Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:42 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I have been looking forward to this certain topic because I have a lot to say about this. The fact i have learnt about the friend-zone is that the people who use it don't have a damn clue what the hell it means!

I mean a lot of people say it don't exist and yeah okay it's doesn't, just another word people wanna makeup and use for another situation or whatever like pansexual and demisexual or whatever to make them feel special.

But according to urban dictionary even though it clearly is just as bad as the wiki but I'm sure the wiki has the same definition about it. Friend-zone means that you TELL a friend you like them and they REJECT you.

Apparently though, friend-zoning happens to just guys even though from the LI it is pretty damn clear girls get "friend-zoned" WAAAAAAYYYYY more.

But anyways I go on the LI a lot and I just realized a well known fact, people don't know what the hell they are talking about and don't know how to use these made up words. Like swag.

User Image

I am seeing a lot of topics about people saying and asking if they have been ever so famously "friend-zoned", only to find out they didn't even tell their friend they liked them or someone tells them that they want to take the relationship slow.

Okay for starters how the hell do you get "friend-zoned" when the guy/girl just said to your face that they want to take things slow? That's NOT a rejection! That's a damn sign that they like you and don't want to rush into s**t and break up with you next month!

As for the idiots who walk around saying they got "friend-zoned" when they didn't even tell their friend they liked them, are clearly bored with their lives and need some kind of drama, even if they have to make it up!

UGH!!!

These stupidass fads!

I would say what I really want but....no I'll just leave it at that.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:10 pm
little aishi chan
the LI
This is not really the best indicator of how the world actually works... I'm sure you realize that already though.

And yeah, I always thought "getting friendzoned" meant that you told someone you liked them, and they told you that they didn't like you back but they still want to be friends with you. Implying that "just friends" is as far as you will ever get with that person.

Though I have also heard guys use it to mean they tried to develop a relationship with a girl, but it became evident over time that she came to like him so much as a friend that she wouldn't have even considered going further than that. The problem with this is that the guy still never actually ASKS the girl whether she would WANT anything more, and it's like, if you'd just ask you might be surprised.

And no, I'm definitely not talking from personal experience. I will, however, say that I agree with you that it is not just something that happens to guys. No, no.  

Amy Reinvented

Friendly Fairy

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:22 am
Amy Reinvented
little aishi chan
the LI
This is not really the best indicator of how the world actually works... I'm sure you realize that already though.

And yeah, I always thought "getting friendzoned" meant that you told someone you liked them, and they told you that they didn't like you back but they still want to be friends with you. Implying that "just friends" is as far as you will ever get with that person.

Though I have also heard guys use it to mean they tried to develop a relationship with a girl, but it became evident over time that she came to like him so much as a friend that she wouldn't have even considered going further than that. The problem with this is that the guy still never actually ASKS the girl whether she would WANT anything more, and it's like, if you'd just ask you might be surprised.

And no, I'm definitely not talking from personal experience. I will, however, say that I agree with you that it is not just something that happens to guys. No, no.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Why the hell are you quoting that and acting like I'm talking about the whole world? I mean if you actually read it, you would realize I'm talking about Gaia.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:41 pm
little aishi chan
Haha, sorry, I didn't mean to assume. The first part of what you said could be applicable to the world at large, though. I tend to misunderstand things a lot, so I apologize.  

Amy Reinvented

Friendly Fairy

07. ✿ - - - Chatterbox [COME SPAM!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces