Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Finally having courage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:24 pm
So I've finally decided to tell mom how upset/depressed I've been and how I do wish to transition.

Might as well share this status I made on my personal FB:

Quote:
Broke down and just told mom everything about how I don't feel right as a girl tonight. She then said that she'll love me and help with the transition, once the diagnosis is given.

All I can say is that things are starting to look brighter.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:54 pm
Sifen Yamishi
So I've finally decided to tell mom how upset/depressed I've been and how I do wish to transition.

Might as well share this status I made on my personal FB:

Quote:
Broke down and just told mom everything about how I don't feel right as a girl tonight. She then said that she'll love me and help with the transition, once the diagnosis is given.

All I can say is that things are starting to look brighter.
Sounds awesome! (not the depression but the parental acceptance.)  

Raleigh_Ronin

Ezra

Fashionable Businesswoman

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:16 pm
Yay! You are blessed to have such a caring and supportive mother! Stay optimistic and good things will keep coming your way.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:18 pm
She's apparently flip-flopping on me, sadly. One day, she's fine with it, the next is having her telling me not to go on hormones.

><  

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

Ezra

Fashionable Businesswoman

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:48 pm
Sifen Yamishi
She's apparently flip-flopping on me, sadly. One day, she's fine with it, the next is having her telling me not to go on hormones.

><
Parents are always going to worry. It's not unusual for them to have these doubts and fears. Perhaps she read something about hormone treatments that have her worried for you? Perhaps there is somewhere you can both go to together in order to get the information you need on this subject, and having all the facts could really be good for both of you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:18 pm
Congrats! and blessings to your mother, I wish you the very best with the transition. keep us posted! <3  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

xXDepressedEmo69Xx

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:34 pm
I just read this and it gave me a huge smile. I understand how parents can be difficult to deal with when in these kinds of situations, but communication is key. Also compromising in certain areas on things could help too, but never lose your voice. Always make sure it's heard and that you can end up happy when everything is said and done.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games