Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
When I look feminine, what name should I use? [OLD] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:52 pm
Lady Kayura
Is this for a user name or a name that people in real life will call you?
Real life. Joe Gibken was the real name of a superhero and names like "Robert E.O. Speedwagon" are the reason why story arc 1 and 2 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure were never released in America. :3

Joe Gibken is an awesome person, and I also kinda want to be able to sign my name as "R.E.O. Speedwagon". whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:15 pm
Blackrose_Knight
Total truth, I would internally eyeroll at either of those names. They are complex, over the top, and well, goofy. I would doubly internal eyeroll if you are not of Japanese decent and using Japanese names. Frankly, that screams immature weeaboo.

Why not something nice, and not so silly? I am partial to Jezebel, Mina, Rosalyn, and Emma. Hell even Remilia, is nice all on its own, with the others its a mouthful that is easier to forget than to remember.

Now, if these are stage names... maybe, just maybe. But even then they are pushing it.

Oh! How about Remilia-Jo? I secretly kinda like girls names that have the -Jo and the end
Joe Gibken was the real name of a superhero and the second one I would sign as Remilia E.O. Speedwagon or R.E.O. Speedwagon.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:43 am
Bao Sanniang
Blackrose_Knight
Total truth, I would internally eyeroll at either of those names. They are complex, over the top, and well, goofy. I would doubly internal eyeroll if you are not of Japanese decent and using Japanese names. Frankly, that screams immature weeaboo.

Why not something nice, and not so silly? I am partial to Jezebel, Mina, Rosalyn, and Emma. Hell even Remilia, is nice all on its own, with the others its a mouthful that is easier to forget than to remember.

Now, if these are stage names... maybe, just maybe. But even then they are pushing it.

Oh! How about Remilia-Jo? I secretly kinda like girls names that have the -Jo and the end
Joe Gibken was the real name of a superhero and the second one I would sign as Remilia E.O. Speedwagon or R.E.O. Speedwagon.
I would still internally roll my eyes. I know exactly what R.E.O Speedwagon is, as do a lot of other people. Renaming one's self after someone/something famous comes off as creepy, childish, and outlandish. I highly suggest against it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:54 am
Blackrose_Knight
Bao Sanniang
Blackrose_Knight

I would still internally roll my eyes. I know exactly what R.E.O Speedwagon is, as do a lot of other people. Renaming one's self after someone/something famous comes off as creepy, childish, and outlandish. I highly suggest against it.
Got the idea from Robert E.O. Speedwagon of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. For a week or 2 I was considering Roberta instead of Remilia.  

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:58 am
Bao Sanniang
Blackrose_Knight
Bao Sanniang
Blackrose_Knight

Got the idea from Robert E.O. Speedwagon of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. For a week or 2 I was considering Roberta instead of Remilia.
Look, I understand WHERE you got your ideas from - I am a huge classic rock fan. I prefer Led Zep, older Aerosmith, and the Eagles, but still I get it. I don't understand why you keep trying to "educate me" on your inspiration. I. Get. It. I just don't agree with it.

I think you can be waaay more creative on your name and pay homage to things/people you like without looking like a loon.

Edit: So a manga totally just ripped off a good band.

I revise my previous statements. I do not like your names. They make you look like a childish weaboo. I highly suggest revising your names to something tamer while keeping the meaning you want - paying homage to your favorite anime. Get creative.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:09 am
Bao Sanniang
Lady Kayura
Is this for a user name or a name that people in real life will call you?
Real life. Joe Gibken was the real name of a superhero and names like "Robert E.O. Speedwagon" are the reason why story arc 1 and 2 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure were never released in America. :3

Joe Gibken is an awesome person, and I also kinda want to be able to sign my name as "R.E.O. Speedwagon". whee

I don't want it to seem like I'm ganging up on you but I don't like either of the names. They're very.. something. Outlandish is not the word I want to use but I can't think of what I do want to use. That said, it isn't my name so I guess do what you want.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Noah Regrets

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:59 pm
Jo is a great genderfluid name. I also have a fondness for the color blue.

However, as a trans*person, choosing a name is not something that can be left to a poll. Choosing your name as a trans*person is intimate and all-import to the affirmation of your identity.

Note that by trans* I am including genderqueer/ genderfluid/ folks on any part of the spectrum, and those who don't include themselves in it at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:28 pm
Those sound pretty... out there for legal names. If you're okay with it, go ahead, but be prepared for people to not take you seriously. It's alright to enjoy your name and play around, but you have to think about how people will react, too. It's not just a nickname.

You've got guts, I'll give you that.  

jaysuss

Newbie Hunter

Bao Sanniang

Shirtless Shapeshifter

12,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:08 pm
See the first post.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:16 pm
if you're looking for a legal name, i would suggest going to baby name websites. i mainly hit up behind the name and behind the surname for rp characters, they tend to work pretty well in my experience. googling "baby name website" also works well.

and also, if you want something that would make you kind of blend in, i would suggest looking at names that were popular (i.e. the 100 most popular female names in 1984) then.

and.. yeah.  

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out