Reply 22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise
Ways to deal with your period?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madame Hummingbird

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:10 pm
Hi. I would like to know more about the wonderful thing Mother Earth gives to us.

Do you have problems? (cramps, headache, etc.)
If Yes,
What? What do you do to help ease the pain?

How long does your period last?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:28 pm
User Image

I'm in a weird situation. If I don't take birth control, I don't get my period yet I get all the symptoms of having one. The big one is that I would have unbearable cramps that make me curl into a ball and can't move until they pass. When I'm on my meds, it's bearable.

The problem is, I can't use the fact I've got my period as to why I'm acting the way I am with my parents. They get all upset because I'm acting up when I got my period. I try to remind them I have my period and they say that it's no excuse. Figures.....

Post style by PhallenPixie

Rubai Sora

Heart Hunter

53,825 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50

September Equinox

Anxious Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:29 pm
My problem: Frigging. Cramps. And. Back pain. >>

They hurt. A lot. So I take a 400 mg Motrin, and curl up on my couch with blankets, a pillow, music, and a hot water bottle. Helps me fall asleep so I can sleep the pain off .-.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:49 am
Magical Origami

I've been getting mine irregularly for the last 6 years.

When I first started getting it, I had no signs or side effects, but I
guess as time has gone by, the cramps have gotten increasingly
worse as well as my hunger and mood swings.

A simple pain tablet seems to work with my cramps, but as for the
hunger and moods, I guess nothing could possibly control that.
Although eating usually decreases my bad moods.

:Awesome:

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:02 am
I noticed on that time of the month, I get excessively tired. I feel that I need sleep and lots of it - it's also harder for me to get up. This is probably do to the lack of iron so I need to keep up with multi-vitamins and make sure I take 'em.

Other times, I get high blood pressure on my period and I don't know why. I think it could be the iron problem, too. It's only happened a couple times, though. My face will be bright red and when I stand up, I'll be incredibly dizzy, light headed, and feel like I'm gonna pass out.

When it comes to cramps, I can normally just take ibuprofen and I'm fine. Also, drinking plenty of water seems to help. Once in a while, I'll get out the heating pad and use it for about 3 minutes so it helps loosen up everything. I've heard people say that cranberry juice can help, but I'm not sure if that one works or not.

I often get headache, too, accompanied with a raise in temperature. I let ibuprofen help with that one, but the ibuprofen doesn't last that long so I drink plenty of water and try to nap for a little while and that can help.

When it comes to diarrhea, which I get plenty of during that time - I make sure to have some Pepto Bismol handy and it helps.

Oddly enough, the symptoms like these on my period hit me a lot harder as I got older. When I was younger, I rarely got cramps and when I did, they were minor ones I could ignore and keep going with whatever I was doing. I used to be able to suck it up and get stuff done. Now a days, there are some days, I just don't feel like leaving the house on my period because I feel quite nasty.

My period sometimes last 3 days, other times it lasts 5 days, and at times it's 7 days. It's not always constant. Once in a while, it'll be 3 days. Most times, it's 5-7 days.  
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games