Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Sneaking out/Running off.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mystic Jericho

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:05 pm
For a while now, I've been wanting to sneak out of my house and just run off to some place. I don't know where, and I don't know why.

My life isn't at all bad, it has it's ups and downs like any other, and if my family is bugging me a bit too much, I've had plenty of friends offer to let me stay at their house for a day or so.

Right now the only thing stopping me, is the cold weather, the lack of a sure destination, and my mom would probably have a heart attack if I went missing for too long. Has any one else felt the same way when they were 16?

I feel bad for wanting to do so, but I feel like doing this would fill up some void.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:24 pm
I would just wait the two years. Honestly, the only thing you would be doing would be hurting your family and endangering your self
TheCaringGentleman
For a while now, I've been wanting to sneak out of my house and just run off to some place. I don't know where, and I don't know why.

My life isn't at all bad, it has it's ups and downs like any other, and if my family is bugging me a bit too much, I've had plenty of friends offer to let me stay at their house for a day or so.

Right now the only thing stopping me, is the cold weather, the lack of a sure destination, and my mom would probably have a heart attack if I went missing for too long. Has any one else felt the same way when they were 16?

I feel bad for wanting to do so, but I feel like doing this would fill up some void.

Symptom_of_Society

Fatcat

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:35 pm
Running away is a terrible idea. Wanting to get out of the house for a while is understandable; I felt the same way at times when I was your age. But it's incredibly stupid, not to mention cruel to your parents, to take off if you have nowhere to go, especially if you don't tell your family where you're going.

You mentioned that you have friends who'll let you stay over for a day or two. Why not just do that? Or wait a few months until the weather isn't freezing, and go camping with your friends for a few days.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:23 pm
I definitely felt this way.

It's sort of about escaping your life as it is now and just removing yourself from the here and now.

I actually get this way all the time.

Definitely don't run away but think about taking a brief vacation to a new and exciting place. Somewhere that will feed your craving for escaping even if just for a little while.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

Mystic Jericho

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:35 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao
I definitely felt this way.

It's sort of about escaping your life as it is now and just removing yourself from the here and now.

I actually get this way all the time.

Definitely don't run away but think about taking a brief vacation to a new and exciting place. Somewhere that will feed your craving for escaping even if just for a little while.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets that way.
I've been talking it over with a few friends, and as long as we get the ok from our parents, we plan to go on sort of a roadtrip this Summer.
I'm hoping in that doing this, it gets rid of the need to run off, if only for a while.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:00 pm
I have felt that way too. When I graduated high school, I moved out about 4 times from my parents house. Then I left completely and never came back to live. Now I'm married and completely happy. smile  

Joanstar_Firewolf

2,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items