Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
The Great Debate

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:11 pm
At school, we had to research and prepare for a debate. Naturally, I chose gay marriage. After the 20 minute debate, I realized that the opposing team only made two points (religion and "it's just plain wrong"), while I made several points, each proving any other opposing points wrong before they even had the chance to talk about it. Afterwards, my classmates were able to have an open discussion about the topic, during which I answered question that people had about homosexuals, laws, etc. So the point is, even though I won the debate by a landslide, I still feel uneasy and kind of unsatisfied with the entire event. I don't really know why...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:21 pm
I love debates. My first debate was where I had to support building a mall next to a river. Hated the idea, rocked the debate.

But perhaps it's just because gay marriage is a touchy subject to some, and you say you did well. You know the fear of succes effect? You do well on a touchy subject, I'd get queasy to.  

Katana left the site

Angelic Shade

TheSlayerKills

Prodigal Shopper

17,950 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:30 am
It doesn't sound like they gave much thought into their side of the issue. I would feel unsatisfied to as it doesn't sound they actually tried to argue their side effectively. Congratulations on winning it though. smile  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games