Submit

Kitsune Ametheyst Destiny

Desirable Sex Symbol

9,675 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:11 pm
Recently, it feels like I am unable to relax. There are so many things that I need to get done and it just makes me feel bad.

Things I've been trying to do...

1. Get a Job. I've filled out handfuls of applications but, no respsonse
2. Prepare for school. I've already registered for classes and paid for the spring semester
3HOUSEWORK!!! I took my mom's advice of taking it one piece at a time, STILL DIDN'T HELP!!!!
4.Communicate more Whenever I try to call someone, I don't have much to say...
5.MONEY!!! I finally have a bank account but I'm afraid of spending my own money..I'm also going to Katsucon so I need to save money...

All in all it's just one huge cluster of mental chaos and stress. The family's not helping much either. My older brother and sister have left without telling me and it is lonely. My older brother moved to California and has settled down with a wife and daughter and my older sister is getting married in May. My older cousin has moved in with us but it's not much of a help to me.

It's just like this, I want to be able to do things like expiriment with makeup, take a nice long bath, go buy stuff, but all of these strings of obligations, "not alloweds", or buts, or you need to do this or that before anything else and i'm just sick of it!!! HELP ME!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:55 am
Have your tried just taking a small break and doing something you like to do? This can boost your mood so other chores/obligations are not that stressfull.

Also don't worry too much about what you are trying to accomplish, some of these things go hand in hand. For example you will learn to communicate better over the phone when you have to do callbacks to see what the status is of your job application.

Just out of curiosity, why are you not allowed to experiment with makeup? I think makeup is good addition to a girl that wants to look proffesional (or mature) in a work/school enviorment. 3nodding  

Meline Moon

Desirable Sex Symbol

9,675 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:26 am
I try taking a small break but i get too distracted or something else pops up. It just seems like I'm unable to relax. When it comes to what I'm trying to accomplish, it's like heap upon heap of "do this" or "do that""

as for the makeup thing, it's either i'm too lazy, inexpirienced (this coming from someone who used to do ballet and is now into cosplaying), or I forget how to, or that whenever i put it on, I look like a mess. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:32 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1. Sometimes employers take weeks and months to call. also instead of going place to place, go to snag-a-job and see who is hiring and look up how to better follow up after submitting an application. Job hunting takes a lot of patience and effort. You can't just fill out an app and walk around saying oh they aren't calling me back.

2. You're signed up and paid for the classes so what is the problem?

3. Sit down and do the work! Do the easy stuff first and then take a break and come back and do the hard stuff.

4. Then figure it out before you talk. If you don't know what to say then you have nothing to say that or your thoughts are just all over the place.

5. Why do you need a bank account if you don't have a job? Some accounts will close the minute you don't have any money in your account. I mean it can be reopened but it is such a hassle to call them and explain to them what happen and such. Not to mention it should motivate you more to keep job hunting.

And apparently you CAN experiment with makeup, you're just too lazy to do it when you finally have the chance. Taking a long bath probably is not realistic if you have a lot of people in the house only share one bathroom, though if you are the last one to take a bath then maybe you can enjoy a nice soak.

Buying stuff again it goes back to number one. And I think if you see you actually putting in an effort to do things like finding a job and doing your homework, then when you actually do want to relax or whatever they probably won't say anything or not much. It just seems to me you are doing more complaining than working.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Desirable Sex Symbol

9,675 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:39 pm
little aishi chan
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1. Sometimes employers take weeks and months to call. also instead of going place to place, go to snag-a-job and see who is hiring and look up how to better follow up after submitting an application. Job hunting takes a lot of patience and effort. You can't just fill out an app and walk around saying oh they aren't calling me back.

2. You're signed up and paid for the classes so what is the problem?

3. Sit down and do the work! Do the easy stuff first and then take a break and come back and do the hard stuff.

4. Then figure it out before you talk. If you don't know what to say then you have nothing to say that or your thoughts are just all over the place.

5. Why do you need a bank account if you don't have a job? Some accounts will close the minute you don't have any money in your account. I mean it can be reopened but it is such a hassle to call them and explain to them what happen and such. Not to mention it should motivate you more to keep job hunting.

And apparently you CAN experiment with makeup, you're just too lazy to do it when you finally have the chance. Taking a long bath probably is not realistic if you have a lot of people in the house only share one bathroom, though if you are the last one to take a bath then maybe you can enjoy a nice soak.

Buying stuff again it goes back to number one. And I think if you see you actually putting in an effort to do things like finding a job and doing your homework, then when you actually do want to relax or whatever they probably won't say anything or not much. It just seems to me you are doing more complaining than working.

Well, I actually went to snag-a-job.com and filled out some applications, but I'll be going back to school on the 28th and I want to stick on a study schedule like studying and doing my homework on campus rather than being distracted at home. I actually did do some small jobs like helping my uncle in his photography buisiness and worked at the election polls so I save the money I earn.
I admit that i am lazy, I need to stop being lazy but it's just like there is so much demand like I don't know where to start getting it together...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:42 am
Assuming you go to a community college or university, have you looked into work-study? Work-study jobs are jobs at the university in which you work 15-20 hours per week and your supervisors will schedule your hours around your classes.

As for the housework, just set small goals for yourself at first. Put clutter away in bins or ottomans. Do the dishes. Clean the bathroom (wipe the sink, clean the mirror, clean the toilet, sweep). Vacuum the floor.

As for gaining confidence talking to people on the phone, you just have to keep trying. If you find yourself speechless when talking to a friend, ask questions about their lives, jobs, school, family, etc, then reply with what is going on in your own life. If you have skype, you can also practice calling people on there.  

Dionnysia

Girl-Crazy Trickster

12,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Conventioneer 300
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items