Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking
Anyone like to do Custom Decorating? Pics :)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like cake Decorating shows?
  '^o^' SWEETS!!!!
  yes! it's all so pretty!
  No I just want to eat cake NOMNOMNOM!
View Results

ShadowCat1191

Dapper Cat

14,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:33 pm
I love doing custom decorating on cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. It's so much fun! whee Was wondering if any of you girls like decorating to and if it wasn't gobbled before you could get some would love to see some pics of your sweet art emotion_kirakira
Here are some of my own:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sorry for the huge pics sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:01 pm
yum_cupcake  

ShadowCat1191

Dapper Cat

14,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150

Fuit Gummy

Sweet Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:25 pm
emotion_kirakira I wanna bake a cake nowwww!

I've only baked once, made 4 dozen cookies x'D So, I have no pics... It was
kinda fun though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:12 pm
CasuaIty
emotion_kirakira I wanna bake a cake nowwww!

I've only baked once, made 4 dozen cookies x'D So, I have no pics... It was
kinda fun though.

lol and now I want cookies emotion_drool
I bet you had a lot of fun with that many cookies around. I don't get too decorative with my cookies, as soon as they come out of the oven they usually get nommed before I can. XD
I remember one time me and my sis made cookies at like midnight and we didn't have everything so she decided to wing it. Needless to say our oven was a mess! They all ran together and formed one giant monster cookie, especially ugly cuz the m&m's made it green. It was really good though. 4laugh  

ShadowCat1191

Dapper Cat

14,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:00 pm
        I love decorating cakes, though I tend to kept it very simplistic and neat when I do.
        Though your cakes are so full of colour and fun, you should be proud!
        I baked a cookies and cream cake for my partner's birthday, the other day, though I never got the chance to photograph it before he got to it. emotion_donotwant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:33 pm
Clasela
        I love decorating cakes, though I tend to kept it very simplistic and neat when I do.
        Though your cakes are so full of colour and fun, you should be proud!
        I baked a cookies and cream cake for my partner's birthday, the other day, though I never got the chance to photograph it before he got to it. emotion_donotwant

so sorry for such a late reply! sweatdrop
I love the simple ones to and thanks a lot I really like making cakes fun and flashy whee Plus I try to put a little of my personality into them and the person's I'm giving it to.
Yummm cookies in cream cake emotion_drool I bet he loved it!  

ShadowCat1191

Dapper Cat

14,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:44 pm
ShadowCat1191

That's fine! ^o^ I do too, that's why mine are neat and very girly.
        He did love it~ Speaking of which, I JUST made chocolate eclairs. Yummy~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:26 pm
Aww just like your avi, which is precious by the way emotion_kirakira
Oh man I wish I was able to make eclairs I've always wanted to learn how to make them.
My most recent creation was a double chocolate oreo cake it was so rich! But yummy.

Here's a simple one you might like, I made it to celebrate a lady at work getting married.

ShadowCat1191

Dapper Cat

14,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150

ShadowCat1191

Dapper Cat

14,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:01 pm
yum_puddi  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:04 pm
ShadowCat1191
Oh man I wish I was able to make eclairs I've always wanted to learn how to make them.
My most recent creation was a double chocolate oreo cake it was so rich! But yummy.

Here's a simple one you might like, I made it to celebrate a lady at work getting married.

Omg that cake.
DAT.
CAKE.

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

ShadowCat1191

Dapper Cat

14,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:14 pm
Chemism
ShadowCat1191

Omg that cake.
DAT.
CAKE.

Thanks 4laugh
I just realized I neglected this topic today, I'll be adding more pics later smile
btw love your avi so dashing wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:35 am
Just my thought you use fondant it is super sweet and makes the cake look smooth.  

im a sexy fox

7,875 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

ShadowCat1191

Dapper Cat

14,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:46 pm
im a sexy fox
Just my thought you use fondant it is super sweet and makes the cake look smooth.

Thanks for the tip wink Though I've used fondant and it does have a nice smooth texture but I don't really like the taste and it's a pain to work with. People I make cakes for don't like it either, thanks though emotion_c8
I did find an alternative to it that tastes better in my opinion and is fun to work with, though I don't have much experience working with it yet. It's called candy clay, kinda like modeling clay and it's workable like fondant.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:08 pm
ShadowCat1191
im a sexy fox

Thanks for the tip wink Though I've used fondant and it does have a nice smooth texture but I don't really like the taste and it's a pain to work with. People I make cakes for don't like it either, thanks though emotion_c8
I did find an alternative to it that tastes better in my opinion and is fun to work with, though I don't have much experience working with it yet. It's called candy clay, kinda like modeling clay and it's workable like fondant.

I've heard of that before never used it so nothing negative to say. But you're welcome I usually have fun with fondant so I love working with it. Never have an issue with taste then again never ate much of my cakes. Any hoot keep p the good work I adore your cakes.  

im a sexy fox

7,875 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100

ShadowCat1191

Dapper Cat

14,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:59 pm
im a sexy fox
ShadowCat1191
im a sexy fox

I've heard of that before never used it so nothing negative to say. But you're welcome I usually have fun with fondant so I love working with it. Never have an issue with taste then again never ate much of my cakes. Any hoot keep p the good work I adore your cakes.

I may have had only bad experiences with it because I used some store bought brands. I used Wilton first and added vanilla extra because of it's terrible taste but it still didn't improve it much. Then I used a recipe I found that called for using a small amount of the Wilton being mixed with homemade marshmallow fondant, it turned out fine but kept a strong sweet marshmallow taste. Then after those I finally tried using store bought satin ice for the final time I used fondant because I was in a pinch. Mom sprung a baby shower on me. xp It had a much better taste and consistency than the others so I would consider using it again it's just not my cup of tea I think. But because you said you like it so much I may experiment with it again I just need to find a good homemade recipe. emotion_c8

Thanks! ^_^ I have many more that I've made and will post more pics later on here maybe. I get what you mean about not eating your own cakes I usually just do a taste before putting it all together to make sure it taste alright. People always ask me why don't you eat any and I always tell them after being covered in the stuff for as long as it took to make the cake I just don't want any cake at all. xd That and cake you didn't have to make yourself taste better. lol  
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games