Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Bothered by something

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taka Kikuchi

Married Lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:15 pm
Okay, I have a question to ask of everyone in this guild. I have a friend that is a girl who deeply believes herself to be a MTF transgender. I understand that everyone can be who they want but I seriously am stumped by this child.

She started dating a girl about a year ago who came out to my friend that she was a MTF. All of a sudden my friend had walked over to my house from her school and we were starting to talk. I was going to head out with her to the mall and I was starting to change (don't say anything please) and put my comforter over her head when she just suddenly burst out "Would you hate me if I was a boy?" Of course I never really thought about it and said no. Then she chopped off her hair. I didn't give it much thought either until one day I had texted her something alone the lines of "You're one strange chickie" (or something) and she texted back "Nuuuuu, I'm a boyyyyyyyyy." I call everyone a chickie or a chickadee - even if it was to a guy - and it just made me mad. She never got onto the subject of stopping calling her buy her real name until I found out her "boyfriend" was moving down here. Then me and my other friend were talking and wondered if this was possible..

Could a transgendered individual give off unintentionally making the other in the relationship think to be transgendered so the other can be together with the originally known transgendered individual?

If that even made any clear sense, could you answer it for me. And I am not saying that every single transgender is like this - I understand that this is probably just some stupid thing that is making me all paranoid - but I really do want to know if what I'm thinking is true.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:26 am
wait, so is she a cis girl who wants to me mtf?  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Taka Kikuchi

Married Lover

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:42 pm
If you are talking about my friend then yes.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:22 am
Takara Kikuchi

thats what we call a transtrender and is only trying to be trans to either get a pitty party or be edgey for attention

ftmtf is the dumbest made up thing ever  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Taka Kikuchi

Married Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:34 pm
Shanna66
Takara Kikuchi

thats what we call a transtrender and is only trying to be trans to either get a pitty party or be edgey for attention

Ah, so it is an actual thing, not all paranoid!

Excuse me? No, ftm and mtf are not dumb or made up. Do you even know what transgendered means? And don't say that it's just them wanting to be trending, that's not true. What goes on inside of someone who's trying to figure out if they are either male or female when their true gender identity is male or female, is not "Oh, I'm gonna trend on being a guy/girl for awhile since I'm a girl/guy just to be cool with people." No, they truly have the feeling of disgust inside of their own skins when they realize they aren't specifically born a male/female when they want to be a male/female. It is so hard for them to even come out to anyone, worse then being a lesbian or a gay because they have the biggest change of their whole life weighing on their shoulders that can make or break relationships with family, friends and acquaintances. And with the bullying they all have to endure is much worse then you can even begin to imagine, a lot of people are much more harsh on a transgendered individual then on a normal straight person. And fyi, this is a guild for the gay, lesbian, bi AND transgendered. I'd watch on what you say bad about those individuals.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:42 pm
Takara Kikuchi
Shanna66
Takara Kikuchi

Excuse me? No, ftm and mtf are not dumb or made up. Do you even know what transgendered means? And don't say that it's just them wanting to be trending, that's not true. What goes on inside of someone who's trying to figure out if they are either male or female when their true gender identity is male or female, is not "Oh, I'm gonna trend on being a guy/girl for awhile since I'm a girl/guy just to be cool with people." No, they truly have the feeling of disgust inside of their own skins when they realize they aren't specifically born a male/female when they want to be a male/female. It is so hard for them to even come out to anyone, worse then being a lesbian or a gay because they have the biggest change of their whole life weighing on their shoulders that can make or break relationships with family, friends and acquaintances. And with the bullying they all have to endure is much worse then you can even begin to imagine, a lot of people are much more harsh on a transgendered individual then on a normal straight person. And fyi, this is a guild for the gay, lesbian, bi AND transgendered. I'd watch on what you say bad about those individuals.

lol i think you need to redread my post. i said ftmtf are transtrenders. ftm amd mtf people are true trangenders and i fully support actual trans people.

ftmtf are girls who want to be boys who want to transition to girls. its really just something made up for attention and i have no respect for anyone who give true transgenders a bad name like that  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:04 pm
Shanna66
Takara Kikuchi
Shanna66
Takara Kikuchi

lol i think you need to redread my post. i said ftmtf are transtrenders. ftm amd mtf people are true trangenders and i fully support actual trans people.

ftmtf are girls who want to be boys who want to transition to girls. its really just something made up for attention and i have no respect for anyone who give true transgenders a bad name like that
We'll I am not offended and understand what you meant. yeah its a silly thing, I think Lady Gaga started it and it got people talking about her, worked in favour of her career.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:23 pm
Shanna66
Takara Kikuchi
Shanna66
Takara Kikuchi

Ah, thought you messed up with it, sorry. All crazy wasn't I? ^^;  

Taka Kikuchi

Married Lover

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:35 pm
AmeliaParadox
Shanna66
Takara Kikuchi
Shanna66
Takara Kikuchi

We'll I am not offended and understand what you meant. yeah its a silly thing, I think Lady Gaga started it and it got people talking about her, worked in favour of her career.

other people started the trans jokes with lady gaga, she just went along with it in a joking way instead of getting upset about it. she doesnt really think she is trans, just a cis bisexual last time i heard anything about it  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:36 pm
Takara Kikuchi
Shanna66
Takara Kikuchi
Shanna66
Takara Kikuchi

lol i would have thought the same thing. ive just seen a couple on tumblr so thats the only reason i know they "exist"  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Taka Kikuchi

Married Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:54 pm
Shanna66
Takara Kikuchi
Shanna66
Takara Kikuchi
Shanna66
Takara Kikuchi

lol i would have thought the same thing. ive just seen a couple on tumblr so thats the only reason i know they "exist"

Ah..  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff