Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[EXAM] Run Girl Run (Leo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:21 am
Leo would get the ‘invite’ in the middle of the night. Rengath really didn’t care what time the gnomes delivered the letter after all, so long as it was delivered. At least before the sun rose. Only real requirement really. Just have it arrive before then. So naturally, gnomes put it off last minute. And naturally, it didn’t matter that the letter would be slid under the door without much thought. Or checking to be the right room. One glance was enough after all. But Leo would get the letter all the same. Simple instructions inside, black in on simple white parchement.

‘Come by the theater at 1 pm for your exam. Wear clothes you can ruin. Also do be mindful when you enter, the guests have been getting testy.’
-K. Rengath

When she’d arrived, plants would be strewn about the stage and empty audience seasts, with the red hellspawn instructor walking around what looked like overalls. “Ah, you’re here. Be careful of their roots. Once you get over here, we’ll begin.”

Ephebe
Get on Stage!
Strangely, plants seemed to be taking up a good portion of the theater, roots growing all over the place! Leo will need to get past them without touching them to meet up with Rengath for her exam. This will take her approximately 20 steps.

Rolling 20 d100, if any dice hit the number 1, 10, 30, 50, 75, or 100 she has stepped on a root! Quote iStoleYurVamps for the plant’s, (and Rengath’s), reaction. If you manage to make it across- Quote to begin the exam.

Ephebe rolled 20 100-sided dice: 7, 93, 54, 26, 12, 78, 21, 37, 16, 95, 19, 87, 85, 88, 15, 85, 52, 65, 10, 93 Total: 1038 (20-2000)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:09 am
Leo was nervous. This wasn't such a great surprise; she was pretty sure that most people about to take their first exam would be shaking in their boots. Which she wasn't. Just metaphorically, really.

But she'd followed the instructions to a T, making sure to wear clothes that she wouldn't mind ruining (presents from an aunt who had absolutely no sense of what Leo's style was) and showing up on time, curious of the guests that'd been mentioned in the letter. Did that mean she'd have an audience for her exam? The thought filled her with dread - on one hand, she knew that she'd come a long way from when she'd first enrolled into Amityville and was quite confident in her improved skills, but on the other hand, the thought that she might fail, and do so in front of an audience, was still nerve-wracking to the young Mare.

Her fears were soothed when she entered the theater and saw only her instructor and a whole lot of plants. "Yes, sir!" Her voice was tinged with obvious relief; plants were a lot better than the audience of fellow students - or worse, her teachers - that she'd imagined.

Being mindful of the roots sticking out all over the place, Leo made her way towards her teacher - she'd almost reached the stage, and felt quite sure that she'd be able to make it all the way when she stepped on a root.

iStoleYurVamps
Stepped on a plant!

Ephebe

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:05 am
As Leo stepped on a plant, Rengath froze as there was a low hiss coming from below the stage. “Well little miss Mare, it seems you have woken our guest.” With a small crash the stage overhang that went over the pit was flung off, a large root like creature wigging in a mass of roots and vines. Was this the guest? If Leo traced the roots, she’d find that each one was tangled with the various plants in the room. The teacher seemed rather calm about the whole thing, bored even as the mass of plants began to pull into a ball.

“Now, while I’m not botanist I feel it best to inform you just what that thing is. The mass of writing tentacles before you is a Mandrageron. A type of cultivated mutant minipet, mandrake derivative. A short lived plant usually kept in a dormant state. But as of right now it’s still in it’s first stage of it’s life cycle. A bit volatile really. No matter, with your skills you should be able to get it to stop moving easy enough. It was just recently sleeping but- a rude wake up, ‘fingers’ stepped on and all.” Hopping down from the stage he motioned her to go over to the pit- and the Mandrageron.

“Do what your kind does Miss Leo. Though you are… young your FEAR should be enough to sedate it.” Red eyes looked at her, expectant. “I will watch. If you feel unsuited to the task, call me over.”

Ephebe

==>Do the windy thing!
There is a wild plant…minipet…mutant thing… going nuts! And Rengath seems to think that Leo can get it to stop. There are two ways. One is HIDDEN. I will let you guess to figure it out. The hint is in the RP dialogue.

The second way is to attack! The creature has 20 HP and does and automatic 3 damage each attack. If Leo chooses to FIGHT- She must complete it! Once she wins, or hits 0 HP quote to proceed. If she takes a hidden action- BOLD the action and quote. Notice, a failed action results in -10 HP! Meaning she has 3 guesses to what action will stop the plant! Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:06 am
Okay, that was not so good. Keeping her eyes half on the plant thing - Mandrageron? - and half on her teacher, Leo listened intently to Rengath's explanation.

It seemed straight forward enough, if one didn't take into account mutant minipet itself. Which was apparently 'volatile' - she didn't have any trouble believing that, because frankly the entire plant looked a bit homicidal to her. Or was that just her nerves talking? Drawing strength from the calmness of the professor, Leo momentarily set aside her worries to think this through as coolly as she could, before she ended up doing anything rash. He'd said that it was normally kept dormant, that she had the skills to get it to stop moving and that it was apparently something particular to Mares. Mulling over his words for a few moments, she was pretty sure she knew what skills he was referring to. Well, somewhat sure - from what he'd said, her guess was on it being either her natural or her FEAR ability. Beyond that... she couldn't really narrow it down, which meant that there was only one way to go about this; she'd have to just plunge in, take a risk and try one of them.

"Right, okay. I can do this." She nodded, determined, in the professor's direction before rolling up her sleeves, hoping that the decisive action would help settle her nerves. It didn't much, and she ended up just trying to shove her nerves to the back of her mind and focus - she'd been on lair tasks, fought fearsome creatures and killed humans, after all. What was a little exam compared to that? (Absolutely everything, her slightly panicky mind told her.)

But standing back would get her nowhere except to, possibly, a failed exam, and this was no time for entertaining defeatist thoughts. With that in mind, the young Mare strode forward, swerving and dodging the tendrils of Mandrageron that was still being retracted to the mutant minipet as she went.

She'd have to navigate her way through the mess of plants if she was to have any hope of finding this thing's chest; if it even had a chest. Either way, she was pretty sure she wouldn't come out of this entirely unscathed - volatile, indeed. All she needed was to get to the core and find this thing's chest, and she'd use her natural ability.

iStoleYurVamps
Sorry for the delay! <33 Guessing towards the hidden action!

Ephebe

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:53 pm
Thankfully, for Leo, a mass of plant matter had a chest, it was right over the heart of the plant’s core after all. As she managed to dodge, dip, dive, duck, weave and dodge, as soon as she reached the mass center and get atop it- the plant’s movements began to substantially slow until roots, vines, leaves, and what looked like a very last set of thorns growing on a few branches ceased to move. The Mandrageron looked all but dead, granted, if it wasn’t still green.

“Very good. Now, just give me a moment-“ walking around a few of the fallen limbs the professor, went over to what looked like a bucket of- “to properly sedate it.” The bucket held a slime of sorts, and as he hoisted it up, it was liberally splashed around at the base of the plant. Some, occasionally getting flung in Leo’s direction, (if this was intentional or not was a bit unclear, as the professor seemed more interested in the plant than his student). “Very good. A bit of growth inhibitors. And drugs.” He paused. “Legal ones. I think. But they shouldn’t affect you miss Leo. I was assured they were harmless to halloweeners unless they were of a plant based sort. And unless my supplier went sour we should be alright.” Giving a shrug he motioned for her to come down, as he continued on.

“You did well however, when faced with uncertainty you put faith in your natural ability and were willing to test it.” If perhaps by a miracle, (or some kind of lingering JOY), the hell spawn managed to crack the smallest of smiles. “Consider your exam a pass. Ah, yes the forms…” He looked around and seeing none he was back to scowling. Much more the common sight. “…. Never mind. Just go and tell them I was dealing with sent you and that I still need the form for next week’s renting party.”

With that, Rengath began to douse everything with the slime.

Ephebe
Congrats! Leo is now officially Y2! Sorry for the delay on my part as well. But feel free to start using FEAR mechs, dice rolls, and post for new art if you so desire! I’d also have him a pin but he doesn’t have one. YOU CAN HAVE HIS IMAGINARY ONE THO. :’D

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games