Reply 07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]
Lets talk about superficial people

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:37 pm
Makeup, clothes, hairstyle, accessories enhance your physical appearance, right?

However, is it so important to always look the best ?
Like, every time you go out, just to eat, shopping, visit a friend ?

I don't think so ! If I go out, I want to be confortable. I brush my hair and waer clothes that are not dirty or has holes. I conceal my face imperfections and put more makeup when I have time.

I only put on nice clothes and put makeup for parties : New Year's Eve, birthdays...

Example 1 : My friend said in this society if you want to find a boyfriend you gotta put makeup.

Example 2: My colleague said that her sister has no boyfriend and her mom told her sister : you must dress up prettier.

Example 3: People told my mom that my father left her because she doesn't dress up nicely.
It's really mean from them.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:49 pm
Eh, I think a lot of people have self confidence issues and that paired with the way society says things are 'supposed' to be just makes it worse. Not everyone is superficial though, there are a lot of people who aren't but those are the ones who tend to be over looked.

To add to that, say you're looking for a job or relationship, a lot of people see it as if you aren't willing to put effort into taking care of yourself so you won't be willing to put effort into the relationship/job either.

That said, I very rarely wear makeup but it is fun to sometimes dress up for no reason or do my makeup just because I feel like it. I am pretty big on making sure my clothes match and I at least look somewhat presentable unless just picking up some last minute groceries or visiting family. I have a boyfriend and I didn't have to pretend to be someone that I'm not to get him. If you have to pretend to be anything other than yourself to get with someone then they aren't worth your time anyway because they will never be happy with the person that you really are. Trying to find a job or form your career are a different story though. A big part of that is all about how you present yourself to everyone else and what they think about you/your appearance. It's sad in some respect but it's true.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:01 pm
ll-Frantic-ll
Eh, I think a lot of people have self confidence issues and that paired with the way society says things are 'supposed' to be just makes it worse. Not everyone is superficial though, there are a lot of people who aren't but those are the ones who tend to be over looked.

To add to that, say you're looking for a job or relationship, a lot of people see it as if you aren't willing to put effort into taking care of yourself so you won't be willing to put effort into the relationship/job either.

That said, I very rarely wear makeup but it is fun to sometimes dress up for no reason or do my makeup just because I feel like it. I am pretty big on making sure my clothes match and I at least look somewhat presentable unless just picking up some last minute groceries or visiting family. I have a boyfriend and I didn't have to pretend to be someone that I'm not to get him. If you have to pretend to be anything other than yourself to get with someone then they aren't worth your time anyway because they will never be happy with the person that you really are. Trying to find a job or form your career are a different story though. A big part of that is all about how you present yourself to everyone else and what they think about you/your appearance. It's sad in some respect but it's true.
ok xd
I understand for jobs, physical appearance is important.
I was just very annoyed about appearance in dating or... ''keep your husband''.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:35 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Every guy is different. Some guys like girls with make up and some guys like girls who are just fine with being themselves without having to get all dolled up and stuff.

I wouldn't say you should always look your best, sometimes you will have days where you just don't give a damn, like a quick trip to the store, who cares if you have a ripped shirt with a hole in it, it's just the store!

But if you are running errand you do want to look a bit decent, not makeup and such, with neatly brushed hair and nice clothes.

I don't bother with makeup much though I am trying to get into foundation, gloss and blush. I brought them from my cousin who sells Mary Kay but I haven't used them yet because I'm not used to putting things like on my face and just have not found an actual important event or occasion to do such,

But yeah I mean with work and interviews and anything professional really, you want to look your best and do everything you can. But if it is a normal day who gives a damn. I personally would not date a guy who only me with makeup every time because then I would feel like I can't be without it. ******** that! Make up is not always a good thing. Though dressing up nicely can do wonders and if your personality is nice then people won't care about the makeup.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:09 pm
little aishi chan
But yeah I mean with work and interviews and anything professional really, you want to look your best and do everything you can. But if it is a normal day who gives a damn.

agreed.
but even so, i dress comfortably and people tell my that i'm pretty and should be a supermodel, so i'm all NO emotion_donotwant

07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games