Advice for alterations?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:09 am
I just bought a really pretty vintage dress for an awfully good price on Etsy and it just came in today. The shop owner said that the dress was about a seven/eight and the measurements were in my range if a little bigger in some places, so I assumed I would be on the safe side to get it because I'm a five/six and the measurements would leave a little room.
When I tried it on, the dress got over my hips really easily (that's my problem with dresses usually >.<) and in fact the skirt was a bit big but the bodice is too small gonk
Essentially the top will go up and over my hips, but I can't get it to zip. At all. It feels like the skirt is a seven/eight but the top is definitely not the measurements I was given. It feels like a three >.<
Any advice for how to alter it? The price wasn't bad so it wasn't a tremendous waste of money, but I can't return it and I don't know anybody who'll fit it...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:38 am
        Oh, I love vintage dresses! ^o^ My best advice would be to take it to a dressmaker, tell/show them the problem and see what they advise.
        I alter a lot of my dresses, but it's always been because they are too big around the top.
        So I think it would be best if you took it to someone who could at least give you precise advice on what to do with it.

Clasela
Crew

04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces