Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Is He Homophobic Or Not?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:39 pm
To be short: My dad says "Let them be as miserable as the rest of us," when it comes to gay marriage but when I once "jokingly" said I might be asexual he looked so annoyed. And I forget what happened but I think it was two guys on the TV kissing and he just looked annoyed.

I can't tell if he's pro gay marriage, anti, or neutral. DX  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:37 pm
By it statement it seems that he really doesn't mind gay marriage.

Ultimately, the only way to get a sure fire answer is to ask the question point-blank.

My perception of your father based off your remarks leads to believe that he is NOT homophobic.

I think perhaps you feel that he acts annoyed when perhaps he might not actually be so bothered. I believe that you are expecting the worst from him rather than the best.

As I said, the only way to know how he feels on the issue for sure is to ask it directly. In order to get an honest answer from him I would also suggest asking seriously rather than creating a joke out of the question, if that makes sense.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:45 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao
By it statement it seems that he really doesn't mind gay marriage.

Ultimately, the only way to get a sure fire answer is to ask the question point-blank.

My perception of your father based off your remarks leads to believe that he is NOT homophobic.

I think perhaps you feel that he acts annoyed when perhaps he might not actually be so bothered. I believe that you are expecting the worst from him rather than the best.

As I said, the only way to know how he feels on the issue for sure is to ask it directly. In order to get an honest answer from him I would also suggest asking seriously rather than creating a joke out of the question, if that makes sense.

Ask him? I'm terrified at the thought. I think I'll wait till I move out to do that. *Is turning 16 next week. Can't do it. XD *

I'm rather pessimistic. So I don't expect a good reaction. I'm like that...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:48 pm
holywarriorprincess11

It's okay to be like that. But you should still understand that regardless, he is your father. He'll love you no matter what. Even if he says he hates you for what you are he can't, because he's your dad.

And it could be brought up casually but if you want to know for a matter-of-fact then you have to ask him clear-cut.

Happy early birthday, by the way c:

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao
holywarriorprincess11

It's okay to be like that. But you should still understand that regardless, he is your father. He'll love you no matter what. Even if he says he hates you for what you are he can't, because he's your dad.

And it could be brought up casually but if you want to know for a matter-of-fact then you have to ask him clear-cut.

Happy early birthday, by the way c:

Maybe it'll be brought up in another political argument over the holidays.
Hopefully he will.

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:08 am
I think he doesn't mind gay relationships when it's not happening to his relatives. Which, I must say, is very rude. confused  

Sajjue

Sparkly Fairy

9,500 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Wall Street 200

shadow_hellchild9756

Unforgiving Lunatic

5,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:53 am
my dad just doesn't like the thought of anything that has to do with gay couples neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:59 pm
Alot of older men (or men in general) can be neutral about it...as long as it isn't in their face.
(just my observations xP )  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

Chris ex Machina

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:11 am
I think he might be ok with it, but a lot of people are uncomfortable with it happening around them. I was the same for awhile, until I found out my sexuality.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:36 pm
My dad's the same way sometimes. He'll sometimes assume if a man is gay he's into interior design and fashion and such, and I try telling him that's not always true. And he thinks gay men have high-pitched voices and so forth. He gets annoyed when he sees gay couples on TV, but in real life he doesn't seem to mind as much. I think it's just the fact that he's from a different generation that his mind-frame isn't the same as ours.  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

Alverus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:34 pm
This is no surprise. Doesn't every cast away anything they don't understand? It's just pure ignorance.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:29 pm
Sajjue
I think he doesn't mind gay relationships when it's not happening to his relatives. Which, I must say, is very rude. confused

^ Probably this. My mother is like this, and it makes me want to scream.  

lenon01

Dangerous Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100

Katana left the site

Angelic Shade

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:01 pm
Based on your descriptions, I'd say he'd be slightly irked but come to accept it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:57 am
lenon01
Sajjue

^ Probably this. My mother is like this, and it makes me want to scream.

My mother was like this, but she accepted me later. sweatdrop  

Sajjue

Sparkly Fairy

9,500 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Wall Street 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers