Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Some New Hope

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Demon Wolf Kyra

Dangerous Shapeshifter

13,375 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:21 pm
So, Idk if some of you are familiar with the LDS Church (Latter Day Saints aka Mormon), I used to be a member, but this issue with same sex couples and other more personal drama kind of drove me away
But anyway
I found out that they will actually be drawing back from protesting same sex marriage :3
I mean they still won't accept it in their church but they have noticed the high suicide rate among their gay members who thought something was completely "wrong" with them so they have decided to withhold protests
Now I am still not satisfied with them not accepting same sex marriage within their church but it's not surprising either
But at least this means, if they hold to it, that younger generations will be going into a step from "You are wrong! Same sex couples are Evil!" toward one of at least a bit more tolerance
I just found this interesting and shared it on my school's GSA page and decided to share it here for thoughts, ideas, and opinions

I for one am still completely outraged that many churches thought they had a say in who people could marry since this is supposed to be a free country and are supposed to have Separation of Church and State although we have also never followed that since the leaders of some churches can infact give out Legal marriage certificates which infringes on separation of church and state right there and it also gets frustrating when these people can't see that they are being unfair and going against some of their own morals by keeping people who love each other apart and making another lower class which again America didn't want but this bit of news does give me hope and I hope in the near future others will follow as well and hold to it  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:46 pm
Between what LDS has done to fight against equality and what I've learned thanks to a friend converting, I really can't say anything nice about the church. Is that unfair of me? Probably. But it is also unfair that that church has been so active in preventing equality when it could be feeding the hungry or helping the poor or doing things that would actually help people.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items