Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Pharao's Funk

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:59 pm
So I've kind of found my way into a funk.

Since probably the first few weeks of school I met this guy on campus and was immediately attracted to him. He's openly gay (I think) although most people would assume he's straight. He's very into cars and politics and knows exactly where he wants to go in life. I'm very very attracted to, in fact I've been lusting after him for a while now.

Just the other night he was drunk texting me while he was at a party talking about how hes sexually attracted to me and how he, more or less, wants to have sex with me.

He and I have texted for a bit on and off well before last night and it's always been a little more gentleman like rather than indecent as our conversation became as the hours past.

I'm very interested in him and made clear that while I'd totally be okay with having sex with him I'd like to get to know him just a bit better beforehand. He's understanding and agreeable but I'm still a little nervous about whether or not he just sees me as some toy for him to play with (not that I would mind).

And then there is another guy. This boy is very sweet and kind hearted but he's a bit of an overall ******** up.

Both he and the guy I'm attracted to are twenty years old. Where the other guy goes to college and has direction, this other boy quit college, has no goals or aspirations, and just works all the time (better than nothing I suppose).

He's really interested in me and we've hung out a couple of times and I've enjoyed them but I just can't find myself as attracted to him as he is to me. He told me the last time that we hung out that he used to be a heavy opiate user and I've come to understand that he tends to get drunk five out of seven days of the week.

I learned from his roommate that he's been dying to have sex with me but I'm just not interested in doing that with him. I do like him, he's incredibly sweet, but I just can't find myself attracted to who he is as a total person.

I'm fairly certain which direction I'll be taking as far as these two go however I'm a little uneasy about it because I'm no good at just breaking a boys heart and when I tend to go after things they tend to run awry.

Any advice as to how to go about doing things?
What would you do in my position?
Do you think my mind is in the right place?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:17 pm
I think the direction you're leaning is the better course of action.

If you just aren't all that into the non-student guy, I don't think you'd be doing him (or yourself) any favours by hooking up with him. I'm not sure from your description whether he's purely interested in sex, or if he has a crush on you, but either way...it's probably best to keep things platonic.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

sud0k

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:28 pm
^ Agreed.
I mean in some situations, sex can be just sex. But the way you make it sound is that he is very interested, not only in sex, but in a relationship with you as well. So, I personally wouldn't hook up with the dude solely based on the fact that there is no chemistry.
As for the other guy (college student), talk to him. Get to know him better, go out on dates, and try to establish a better friendship as a base. In my experience, friendships tend to form due to a physical and mental attraction between both parties. Eventually, if there is a mutual feeling of respect and love for each other, ask him to be yours.
Love is a very complex web of emotions, so try not to get tangled.
Hope this helped.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:32 pm
sud0k

Thank you.

Much appreciated!

I head back to school tomorrow so we'll see how things go.

c:

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash