whatchu think.
  SUCKED
  WON
View Results

Nehen

Sparkly Carnivore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:49 pm
just saw the hobbit last night. two things to say:

1. nice ball sack (if you haven't seen it, you'll see it when you see it).
2. ******** peter jackson.

i say these things because i read the hobbit numerous times as a child & LOVED IT. i freaking love bilbo baggins. not only didn't i know this was only the first PART of a SERIES, but i was really hoping that bilbo baggins would live up to my expectations. NOT ENOUGH BILBO BAGGINS, I NEED MORE BILBO BAGGINS OKAY

i was also looking forward to seeing smaug in the JEWELLL/TREASURE CAVVEEE. i have imagined all different ways it could look

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:04 am
I've read the book, and I also loved the film... and I've got a new ship full of ships xD. (I would never ship the characters in the book, but is the film... 3nodding )
Like Bagginoakenshield and offcourse, I'm still waiting for Smauglock... yeah I know that Smaug and Bilbo are enemies... but I'm fangirling :3.  

Angel Essayez

Adventuring Explorer

10,650 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50

Sparrow Cinders

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:10 am
You two are so lucky! I'll have to wait until next year to see it. crying  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:45 am
what was up with Radagast? It was nice to see him but... really? lol. At first I thought they were replacing Beorn with him, but he should show up next film.

My main complaint with the movie is its way too long, way too much padding. Its like every twenty minutes we were expecting the finale, then the trumpets start blaring again. It tried to be like LoTR too much, The Hobbit lost much of its charm from that. No amount of singing could reclaim it.

But man, I do love Wizard pissing contests. I praise the movie for that!  

Jin-is-supreme

Tipsy Humorist

Nehen

Sparkly Carnivore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:03 am
Loshka
what was up with Radagast? It was nice to see him but... really? lol. At first I thought they were replacing Beorn with him, but he should show up next film.

My main complaint with the movie is its way too long, way too much padding. Its like every twenty minutes we were expecting the finale, then the trumpets start blaring again. It tried to be like LoTR too much, The Hobbit lost much of its charm from that. No amount of singing could reclaim it.

But man, I do love Wizard pissing contests. I praise the movie for that!

i loooved radagast actually! i agree with you that peter jackson is ******** up by dragging the story out and splitting it into pieces. i wasn't expecting that, but i guess i should've read a few reviews before going to see it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:52 am
I'm going with my friend to see this movie on Thursday, really looking forward to it biggrin

M i n i R e d S t a r s

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:20 am
Me and my friend were talking after the movie and one of the things that came out of that besides all the usual innuendo, was a concencus of holy crap I wonder what the extended version will look like. gonk the pacing is too choppy in some parts with certain scenes that take a bit too long and take away from the flow of the movie.

And randomly... Bofur totally reminds me of Ben Stiller for some reason. I can't quite place it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:01 pm
Making it a trilogy was a poor decision, and it really shows with the bad pacing. And eagles coming out of nowhere was a horrible resolution to their situation bordering on Deus ex Machina.
Only thing I really enjoyed the entire movie was Gollum.  

Evataph

babiafi

Friendly Fairy

23,025 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:04 pm
It dragged a bit at times - stretching it out over three has messed the pacing up imo - but other than that I really enjoyed it. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:06 am
I saw The Hobbit and geeked out all over it, but WHAAAT ballsack are you talking about?! rofl  

simulationshorty

17. ✿ - - - Music, Series & Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff