Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
My conservative brother sent me this link.. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taka-tan

Dapper Autobiographer

3,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:40 pm
I've had all those words used against me. I've learn to blank them out, but they do hurt. Hope they eventually phase out like many words over time.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:46 pm
Sniffles_The Anteater
I've had all those words used against me. I've learn to blank them out, but they do hurt. Hope they eventually phase out like many words over time.

I think they will if people stand up to them being used in a passively homophobic way. I've started asking family to not say "that's gay" when they want to say stupid. Baby steps.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Taka-tan

Dapper Autobiographer

3,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:51 pm
Lady Kayura
Sniffles_The Anteater

I think they will if people stand up to them being used in a passively homophobic way. I've started asking family to not say "that's gay" when they want to say stupid. Baby steps.

So have I, along with my school's Gay-Straight Alliance. I don't know how well it's worked, but I've heard it less in the areas I tend to be in at school. So that's a good sign, right? yum_puddi  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 pm
Lady Kayura
http://www.nohomophobes.com/#!/today/

And I can't believe he sent it to me! I'm really glad he did. Nice to see this from him. Perhaps some day I can come out to him.

Taken from the website
This website is designed as a social mirror to show the prevalence of casual homophobia in our society. Words and phrases like “f*****t,” “dyke,” “no homo,” and “so gay” are used casually in everyday language, despite promoting the continued alienation, isolation and — in some tragic cases — suicide of sexual and gender minority (LGBTQ) youth.

We no longer tolerate racist language, we’re getting better at dealing with sexist language, but sadly we’re still not actively addressing homophobic and transphobic language in our society.

it pisses me off that people would even use those words in their vocabulary as hurtful words. To us they mean a positive, normal thing. To other people it's an offense.  

taking-risks

Friendly Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:30 pm
...this is just kinda depressing... Plus the fact my boyfriend doesn't see why its a problem *sigh*  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff