Reply 28. ✿ - - - Video Games
3DS?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fifimaru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:49 am
how is the 3DS? is it worth getting?....i was thinking of buying a new system...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:19 am
I honestly don't believe it's worth the money. I have never played a game on one, but I have seen someone play a game on one and have had the chance to browse through all the settings before. The layout seems to be too much to me because it seems like it has a million menus. You can turn off the 3D setting on the 3DS - but then what's the point of getting the 3DS? Might as well stick with a DS or DS Lite.

3D bothers my eyes after a few hours and sometimes looking at a 3D game and then the room around me can make my eyes have a hard time adjusting right away. I don't see how 3D is good for anybody's eyes =/ although that is my opinion. In the end, it depends what you want to do and what you want to spend your money on =)  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:53 pm
I really like my 3DS. heart

I was originally going to just get a DS last year, but at the time the 3DS was the same price, so I figured I might as well.

You can play regular DS games (of which there are a lot) and 3DS games (of which I would suppose there are going to be more coming out). Not sure if Nintendo is going to continue to support the regular DS (put out new games for it) or not.

I use my 3DS primarily to keep myself occupied when I have to wait for appointments, etc. Sometimes I play it when I'm in bed lying on the heating pad. I will not pull my 3DS out on the street; I don't want it to get snatched out of my hands. I'm extra paranoid. sweatdrop

The only game I've finished so far on my 3DS is Atelier Annie, where I think I got the normal ending. Sigh.

I guess another thing to look at is what kind of games you like. If you like Fallout 3 and Skyrim, you probably won't be able to find something quite so involved on the 3DS. But you can play your DS or 3DS practically anywhere, so it's kind of a trade-off.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:09 pm
the mage-girl

I was originally going to just get a DS last year, but at the time the 3DS was the same price, so I figured I might as well.

You can play regular DS games (of which there are a lot) and 3DS games (of which I would suppose there are going to be more coming out). Not sure if Nintendo is going to continue to support the regular DS (put out new games for it) or not.

I use my 3DS primarily to keep myself occupied when I have to wait for appointments, etc. Sometimes I play it when I'm in bed lying on the heating pad. I will not pull my 3DS out on the street; I don't want it to get snatched out of my hands. I'm extra paranoid. sweatdrop

The only game I've finished so far on my 3DS is Atelier Annie, where I think I got the normal ending. Sigh.

I guess another thing to look at is what kind of games you like. If you like Fallout 3 and Skyrim, you probably won't be able to find something quite so involved on the 3DS. But you can play your DS or 3DS practically anywhere, so it's kind of a trade-off.

oh I love Atelier Annie...so far i've got most of the endings.....i havent gotten the best ending or the business woman ending......  

fifimaru

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:14 am
fifimaru
the mage-girl

oh I love Atelier Annie...so far i've got most of the endings.....i havent gotten the best ending or the business woman ending......

That's so cool! Who's your favorite character? I'm really fond of the mechanic, but he doesn't do a lot of damage (at least in my experience).

What is it about these damn alchemy games like Atelier Iris and Mana Khemia??? I'm the only one of my RL friends who's into them. But then, they're playing WoW and Skyrim, so they're doing alchemy too. whee

Happy Christmas everyone!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:25 am
the mage-girl
fifimaru
the mage-girl

That's so cool! Who's your favorite character? I'm really fond of the mechanic, but he doesn't do a lot of damage (at least in my experience).

What is it about these damn alchemy games like Atelier Iris and Mana Khemia??? I'm the only one of my RL friends who's into them. But then, they're playing WoW and Skyrim, so they're doing alchemy too. whee

Happy Christmas everyone!

my favorite would be pepe or fitz  

fifimaru

Enigmatic Lunacy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:13 pm
I LOVE my 3DS!
There's so much more to it than the whole "it plays games in 3D" thing! The streetpass feature is very cool! You can communicate with your friends with it and play games with them. Its preloaded with fun games and you can download games directly to the system through the eShop!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:36 pm
I love mine, too. I rarely use my DS Lite anymore. The 3D can take some getting used to, yes. And it's not helpful for those games that have you moving the DS around. My brother never uses the 3D feature, but I always do. It doesn't bother me that much. I even kept it on for Spirit Camera, which is a good workout with the DS with all the moving required.

Like said above, there's more to it than the 3D. It has some neat features you can't find in the earlier systems.

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

28. ✿ - - - Video Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces