Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

you look pretty today! c:
  here's some gold.
View Results

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:46 pm

basically, i've outgrown the bed i have now, and i want to repaint the walls in my room. and well, my mom is having none of me wanting to change my room a bit.

and the main problem here is that she basically put together this room that is totally blue, flowery, and has a creepy bunny pattern everywhere. to be honest, it looks like a room she designed for herself but blue. i've had it since we moved into this house, and i've never liked it. (she made it all blue because i liked the color blue, but i never liked the room- too much blue, too light of a blue, etc).

i've mentioned a bunch of times that the bed i have is too small, and i don't like the room i have, but it's always been "i had the same type of bed until college, you can last," "it's a classic pattern," etc. etc. etc.

(the problem with the bed thing is that it was probably made for people 5'6'' and under- she's 5'6'' and i am around 5'8''- i pull out all the blankets and sheets that were tucked in with my feet, and it's narrow enough that i fall off.

and the problem with the classic pattern argument is that well.. it's a weak argument in the first place. it's a creepy bunny pattern, and i would love nothing more than to rip it off and change it to some stripes.)

the thing is that i'm fully prepared to get a job and to pay for all of the altering myself, but she's having none of it. and every time i do bring it up, she gets pissy and comes up with a really bad excuse as to why i can't.

so, can i have some advice here on how to deal with this and maybe come up with a compromise?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:17 pm
Your prepared to get a job, so prove to her that you are willing to by first getting a job and saving the money first, then show her that and use it to prove that your serious about it. Sorry its not the greatest option i have to offer.  

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:24 pm
Starphyr
Your prepared to get a job, so prove to her that you are willing to by first getting a job and saving the money first, then show her that and use it to prove that your serious about it. Sorry its not the greatest option i have to offer.

well, i have to wait until the summer to get one- there's no way i would be able to balance school and work. :'D
      and tbh, it's actually some pretty good advice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:28 pm
loonaboots
Starphyr

well, i have to wait until the summer to get one- there's no way i would be able to balance school and work. :'D

Glad i could help. Actually the fact you have a room and bed of your own is more than i had growing up.  

Starphyr

Timid Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:07 pm
Starphyr
loonaboots
Starphyr

Glad i could help. Actually the fact you have a room and bed of your own is more than i had growing up.

c:
really? D:  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 pm
loonaboots
(it's a creepy bunny pattern, and i would love nothing more than to rip it off and change it to some stripes.)

I lol'd. Fo real.

Anywhoo, I completely get where Starphyr is coming from. It is always best to stay humble and count your blessings as most of us don't think of the people that are worse off.

BUT, I am also completely with you on this front. I'm at the stage where I want a car, I want my own money, and I want out of this place into college! It seems like you've been dealing with this discomfort for awhile. If you are old enough and responsible enough to work and earn the money, your mother should be willing to let you splat paint all over those walls! change it to suit you better. Drive home the facts that getting a job is great (shows responsibility/maturity), you've grown up and like not having cold feet (lol), and you just have different tastes in decor. I can also see the value in making the room yours, I mean it's your room! The ultimate place to express yourself when everywhere else just doesn't do it. Luck to you girly~

The Maharani

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:11 pm
The Maharani
loonaboots
(it's a creepy bunny pattern, and i would love nothing more than to rip it off and change it to some stripes.)

I lol'd. Fo real.

Anywhoo, I completely get where Starphyr is coming from. It is always best to stay humble and count your blessings as most of us don't think of the people that are worse off.

BUT, I am also completely with you on this front. I'm at the stage where I want a car, I want my own money, and I want out of this place into college! It seems like you've been dealing with this discomfort for awhile. If you are old enough and responsible enough to work and earn the money, your mother should be willing to let you splat paint all over those walls! change it to suit you better. Drive home the facts that getting a job is great (shows responsibility/maturity), you've grown up and like not having cold feet (lol), and you just have different tastes in decor. I can also see the value in making the room yours, I mean it's your room! The ultimate place to express yourself when everywhere else just doesn't do it. Luck to you girly~

haha, glad i could make you smile!

and gotcha. the only problem with that is that she still sees me as a little kid in a lot of ways, so that'll be a bit of a challenge. totally worth it if it works, though.

and thank you! i have a feeling i'm going to need the luck. c:

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff