Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How should I go about this?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:07 pm
I am "friends" with an apparent homophobic girl. (she has said truly mean things to many LGBT friends of mine). I am pretty open about my orientation. If someone asks I'm truthful and I am not one to blatantly out of the blue announce that im Bi. Recently she made a homophobic comment in front of my. Regrettably, at the time I didnt take notice of it.

Basically, I want the opportunity to say a few things to her about this, and make her understand that im Bi.

However, I need the opportunity to come up to tell her who I truly am. And her to say something mean back. How should I casually let her know?

I have considered wearing a pride bracelet or something of the nature, however that would take some time to either buy/make and I want to end this conflict now.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 pm
Simple lah, tell her who you are. If she denies you, she is not a true friend.  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:33 am
if i was in your shoes i would just come out and ask her to stop ssaying homophobic things if she wants to stay your friend. im not one to randomly come out either but sometimes it needs to be done to shut someone up  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:50 pm
Yes, but I have to wait for her to say something homophobic to MY face, not one of my buddies sad
Shanna66
if i was in your shoes i would just come out and ask her to stop ssaying homophobic things if she wants to stay your friend. im not one to randomly come out either but sometimes it needs to be done to shut someone up

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:52 pm
Oh, i cant say I consider her a true friend. Everytime I look at her I just see a big homophobic b**ch. Im just waiting for the opportunity to "educate" her on her hurtful words
xXHazukashiiXx
Simple lah, tell her who you are. If she denies you, she is not a true friend.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:47 pm
Xx_LunaJade_xX
Yes, but I have to wait for her to say something homophobic to MY face, not one of my buddies sad

"Hey, I heard you said to one of my friends. I was wondering if you could stop..." is a good way to bring it up. Might want to tweak a word or two but still.
Great way for not having to randomly come out, only really having to do so if she asks why you care so much. Even then you could say that she just hurt your friend's feelings and that's what a true friend would do.

or

"Oh, that girl be smoooookinnn'," could be another comment you could say where it possibly could lead to a harsh comment to your face and you coming out to her. But I'd prefer the first. I'd rather not get harsh talk thrown in my face : /

iiParadoxical

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:03 pm
haha thx, yea ill try a rendition of the latter! xD. or something of the sort. I am truly just waiting for her to say something to my face so I can b***h and let her know that its not ok. quote="iiParadoxical"]
Xx_LunaJade_xX

"Hey, I heard you said to one of my friends. I was wondering if you could stop..." is a good way to bring it up. Might want to tweak a word or two but still.
Great way for not having to randomly come out, only really having to do so if she asks why you care so much. Even then you could say that she just hurt your friend's feelings and that's what a true friend would do.

or

"Oh, that girl be smoooookinnn'," could be another comment you could say where it possibly could lead to a harsh comment to your face and you coming out to her. But I'd prefer the latter. I'd rather not get harsh talk thrown in my face : /

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games