Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings
le miakitty's journal ❤ comments welcome!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel about Partners being cancelled?
  I'm with you, I am PISSED.
  I didn't like it, so I don't care.
  Good, that show SUCKED.
  I don't know what show you're talking about.
View Results

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:29 pm
User Image

ℓε ɱιαкιϯϯуѕ ʝσυʀηαℓ

User Image

spaceSo, I'm MiaKitty, and this is my journal. I'm going to try and write in here at least once a week, but I suck at keeping journals, so no promises. You are all free to read and discuss things with me or with others, although I ask that you not start any long, drawn out conversations here since this is my thread. I'm probably going to post a lot of rants about my shows and games and things, and for the record, this is a ѕρσιℓεʀ αℓεʀϯ because trust me, there will be spoilers. I'll try to preface any spoiler-tastic posts with that header, only bigger, so that you're warned, but I make no promises. I might forget. And it's too much of a hassle to white out spoiler text when, let's face it, if I'm ranting about the latest episode of The Walking Dead, chances are that MOST of the post will be in white if I do that. Which is pointless. So I won't. BUT! Be wary of my polls because they might include spoilers by way of asking your opinion on things.

spaceSO! About me! Um... Ya know what, I'm just gonna rip the text off my profile and post it here. Ayup.

spaceThis is my second Gaia account, my original account, ScottieBears MiaKitty, was created in spring of 07, and I stopped logging in around Halloween last year. But, I've missed my online home away from home terribly since then, and have now returned. Why the new account, you might ask? Well, because, I felt like having a new beginning. I've disappeared before, and in my experience, once you vanish, all your friends pretty much forget you anyway. So, new account. And new shops! One of which is up, the art shop, link for that is below! I did the art over to the left there, so that's what my work looks like.

spaceThe Scottie in 'ScottieBears MiaKitty' is still in the picture, of course. I just kinda get sick of having to tell people to call me Mia, not Scottie. So, new account, without Scottie in the name. You can call me Mia, of course. Or Cara, if you like. I mean, Mia is my usual name, but Cara is at least a girls name. Anyway, on topic, Scottie. He's the love of my life, of course. We've been together since January 2, 2007. So, actually, I've bee with him longer than I've been on Gaia. Which surprises me, I thought I'd been on Gaia longer. But, yeah, over 5 years. And they've been great! Mostly, I mean, a couple of bad things have happened, but overall, we've been doing rather well. We're not technically married yet, but we will be soon. And I'm so excited.

spaceRight now, I'm in school, currently attending college for my Associates degree, after that I'm going to be going to a trade school to get certified as a Wedding Planner. Those women and men on shows like Bridezillas, who are constantly having to deal with the crazy bitches getting married? The ones getting paid to do it? That's gonna be me. Because I've discovered, through years of dealing with certain people, that I'm actually insanely good at dealing with crazy bitches.

spaceMy favorite color is purple, and I love animals. Particularly cats. Most particularly BLACK cats. Because they're awesome. I actually have a black cat, named Blade. And, we also just got a puppy, a black Chiweenie, who I named Shenzie. She's the most precious little puppy ever, of course. Because she's mine. And my family has 5 other cats, Pheoby, Crush, Cracker, C2 and Miss Vee. I love all my babies.

spaceSo! Topics of conversation here will likely be about my boyfriend, friends, family, that normal stuff. Also, my favorite shows, books, comics, games, YouTube shows/people, and those sorts of things. Ayup.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:51 pm
ℓε ɱιαкιϯϯу ѕҏεαкѕ

User Image

spaceOkay, so I. Am. PISSED.

spaceI was looking through my DVR, looking for my shows to see what recorded tonight. Scottie was playing Skyrim when they actually came on, so that I could watch later without the commercials. Anyway, I go to my DVR and notice that my new favorite show, Partners, did not record. It didn't last week, either, and last week, I checked the schedule because I wanted to know if it would be coming on tonight. Last week, it was. But, unfortunately, it wasn't there. So, I thought, well, I guess it didn't record for some reason. And I was upset. But then, Scottie says 'Check and see if it got cancelled.' So I check.

spaceIt did.

spaceThose damn SONS OF BITCHES cancelled my FRAKKING SHOW! I am... I am so bloody furious! Seriously! I mean, come ON! Two and a Half Men (which is what they aired in its place, incidentally) stays on the air despite completely SUCKING since the thing with Charlie Sheen went down and they replaced him with Ashton Kutcher, but a totally AWESOME new show got cancelled?! Why? WHY?!

spaceI did a bit of research. And it only made it worse. Apparently, the show was nominated for a people's choice award. And yet those bastards CANCELLED IT. I... I am so bloody pissed off. I mean... GR.

spaceA fair bit of the information I read also said that they would probably not be releasing the unaired episodes... They better release those. I want to watch them! Dammit!

User Image

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:02 pm
ℓε ɱιαкιϯϯу ѕҏεαкѕ

User Image

spaceSo, Christmas is a really big deal in my family. Every year, the day after Thanksgiving, we would make a day out of putting up all the decorations, listening to Christmas music, watching movies. And then, from then until Christmas, we would do our shopping together and buy new decorations, watch more movies, listen to more music, and just generally enjoy the season. My brother was a little bit of a Scrooge, but it was part of the charm. My mom and I would tease him about being so Bah Humbuggy, and he'd get even more surly, and we all knew that it was just a joke, and that really, he loved this time of year as much as we did. And... and this year, it's just not the same.

spaceLast year, on December 18, my grandmother, my Mami, went into surgery. We didn't make plans for any complications, because it was supposed to go fine. She was supposed to be home for Christmas. The surgery went fine, the next day of recovery was fine, and then she had a heart attack, and she wasn't fine anymore. She was in a coma for days, and then, Christmas morning, she woke up. And she was fine, she was just acting like her usual self. But, the next day, she had another heart attack.

spaceShe died on the 28th.

spaceAnd now... this year is just... we're making the motions, but nobody really seems to feel it the same way. I mean, I have a fair bit of cheer, and I'm trying really hard to keep it up. This is the first year that my mom's had a job in a while, and my fiancee and I have a bit of money, so it was the first time that we were able to really go all out. My mom's lights were all old and outdated, and our decorations were getting boring. Scottie and I went and bought lights in secret, and put them up while she was at work, so she'd see them when she got home. We've been buying gifts without having to worry about the bills, or without worrying about whether we could afford to spend money on the presents. It seems really superficial, but getting the gifts isn't the part that we like, it's giving them, and it's not about what other people think of our lights, it's about us getting home from work and having that little reminder that Tis the season. It's about doing the things that make us feel Christmas Cheer, and spreading it, within the family. And... and nothing's really working. I mean, she was happy when she saw the lights, but where normally she'd have rushed in and given us all big hugs and told us how wonderful we were, she just smiled and said thank you, that it was really sweet. And where normally, seeing our gifts under the tree would make us all excited, and set us to wondering and guessing what we were getting, when we saw them there, we just smiled.

spaceIt scares me. Because no matter how many years go by, Christmas is always going to be the last time my mom heard her mother's voice. It'll always be three days before the anniversary of her death. And no matter what, she'll never be here for Christmas. She'll never buy us another gift, never come over just to see out lights. And I'm scared that no matter how much time the wound has to heal, it'll always sting so hard that it juts sucks all the Cheer out of us.

spaceI wish that it could be Christmas again, like it used to be.

User Image

12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff