Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
An Appeal for My City's Homeless

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Karo Kiba

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:21 pm
My city refuses to acknowledge that there are homeless people within the city and the county. Some county officials know that there are homeless people, and they have tried to shut down/drive out the homeless shelters, claiming them to be an eyesore. Homeless people are regularly harassed by business owners because they often have to beg for money in shopping centers.

Our cities' faithful should be up in arms about this! We should be shouting, chanting, praying, acting these city and county officials are jericho and that they should be conquered with God's love. God's love is for the people on the margins. He loves the homeless, the prostitutes, the drug addicts, the homosexuals, the downtrodden. Yet, when my city is committing such a travesty against Gods' people, the faithful remain silent. Churches in my city have volunteered to take turns housing the homeless during the winter, but that doesn't present a permanent solution to the problem. Many people are still ignorant about the fact that we have homeless people in our town.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:38 pm
Karo Kiba
My city refuses to acknowledge that there are homeless people within the city and the county. Some county officials know that there are homeless people, and they have tried to shut down/drive out the homeless shelters, claiming them to be an eyesore. Homeless people are regularly harassed by business owners because they often have to beg for money in shopping centers.

Our cities' faithful should be up in arms about this! We should be shouting, chanting, praying, acting these city and county officials are jericho and that they should be conquered with God's love. God's love is for the people on the margins. He loves the homeless, the prostitutes, the drug addicts, the homosexuals, the downtrodden. Yet, when my city is committing such a travesty against Gods' people, the faithful remain silent. Churches in my city have volunteered to take turns housing the homeless during the winter, but that doesn't present a permanent solution to the problem. Many people are still ignorant about the fact that we have homeless people in our town.

God will take care of them.  

CheyenneServant

Reunited Spirits

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:07 am
I always wanted to help the homeless ive always wanted to gather them up take them to my house let them take a shower them let them eat, let them rest then then I would take them to a store and let then shop for new clothes then I would help them with their education but im only 13 sad  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:43 pm
Reunited Spirits
I always wanted to help the homeless ive always wanted to gather them up take them to my house let them take a shower them let them eat, let them rest then then I would take them to a store and let then shop for new clothes then I would help them with their education but im only 13 sad

You'd be very surprised how little faith and little charity can go a LONG way.

Mark 12:41-44. 41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. 42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. 43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: 44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

What I learned to do is to buy the person a drink/food from a store of their choice/random, that way if they are an addict you won't be adding to their addiction(Whatever it may be). The thought and act itself it beautiful in itself. You'd move mountains. ;D  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Rytram

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:23 pm
Will be praying. Keep us posted.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:35 am
Did you know that in some cities in the US it is againest the law to be homeless?

Its so sad they way the homeless are treated and how people jump to conclusions about why they are homeless.  

angelic snow angel

Angelic Warrior

kdke

Anxious Noob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:39 am
I live right outside Seattle's University District where hundreds of teens are homeless. In Seattle, we have Tent City, where you can sometimes see even more homeless all gathered together. For some of those homeless in Tent City, that's the life they like.

But despite that last point, people are becoming less empathetic towards homeless, and now, even poor people in general. People want to complain more about how their money is being taken by the government to feed "lazy" people (which is a completely prejudiced accusation), when it really shouldn't be about that. What it should be about is charity. Whether a homeless/poor person is taking advantage of the system or not isn't the point: the point is that no matter who a person is, or what a person is going through, they need God's love, and we're called to give it.

Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games