Submit

SunflowerMage

Dapper Gawker

3,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:29 pm
when i was 20 i lived with my boyfriend and his moms. it was our first time moving out and away from florida. we stayed there til we were stable and found an affordable apartment and we love living together now.

i love having our own apartment and privacy. best advice i can give is to not rock the boat or be rude the rents even if you don't agree with their methods sometimes... be polite and help out where you can and you should be fine. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:17 pm
I live with my husband (who I met on Gaia) and our cat. We did live with his parents for a short time before we got married though. I never really got as comfortable around them as my own family... but it'll get easier! Hang in there. (:  

Aliareana

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

Katamari Kitten

Beloved Hunter

9,425 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Falling For You 25
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:34 am
My boyfriend and I live together while we attend university. When we return in the summertime we usually live at home except this time my parents have moved away, so I will be living with his family. His family is way nicer than mine, so I think it will be a good experience as long as I stay occupied. His mom always makes supper, cleans, and is quite silly so you can make up stories and tell her and she will believe it. Haha And his dad is quite kind too, he tries to make everything fun and if something bad happens its water off his back. Him and my boyfriend were also the ones that taught me how to drive as my own father said "I should have done it when I was 16" and wanted nothing to do with it after that because he thought I would wreck his truck or something. :S

Anyways that's my input, I don't think it's that bad, a lot of people in society today depend on their parents while they try to get set up. I am 22 and my boyfriend is 25. When I am finished with school and have a nice job I plan to send his parents on a vacation to mexico (since they like to go there) as a thank you for all the kindness they have showered me with. They make me feel like a real family. c:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:54 pm
Living with your parents doesn't have to be the down and all, rock-bottom like a lot of people try to describe it. We all go through rough times and sometimes its just easier for both parties that way. Sometimes it just flows like that. (Villages used to worked together and stayed together mostly after all) My boyfriend lives with me and my family this includes my mom, my two grown brothers, 28 and 30 and my cousin 36. We are a native american (except my bf) so we live on the reservation. We own the land we live on and one day I will inherit the house I live in from my mom. Even if that weren't the case I really like the atmosphere of where I live. Its calm and quiet and I like my family even though they can drive me crazy at times but thats just the dynamic of family.

I think about moving out so my bf and I could have our own place alone together without having to worry about other people but there's just no finance for that right now. Plus I'm connected to this land and the people. It would honestly be so weird to not wake up in the morning to clattering things and my mom and cousin talking. So for me this is a good living situation as long as I communicate with my family and we work together on things. Proper communication is essential! Stupid things happen when ppl mis-communicate like really the dumbest arguments, I swear! eek

HimeFiveCents

Overcharged Smoker

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:20 am
I live with my boyfriend and his parents as well. We were living with my mom and sister before while we are in college. My mom lost her job and we had to go to his parents. It can definitely be a change, especially if there is economic status difference, religion, values, etc...

In my case, I still feel kinda awkward and they provide a good percent of my support at the moment so I also feel a little guilty? Not sure if that's the word I'd use, but I feel bad even though I pay 20/wk XD  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:10 pm
It's nice that his parents let you move in.
I don't think my parents or my BF's parents would ever allow that. (And I'm in my 20's)
I do live with my BF though, we live in his house. I don't think I could ever deal with having either of our parents live there, it would kill our sex life because I'd be too worried about them hearing!!  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items