Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I have a problem.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is something wrong with me?
  Yes
  No
View Results

FloopNoodle

3,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:27 pm
My problem is this: I have dated a few people, boys and girls alike. I've even fell in love. BUT no matter how much I love someone when I'm in a relationship I WILL find a reason to end it without realizing it. Then when it's too late I'm filled with nothing but regret. I don't know why I push everyone out of my life. And to top it off, after my last boyfriend and I broke up I really can't find anyone attractive or worth dating. Not because he was the only guy for me, and no one can compare, I just don't feel attracted to anyone at all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:43 pm
That's just your way of protecting yourself. Without realizing it, you push them away to make sure they won't just leave or give up. If they truly care, they'll try their hardest to stay with you. If not, they'll leave. End of story.  

Invincible Youth

Fashionable Senshi

14,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 pm
You just described me. With the exception of the fact that I push everyone away before I even get to dating. In fact, I've never been in a relationship before.

I don't even think it's really just a defense mechanism or a means of protecting yourself. It's something habitual really, a habit not easily changed. I wouldn't worry about it. In my mind it's a way of showing yourself that things aren't truly as you want them or need them to be.

The way I see it, when you're ready things will just stick.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:01 pm
Invincible Youth
That's just your way of protecting yourself. Without realizing it, you push them away to make sure they won't just leave or give up. If they truly care, they'll try their hardest to stay with you. If not, they'll leave. End of story.
I don't really feel like it's me protecting myself though, I just feel like I've lost any form of sexuality, and I don't know what caused it.

FloopNoodle

3,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

FloopNoodle

3,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:03 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao
You just described me. With the exception of the fact that I push everyone away before I even get to dating. In fact, I've never been in a relationship before.

I don't even think it's really just a defense mechanism or a means of protecting yourself. It's something habitual really, a habit not easily changed. I wouldn't worry about it. In my mind it's a way of showing yourself that things aren't truly as you want them or need them to be.

The way I see it, when you're ready things will just stick.

I used to be the absolute worst about pushing people away. Then I just stopped liking anyone in general. I don't even think I remember how to go about starting a relationship anymore because I have no desire to be in one with anyone, even if they are the greatest person ever.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:07 pm
LovelyLaurenAshes

That's you telling yourself you don't want another relationship, that you need to be putting your energies and efforts elsewhere.

Don't worry about it, in time the feelings should come back. But for now hone in on what's important in your life.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

FloopNoodle

3,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:18 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao
LovelyLaurenAshes

That's you telling yourself you don't want another relationship, that you need to be putting your energies and efforts elsewhere.

Don't worry about it, in time the feelings should come back. But for now hone in on what's important in your life.
Is it possible for someone to have completely lost their sex drive and never get it back?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:49 am
Watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1tCAXVsClw

Dan Savage is amazing, and this video tackles your exact question.  

MisterSam

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:56 am
just sounds like you are just not ready yet. which is fine. 3nodding  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff