Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]
The biggest waste in gold you've ever seen?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:21 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So people tend to waste money on dumb things like smokes and collectibles, but what is the biggest waste of Gaia gold you have ever seen or ever did?

My biggest waste in gold I can't say since U always sell them in the marketplace later.

But it seems to me that biggest waste in gold are bumps and those fancy text pictures. I get that people want to bump up topics, even on the fish tank forum but I honestly feel like it is a waste of gold to buy these graphics while you are most likely questing and thus are further setting yourself back no matter how good you are at booty grab. How people get 4k-7k is beyond me. The highest I ever did was 3k which is rare for me.

But anyways what is your biggest waste in gold and what have you seen or consider others do/spend to be a waste of gold?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:29 am
Ah, yeah. I never understood why people shell out for those fancy
post style graphics, especially since from my point of view those graphics do not take that
much time to make. Well, it's also subjective how much a 'long time' is since some might be slower at Photoshop than others.
It does not take much talent to use some layer masks, brushes, and novelty fonts.

Flynn's Plunder Store: Whoever bid 5 million on that Kiki Kitty Plush, you've got one helluva bank to be wasting it on Flynn's Kiki Plush. Well, pretty much all of the bids are over the regular buying price, but 5 million?! Seriously?!
At least in the long run this will be a great gold sink.

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:32 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Five million for a Kiki when it's only around a million? That's really ridiculous and I looked at the actually Kiki Kitty listing that Flynn's bid is at the very bottom. She do well to just sell those items rather then get bids but as long as people are bidding I guess it works.

I've been meaning to try photoshop but I still don't have an account on it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:37 am
I don't anyone will be able to beat this: Back when Rufus was selling the red mini wings raffle tickets from his store.

One of the test items was a starter polo shirt. It sold for 13 mil.

I think I stopped bidding at 2 mil, but that was so much fun to be a part of. Everyone bidding was in the same guild it was like our own little mini event.
xp  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Aryvane

Cat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:53 am
Kairanha
One of the test items was a starter polo shirt. It sold for 13 mil.

Mastey. lol

But on topic:

I disagree about post styles. I think there's definitely something to be said about
an elegant set-up for a thread that catches peoples' eyes.

I think that it's all a matter of perspective. If you're questing something that's 15
million, and you spend 500k for a spectacular thread image set, you have a
quest thread that people like to look at and are more likely to donate to (because
it looks like you put a lot of time and effort into your presentation).  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:04 pm
little aishi chan

So people tend to waste money on dumb things like smokes and collectibles,

I regret none of my smoking purchases. ^_^ I still want the ghostly hookah. But yeah there are some pretty overpriced crap out there! eek Kinda grateful I'm still too poor to afford any of it lol  

HimeFiveCents

Overcharged Smoker

07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces