Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Toughness and Sexuality with an article on the side

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:08 pm
So I was watching Ru Paul's drag race (Go Latrice Royale ) and they was learning some wrestling moves. This had me thinking about one thing: Toughness and Sexuality. I wondered can these two things can co-exist. From experience I say yes. What are you're thoughts on this? Also what do you think of this article? It's about Japanese male actors doing Boys' Love movies every now and then.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:38 pm
Malific Storm Shadow

(Don't read this in an angry voice, I'm making a point. I'm not trying to tell you off. Sorry if it seems that way)
This really isn't much of a discussion. No offence. Of course someone can be tough and gay. That's like asking if someone can be a coward and straight. For instance, I fought a straight guy who called me a f**. (Wasn't much of a fight. He pushed and I pushed him onto the ground) I'm not the tough talking type, but it was obvious I was bigger than him.
Again, no offence, but Ru Paul isn't the best example of the gay community. I mean, look at this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:15 am
Timid Mishu
Malific Storm Shadow

(Don't read this in an angry voice, I'm making a point. I'm not trying to tell you off. Sorry if it seems that way)
This really isn't much of a discussion. No offence. Of course someone can be tough and gay. That's like asking if someone can be a coward and straight. For instance, I fought a straight guy who called me a f**. (Wasn't much of a fight. He pushed and I pushed him onto the ground) I'm not the tough talking type, but it was obvious I was bigger than him.
Again, no offence, but Ru Paul isn't the best example of the gay community. I mean, look at this:

Your point is well taken mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:07 am
Toughness is mistakenly associated with masculinity and the two really have nothing to do with one another.

Sexuality doesn't play a particular role in being tough. There are plenty of professional athletes out there who are badass individuals and some of them are in fact homosexual.

So I think it's more of a stigma that homosexual men tend to be less tough and homosexual women more tough when in fact it's just an idea projected by the ignorant.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Chris ex Machina

Cat

19,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 pm
Really, I've never seen a connection between sexuality and toughness. Some of the strongest peopleI know are gay or bisexual. In fact, one holds several wrestling trophies in the cabinet at school. It's more of a unfair stereotype that homosexual=weak.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:49 pm
Timid Mishu
Malific Storm Shadow

I love this post~ It's entertaining for whatever reason.

Also, whatever possessed you to believe that Gay =/= Tough? No rudeness intended, I'm just curious. It's always good to question things~  

lenon01

Dangerous Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100

Cheshire Bitten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:02 pm
Malific Storm Shadow
So I was watching Ru Paul's drag race (Go Latrice Royale ) and they was learning some wrestling moves. This had me thinking about one thing: Toughness and Sexuality. I wondered can these two things can co-exist. From experience I say yes. What are you're thoughts on this? ...

Can someone be tough And sexy, regardless of sexual orientation? Absolutely! If it wasn't pro wrestling wouldn't be nearly as popular with the straight female crowd.  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games