mother make candies and stuff (we give it out to friends/family for Christmas) and maybe bake a cake or some cookies.

I'm thinking about making cranberry-orange cookies and a carrot cake this year but I'm not sure yet. My sister wants either a Boston cream pie or a black forest cake so I'll probably be making that as well.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

KayaTesagi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:06 pm
DyraBlack
KayaTesagi

I use the Joy of Baking recipe and have had great success.
Shortbread Cookies:

2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon (2 grams) salt

1 cup (2 sticks) (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature

1/2 cup (60 grams) powdered (confectioners or icing) sugar

1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract

Instructions:
In a separate bowl whisk the flour with the salt. Set aside.

In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and beat until smooth (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract. Gently stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated. Flatten the dough into a disk shape, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill the dough for at least an hour or until firm.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) with the rack in the middle of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough into a 1/4 inch (.6 cm) thick circle. Cut into rounds or other shapes using a lightly floured cookie cutter. Place on the prepared baking sheets and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. (This will firm up the dough so the cookies will maintain their shape when baked.) Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, or until cookies are very lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.

biggrin Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:11 pm
For Christmas I will be making homemade Chocolate chip cookies & homemade sugar cookies. I will also be making some homemade peppermint cocoa  

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items